Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven Dullah said:

...latest...

That's like magic.

Sure it's a dforce mishap,  but the composition and shape hints at something almost angelic.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

"Magic" sounds about right, I wonder how it would look if you used a semi-transparent texture on the... dress? Even making a few copies and setting the texture and opacity for each a little differently might make for an interesting magical "cloud" effect for the character's transformation of some sort...

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Yeah, should have tried pwGhost or something:) Anyway it's gone now, never saved it. Hmm I wonder if AI recognizes dForce explosions by now? devil

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,011

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280

Always was oddly fond of this one

every_day_like_the_last_1_by_hyperion_studio_dcga88y-fullview.jpg
    1024 x 781 - 145K

Something I made for the LLRAM challenge: Easter

edited December 2022

Picked up the Apocalyptic Bunker as well as the Mojave desert, so a bit of kitbashing...converted to awe(wip)

Apocalyptic Bunker g awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

....nice start.  

edited December 2022

...skin conversion...

FWSA Matti skin awe g.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

Is there a continuation of the 3Delight Laboratory Thread? The one I have a link to hit the page limit at the start of last year.

edited December 2022

Nope! 

My 3DL tips thread  is the closest you can get for now;) Looks like Kettu, wowie and the rest have left the building:( The 3DL Lab thread was my bible for many years and contains invaluable information, not found anywhere else. I've actually been thinking to gather some of that stuff in my thread so people can find it easier...we'll see, any year now:))

edited December 2022

...another take on the Apocalyptic Bunker...

EE Apocalyptic BunkerG awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

The lighting and shadows are great, but the warped reflection in the mirror is outstanding.

I never get tired of looking at your stuff, thanks for sharing.

-- Walt Sterdan

Tks Walt! Finding a good lighting concept turned out to be a bit of a struggle, so glad you like it:) Y'know, how do you light a big room with a light bulb and two small table lamps so that everything looks great?laugh

Sven Dullah said:

Nope! 

My 3DL tips thread  is the closest you can get for now;) Looks like Kettu, wowie and the rest have left the building:( The 3DL Lab thread was my bible for many years and contains invaluable information, not found anywhere else. I've actually been thinking to gather some of that stuff in my thread so people can find it easier...we'll see, any year now:))

I had some 3DL questions and was looking for a more appropriate place to ask them. 

edited December 2022

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

Nope! 

I had some 3DL questions and was looking for a more appropriate place to ask them. 

Hm that could be hard to findlaugh.

Jokes aside, the idea of my tips thread was to try and keep all essential 3DL info in one place, and if someone shares or brings up something that I think is useful I will add a link in the index post on page 1.  But you are of course free to start a new thread and, with your permission, if something useful comes out of it, I'll add a link. But asking and commenting in my thread is totally ok.

Decided to try and improve my understanding of composition and then implement what I learned. I give it a pass and a fail. The last image has all the elements I wanted but it doesn't quite work, A3 is supposes to be the star but she's being upstaged by the birds hence the other images.

edited December 2022

Got the Genesis Reptilian, which I think is a great morph with nice textures, and the King's Pass, which..eh let's say I'm not impressed. But after re-texturing most of it and converting to SubD, I think it's useful;)

Reptil King's Pass awe.png
    1400 x 788 - 2M
    edited January 2023

...deep down..

Behemon Herdbeast Secret Cave awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
  • Hi, everyone!  I finally have something to post after RealLife(tm) finished tossing me around - I got over my grieving period for the loss of Photoshop, and moved on.  So, entries at the Other Place and the PinUp contest... :-D  I love representing 3DL in my own little way!

Fair Ride fin.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Fairy Dreams fin.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 2M

Good to see you around, Missel, it's been a while:) Ah yeah nice ones (especially the mushroom fairy), and sorry for your loss, but you seem to have gotten over it real well:))

So what are you using now, if I may be so bold to ask?

• Sven Dullah said:

Good to see you around, Missel, it's been a while:) Ah yeah nice ones (especially the mushroom fairy), and sorry for your loss, but you seem to have gotten over it real well:))

So what are you using now, if I may be so bold to ask?

Thanks, Sven!

I am using Affinity Photo - I am actually happier with it than Photoshop because it has a couple of nifty tools that make quick retouching and re-texturing much easier for me!  I was going to download a demo and try it out, only to discover that I had actually won a copy a couple years before but never used it because I still had access to PS.  I would happily pay for it, though - no subscription, works with my Windows7 with no problems at all and feels a lot like PS, so very easy learning curve :-)  Plus, I tried to use GIMP (again) and it still makes me cry :-P 

As a bonus, all my Deviney brushes work in Affinity (and are better organized!), and all my old PS files open up without difficulty.  My work flow (now that I have one for a bit) is pretty much uninterrupted.

edited January 2023

Wow, checked Affinity Photo - as you said,no subscription and 40% off atm. I'm tempted...

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

Sven Dullah said:

Wow, checked Affinity Photo - as you said,no subscription and 40% off atm. I'm tempted...

I've had Affinity Photo for a while, but use it together with Clip Studio Paint which is my main go-to app. I used APhoto primarily for photo-editing and touch ups. Recently I also had the opportunity to buy Affinity Publisher. As with APhoto, I've also been happy with Affinity Publisher too. There's Affinity Designer as well, but I'm holding off; instead, I'm hoping to learn how to use Inksape for vector illustrations.

Cheers!

csaa said:

Sven Dullah said:

I've had Affinity Photo for a while, but use it together with Clip Studio Paint which is my main go-to app. I used APhoto primarily for photo-editing and touch ups. Recently I also had the opportunity to buy Affinity Publisher. As with APhoto, I've also been happy with Affinity Publisher too. There's Affinity Designer as well, but I'm holding off; instead, I'm hoping to learn how to use Inksape for vector illustrations.

Cheers!

Tks for the input...still studying...

edited January 2023

Friday Practise

Racing Incident?

Friday Practise awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Friday Practise2 awe.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
    A Day At The Drag Race Track g awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Since we can enter 5 times, and I like the topic, I have another...

Foxy Lady fin.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    edited January 2023

---

edited January 2023

A bunch of renders, basically working on that dragster race track conversion from IRay, there's stuff there using a triple layer shader so a bit tricky;) Also have to try using lo rez figures, so need to develop some diversity...

F550 awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Friday Practise 4 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Friday Practise 6ds awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Friday Practise 5 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Friday Practise 7mb awe.png
    1400 x 788 - 1M