Carrara challenge #59 ANNWFN - In honour of Chohole.

Comments

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Thanks UB!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2021

SileneUK - the waterfall image is spectacular.

Here is a different project for me.  I wanted to make sure I did at least one entry that integrated some Bryce stuff.  For this, Bryce comes with a spiral staircase object (or I picked one up from a Bryce vendor in the Daz store), so I exported the staircase as an obj.  The terrain is a Bryce Terrain and I grabbed a David Brinnen shader.  I exported the terrain mesh in collada dae format, which also exported maps for diffuse, specular and bump.  The maps were bmp format so I had to convert them.  I chose jpg.  I loaded the terrain in Carrara, and mixed David Brinnen's Bryce maps with a Carrara mountain terrain shader.  I also created haze with Carrara volumetric clouds and increased the haze lower on the mountain by replicating some Carrara fog on a plane about the base.  The background sky is mine.  I applied depth of field focused on the staircase.

Bryce Mountain and Stairs Entry.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 189K
    bryce 02.jpg
    1847 x 998 - 595K
    bryce 01.jpg
    1666 x 803 - 364K
    wip carrara scene.jpg
    1880 x 1005 - 329K
    Bryce Mountain Update.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 254K
    Bryce Mountain Updated.jpg
    1279 x 1017 - 245K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited August 2021

Oh I see, Dio, Stairway To Heaven!  Lovely idea. heart Will catch up hopefully tomorrow. I did manage to get her behind the waterfall, hat and all and will do a render to see how it looks with different lights. If that works, then I will have two entries, Who knew! I am now going back through the WIPs and seeing a lot of tricks and techniques that I should have used, but kept to bog-standard Carrara this time. (Not that Carrara is bog standard... never, ever, ever in a million gazillion years!) 

blush Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Thanks UB !!!

Diomede said:

Here is a different project for me.

Awesome, love the staircase !!!

• mschackmschack Posts: 337
    edited August 2021

Almost forgot lol

Doc2.png
    1920 x 840 - 2M
    wip.PNG
    1857 x 1080 - 504K
    Post edited by mschack on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited September 2021

_  Not entry _   ,,  thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited September 2021

Welcome Home, Chohole!

V3 in the Morphing Fantasy Dress is the adult guide.  K4 in the Kids 4 Princess outfit is the little girl.  V4 in the Starfire outfit (Rendo) is the knight.  Dogs are Daz Millennium Dog.

The background is a modified version of one image out of the Strange Worlds freebie pack on Rendo.  The rock bridge is a modified version of Rock Formation #4 (Daz).

No postwork.

Welcome Home, Chohole.png
    1600 x 1067 - 2M
    Welcome Home setup.JPG
    1670 x 1065 - 254K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

That's cool, Mschack!   UB, V3 still shines, doesn't she. The character fits well with the theme. She looks like the legendary Princess Nest to me!  ed3D  that's a shame it's not an entry.

heart Silene

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

SileneUK said:

=ed3D  that's a shame it's not an entry.

heart Silene

~  was going to put Image , but did'nt _ and kept meaning to come back , but did'nt   -  But thanx _

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Quick visit just to let you know have Extended entries by One week. Be back this afternoon. Great Renders everyone :) 

Anyone need any extra time please let me know. 

Be back later to comment :) and change dates!

cheers from oz :)

UnifiedBrain said:

Welcome Home, Chohole!

Fabulous !!! Like how the wings form a heart shape !

ed3D said:

SileneUK said:

heart Silene

~  was going to put Image , but did'nt _ and kept meaning to come back , but did'nt   -  But thanx _

Hopefully next time !

Headwax said:

Quick visit just to let you know have Extended entries by One week. Be back this afternoon. Great Renders everyone :) 

Anyone need any extra time please let me know. 

Be back later to comment :) and change dates!

cheers from oz :)

Thanks !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Looking great, UB.

Head Wax - does this mean we have to around the 10th-ish? 

Diomede said:

Looking great, UB.

Head Wax - does this mean we have to around the 10th-

Sure lets make it the 12th if that suites everybody?

back in an hour and ill change dates 

UnifiedBrain said:

Welcome Home, Chohole!

V3 in the Morphing Fantasy Dress is the adult guide.  K4 in the Kids 4 Princess outfit is the little girl.  V4 in the Starfire outfit (Rendo) is the knight.  Dogs are Daz Millennium Dog.

The background is a modified version of one image out of the Strange Worlds freebie pack on Rendo.  The rock bridge is a modified version of Rock Formation #4 (Daz).

No postwork.

superb! Creeping me out slightly, in a good way. Terrific how you do the viewpoint from Pam's perspective

Diomede said:

SileneUK - the waterfall image is spectacular.

Here is a different project for me.  I wanted to make sure I did at least one entry that integrated some Bryce stuff.  For this, Bryce comes with a spiral staircase object (or I picked one up from a Bryce vendor in the Daz store), so I exported the staircase as an obj.  The terrain is a Bryce Terrain and I grabbed a David Brinnen shader.  I exported the terrain mesh in collada dae format, which also exported maps for diffuse, specular and bump.  The maps were bmp format so I had to convert them.  I chose jpg.  I loaded the terrain in Carrara, and mixed David Brinnen's Bryce maps with a Carrara mountain terrain shader.  I also created haze with Carrara volumetric clouds and increased the haze lower on the mountain by replicating some Carrara fog on a plane about the base.  The background sky is mine.  I applied depth of field focused on the staircase.

very nice, another chill producing image - once again in  a good way, love the atmospheric feeling - really gives a sense of distance

ed3D said:

SileneUK said:

heart Silene

would love to see you put something in - I have extended entries till the 12th of this month

@UnifiedBrain thank you for your comments on my works

Thanks, HW.... so much bad weather and disasters going on internationally, I hope the extra time gives those who may have been somewhat affected to put an entry in or even just to get back to their art and posting on the site again.  For any really affected, I am sending positive thoughts and wishes that you will get through this and we will see you soon.

heart Silene

• Thanks for the comments Silene, Bunyip, Diomede, and HW.  Appreciate it.

The scene is somewhat dark, and the characters glow a bit, so it may look a little creepy.  But I prefer "unworldly."  smiley

My initial thought was to make it look more painted (dirty it up) but I ended up liking the clean look best.

edited September 2021

Here's the final render and screen grab of the Carrara workspace. In the end I got the real waterfall that TangoAlpha created for his scene to work. It just took time. So  I added the animals as separate render passes as it got a big sluggish.  I will have to move on and list the credits when posting the entry later or tomorrow. I had another scene of her inside the waterfall, but ran out of time to work with it. My eye gets dry and we have had a lot of pollen this last week, so it got a bit weird. And we have a belated birthday party for my grandson on Sunday, but thankfully husband is being a big help!

I reallly like TangoAlpha's scene behind the falls. Perhaps will use it another time as it is a very versitile scene!     yes  Silene

CH2Screenie.png
    1000 x 745 - 1M
    Waterfall 2.png
    1200 x 898 - 2M
    edited September 2021

Oh I had found a poem, too. It was written about waterfalls which are all over Wales, but the author JimHL included a pic of the Sgwd Yr Eira (Fall of Snow in English) waterfall and that was the one I am using as a loose theme.  I have messaged the author to get permission, even though it's on an open poetry site. I have only his username, so did register to contact him.  Perhaps I will hear back, but I am not including it as part of the entry, just to express the joy and peace of the Four Waterfalls which I am sure Pam knew. 

UPDATE!!   I got a message from the author, Jim Loft who said he grew up in the area where I believe Pam is from, but now lives elsewhere.  He was good with me using his poem. heart

laugh Silene

Waterfall Poem.png
    547 x 779 - 47K
  • SileneUK said:

Yes TA's waterfall looks better, but the biggest difference to me are the improvements in the character and hat.  People are always tougher to get right than anything else.

Really nice job!

SileneUK said:

Here's the final render and screen grab of the Carrara workspace. In the end I got the real waterfall that TangoAlpha created for his scene to work. It just took time. So  I added the animals as separate render passes as it got a big sluggish.  I will have to move on and list the credits when posting the entry later or tomorrow. I had another scene of her inside the waterfall, but ran out of time to work with it. My eye gets dry and we have had a lot of pollen this last week, so it got a bit weird. And we have a belated birthday party for my grandson on Sunday, but thankfully husband is being a big help!

I reallly like TangoAlpha's scene behind the falls. Perhaps will use it another time as it is a very versitile scene!     yes  Silene

that's beautiful Silene - what a wonderful image! And lovely poem to set it off.

Two days to go :) !!! Thanks to everyone who has entered!

Two days to go :) !!! Thanks to everyone who has entered!

See attached file for Lockbox icon :)

Untitled-2.jpg
    524 x 522 - 87K
  • the leaks are the best touch Silene heart

edited September 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the leaks are the best touch Silene heart

Thanks, UB, HW and Wendy. It has been a challenge, but as I knew the theme would be nature, that helped a lot as that is what I do off-site. People ARE a challenge to get right. My Neanderthals challenge me regularly!  Thankfully they don't wear a lot of fitted clothing. 

I learned to like the national vegetable cheeky  after moving from the US. I use them in soups, etc vs onions as they seem to be easier on my husband's tummy and have a nice flavour!

yes Silene