Baryolax Expansion pack [commercial]

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
edited January 2015 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi guys, I’m back with the first expansion pack for Baryolax which includes a lot of new body parts and morphs. With this pack, Baryolax will look more fierce and spikier than ever.

It took me a while before I could resume work on this pack because of the holidays but now I can focus my attention back on it but I still have a long way before I can call it done, so feel free to post your suggestion to make this pack better.

Main_Promo01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 848K
Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Here's a little showcase of what I’ve got to show right now.

VS_Bunny_01.jpg
    1600 x 1194 - 926K
    Exp_QuillsArms_01.jpg
    2000 x 1843 - 757K
    EEL_Promo_01.jpg
    1736 x 1449 - 1M
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Amazing! Those extra arms shall come in very useful!

Do the smaller arms have similar fins and textures as you've made for the main arms, so that they can match?

And does 'first' expansion pack mean there'll be more? :D

edited December 1969

Yeah! There’s more to come.

I must admit I didn’t thought of making fins for the smaller arms. One more thing for the list, but I don’t know if it’s possible to make a geograft for another geograft?

edited December 1969

All new body parts have matching textures for the five looks that were provided with Baryolax. For example, the fins can be use with the Desert look without problems.

edited January 2015

Maybe two completeley different sets of smaller arms, if 'geografting geografts' don't work?

Also, suggestions: Is there a way to morph those head horns to be sharp? And possibly a dorsal fin for the spine, plus a vertical 'shark fin' arrangement for the end of the tail (I believe one of the Genesis/Genesis 2 mermaid kit expansions has this). I think that would look very interesting if shown swimming with those above the water surface. I think I mentioned a 'blind' eyeless morph, last time, too - don't know how easy that would be to make.

Horn-like stinger for the tail-tip?

Looking great, so far!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,948
    edited December 1969

Looking really good! :)

edited December 1969

Great suggestions… I added them to my to do list.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Hi guys, I’m back with the first expansion pack for Baryolax which includes a lot of new body parts and morphs. With this pack, Baryolax will look more fierce and spikier than ever.

It took me a while before I could resume work on this pack because of the holidays but now I can focus my attention back on it but I still have a long way before I can call it done, so feel free to post your suggestion to make this pack better.

SOLD!

Don't forget to keep a simple bodysuit on the list. ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

Don't worry. I've already started a sci-fi body suit and accessories for him. It will be the next release.

edited December 1969

Would that include a masked helmet? And options for covering the tail and secondary arms?

Baryolax makes a really good fit with Reptilian 6! Almost like Baryolax evolved from R6. Was surprised how well they suit one another when posed to interact in scenes.

edited December 1969

I’m not deep into the making of this outfit yet but of course there will be a cool helmet with a face cover.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

I'm so buying this! Just tell me when. I really like his spines.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,414
    edited December 1969

looking pretty cool

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited December 1969

I'm always on the lookout for fearsome looking monsters for my Victoria Six to kill so I will keep an eye on this.

Cheers,

Alex.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I think I mentioned this in the old thread, but I'm not sure, soo... - a blade end for the tail would be nice, something like the Xenomorphs from Alien have.

edited December 1969

This pack includes blade end for the tail and also a nasty stinger.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    This pack includes blade end for the tail and also a nasty stinger.

Awesome!
    Time to put my money in the piggy bank and keep an eye out for release :D

edited December 1969

Hi guys, I’m back with some updates on the expansion. Here’s a showcase of what the tail can now do.

Tail_Option_Final01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 555K
    edited December 1969

I’ve also added fins to the secondary arms.

I’ll post more stuff pretty soon…

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,948
    edited December 1969

*drool* ;)

edited December 1969

Fantastic stuff! Really looking forward to this expansion set.

Does this mean the forthcoming Worm Beast could also be getting optional arms and spikes?

edited December 1969

Yes of course. I’m already planning ahead with Worm Beast so it will be easier to add stuff like that.

edited December 1969

Awesome! Ever since I saw it, I've been imagining what it would look like with a couple of arms. Technically, there's no reason it couldn't be made to have dozens of legs like a fleshy centipede, of course.

Out of interest, why is there both a blade morph and geograft for the Baryolax? Is the geograft for when it needs to be a different colour? Love how viciously sharp the stinger and mace look.

edited December 1969

The geograft is a new figure that gets attached to the original figure. Since there are not enough polygons on the tail tip to create a really cool morph I decided to also make a geograft for it. They look alike in the image but when you’ll see them in DAZ you’ll understand why I made both a morph and a geograft.

There’s also morph on the geografts for length adjustment.

edited December 1969

Length adjustment sounds very useful...

Thanks for the explanation!

edited December 1969

If you need my help with something feel free to ask I’ll be glad to put a tutorial together to help.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited December 1969

My Victoria Six is waiting. And she's got two very, very sharp swords.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

I hope Baryolax to be a worthy opponent.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Hi guys, I’m back with some updates on the expansion. Here’s a showcase of what the tail can now do.

I was expecting something awesome.

Yet somehow this looks better than what I expected O_O

I have a feeling I'm gonna be buying this :D :D :D

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,783
    edited December 1969

Looks fantastic! Great job