Carrara challenge #59 ANNWFN (Heaven) - In honour of Chohole. Winners announced!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Entry:  # 1
    Title: Heavenly Blossoms
    Artist: Bunyip02

Entry:  #8
    Title: Heavenly Solitude
    Artist: mschack

Entry # 10
    Title:  Welsh Waterfall 
    (Based on the real Four  Waterfalls walk in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, miid-Wales)  
    Artist: SileneUK

Entry:  #14
    Title: Waiting
    Artist: Namtar3D

great work everyone yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Thanks to everyone who voted in this so far.

Voting will close either on the morrow or the next day.

cheers from here

•  

Entry:  #5

Title: Coblynau

Artist: Stezza

Entry:  #8

Title: Heavenly Solitude

Artist: mschack

Entry:  #14

Entry # 10

(Based on the real Four  Waterfalls walk in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, miid-Wales)  

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Entry # 7
    Artist
    : Diomede (Ted Murphy)
    Title: Brycean Stairway
    - This feels nice and warm and atmospheric - heavenly!

Artist: 
    mschack
     - You really created a nice mood of serenity

Entry # 10
    Artist
    : SileneUK
    (Based on the real Four  Waterfalls walk in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, miid-Wales)
     - This is lovely. The waterfall looks great, I love the rainbows!

Artist:
    Namtar3D
    - The lighting and composition are exquisite. DOF gives it a nice painterly look.

Well it's neck and neck for the votes!!

Looking for another couple of votes to sort things out :)

A special shout out to the Bryce voters who are always more than willing to lend a hand.

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Entry:  #5

Title: Coblynau

Artist: Stezza

Entry:  #11

Title: Archangel

Artist: Headwax

Entry #12

Title: Egyptian Funeral Barge

Artist: Diomede

Artist: mschack 

Love the softness of this, the feeling of atmopshere and Heavenly mist.

Entry # 10

Comment: so much life in this work, it tells a beautiful story, the more you look, the more you see

Entry:  #9

Title: Welcome Home, Chohole!

Artist: UnifiedBrain

Comment: This one sent chills down my spine, not sure why, I think it's the first person perspective - like they are welcoming the viewer to Heaven.

Comment: The soft focus on this one, the feeling of sitting in the sunshine, but the otherworldy feeling always in the background, captured me

Okay Dokey Voting is Now closed, thanks to everyone!!! I'll be back in a while and announce the winnerereres :)

edited September 2021

Well, it was super close.

There were some beautiful entries, I'm sure Chohole would be tickled pink by this challenge. I imagine she's up in Heaven waving her Shillelagh around, having a chuckle.

1) The GRAND WINNER of the Carrara Challenge #59 is  Namtar3D with their ethereal work entitled "Waiting."

2) Coming up very close behind with the Second most votes was SileneUK with her beautiful work "Welsh Waterfall."

3) In Third Place was the   indomitable mschack  with Heavenly Solitude 

4) In fourth place, on an almost equal footing was Bunyip02, Stezza, Shlomi Laszlo, Unified Brain, Diomede - all talented artists delivering heart felt work.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in this challange and to everyone who made the effort to vote!

As you know, there were no prizes in this challenge but I am sure that Daz, in their kindness, will continue to sponsor us. 

The Mantle for deciding and running the next Challange, Challenge #60 (!) falls firstly upon NAMTAR3D, and, should Namtar3d decline, thence to SILENEUK 

If you need advice please message myself or Unified Brain, or Diomede, or any of the other previous challnge winners.

We can advise you of appropriate contacts and  other protocols that might come in handy.

Thanks again :)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Congrats to the winners, thanks to Headwax for being host !!!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Thanks for the votes! Everyone had such great ideas and loved all the art. heart

It was fun remembering Chohole this way... I almost preferred it to a prize contest to be honest.  I hope Namtar is available as I have some serious family problems right now that will be taking a lot of time for the forseeable future so could not do any hosting even with help. We will be doing much more grandparenting than expected because of custody issues. sad

Anyways, the contest was a great idea!  heart

yes Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Bravo to the winners and excellent challenge, Headwax.  Blessings to Pam's family and friends.

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Thanks Headwax, another good one.  Good renders all!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

~   Congratulations    ~

well done everybody... smiley

great renders Pam would love heart 

• Good work from everyone.  An inspired theme HW.  Thanks for hosting again.

Hoping Namtar is good for the next one!

thanks for all the thanks - thank you to everyone who participated.

I haven't heard from @namtar3d .

I'll send a PM :)

@SileneUK I hope thing ssettle down for you. Sounds sticky.

@Diomede, is there something you are keeping from us? Villa of Diomede - Pompeii Sites

• Hi there, thank you all for your votes :D 

Well, i'm pretty bad at it. TBH i would prefer someone else take the host. 

About the theme, my vote would be just for "Day of the Dead (or Halloween)" theme.  That can be a scene of mexican tradition of the Day of the Death like an offering, a "Catrina", a scary scene from a movie, a Halloween decoration, a pumpkin head, a scene of the aztec underworld "mictlan", etc. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited September 2021

Hey Namtar, you already have a theme.  That's half the battle. :)

There is never any pressure to be host.  But I'm sending you a PM to explore the idea.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Congratulations to all! Thanks to Headwax for hosting and a for a thoughtful theme. Wonderful!

edited October 2021

UnifiedBrain said:

There is never any pressure to be host.  But I'm sending you a PM to explore the idea.

Thanks for doing that UB _ I ran out of steam on the last two otherwise would do it.

We are coming out of lockdown soon and I will be working my backside off trying to catch up on two months? worth of work

If Namatar doesnt want to do it we can always have a break - the next one is sixty so should be done with lots of gusto and a break before wouldn't hurt

I was thinking to ask for starters (ie people who were interested in participating) before we start the next challenge - to make it worh the while

DesertDude said:

Congratulations to all! Thanks to Headwax for hosting and a for a thoughtful theme. Wonderful!

Headwax said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Thanks for doing that UB _ I ran out of steam on the last two otherwise would do it.

You have already stepped up a bunch lately.  The problem is, your work (which is exceptional) has been super exceptional lately.  As a result, you keep winning. smiley  While I am glad to see you getting the well-deserved wins, it is unfair to ask you to keep hosting, or to cover every little detail.

We are coming out of lockdown soon and I will be working my backside off trying to catch up on two months? worth of work

As the political pendulumn swings to the left worldwide, only one thing has really caught me by surprise - the harshness of the lockdowns in Australia.  I wish you luck in catching up.

If Namatar doesnt want to do it we can always have a break - the next one is sixty so should be done with lots of gusto and a break before wouldn't hurt

I have not heard back from Namtar.  A break is always possible.  Another option is to ask mschack, who finished 3rd. 

I was thinking to ask for starters (ie people who were interested in participating) before we start the next challenge - to make it worh the while

I've had the same idea for a while.  When enough artists commit, we begin.  But committment for some (those who have the tine) might also depend on who is the host, or the actual theme.  And there are always some who will say that a committment "takes the fun out of it," or something similar.  Not easy to please everyone. :)

I am a commit.  That means I intend to participate in the next challenge, whenever it is held.

just sayin' I liked this challenge with no $$ prizes.. 

yes

ready for the next ( I even have a theme idea but you'll never know what it is ) bwa hahahaha devil

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Also ready for the next, also had a theme idea as well !!!

Diomede said:

I am a commit.  That means I intend to participate in the next challenge, whenever it is held.

Forgot to mention I had a theme idea.

edited October 2021

thanks UB,

plus one great for the committed :) me I am comitted too - they will let me out soooon 

have we heard from Namatar? I sent them a message a while ago but no response

if not I'll start a thread asking for theme ideas and for people to put up hands to be committed :)

then we can vote on the theme ideas and off we go go for Numero 60.

I'll host if noone elses wants too, but not sure how much free time I will have to cheer people on!

Have not heard from Namtar.

It does sound like there are several folks who are willing to host.  But if you want to start a thread asking for ideas and committments, and you are willing to host another, that is fine also.  You started the Challenges, so I'm good with whatever you decide. :)

Thanks UB :) I'll wait a while and see who puts their hand up I think.

cheers from Oz!