How I use Carrara...

2»

Comments

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

haha

So...I got an email saying someone had replied to this thread. DAZ's emails don't tell you who, they just say that someone replied, etc. It looks like it was deleted or whatever? Not sure, but the person was making a giant fuss about how I didn't credit the audio source of one of my videos in *this thread*.

In the actual credits for Ex-Men Gambit I credit the folks whose audio was used, and in the description of the video I literally link the audio that was used.

Us indie animator folks *frequently* animate audio from across Youtube. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill concept for the Youtube community. The entire popularity of animated Game Grumps and all Let's Plays are founded on this premise. Additionally, I did contact Holmes and Middleditch about the video and got awesome and glowing feedback from them via Twitter.

Maybe the person who was objecting figured all that out which is why their comment disappeared, but in case there was anything left brewing, just as an FYI -- animating audio for fun on Youtube is a pretty common practice. So long as you give credit and link the original video (a lot of folks don't even do the latter), it's basically considered about as harmless as is drawing a picture of Wolverine and posting it on your DeviantArt page. It's almost always considered by the creators of the original audio as an amazing tribute and I've never heard of any person ever being upset that their audio was animated. It's usually considered pretty awesome. Which is what the folks thought of the animation that I did of their audio.

I did post two separate videos in the original post. One which I wrote and animated, one which I only animated. If there was some confusion, or if anyone was pained by this realization, I'm sorry for having pained and upset you.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

It may have been modded because it could be construed as an attack. That's my guess.

edited December 1969

It may have been modded because it could be construed as an attack. That's my guess.

Ah, maybe so.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited March 2015

Just a thought, but maybe if someone asks you "You wrote it and animated it?", you might, instead of answering "yeah", say something like, "well, I animated it, but the sketch itself was done by some very talented comedians named Pete Holmes and Brian Middleditch, and the writers for the Pete Holmes show wrote it".

And then if most of the folks in the forum tend to believe that you wrote it and did a really "hilarious" comedy, you might make it clear that you just copied it.

Just a thought. Can't hurt to give that kind of credit, IMO.

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

..... and now we know.... ;-)

edited March 2015

Just a thought, but maybe if someone asks you "You wrote it and animated it?", you might, instead of answering "yeah", say something like, "well, I animated it, but the sketch itself was done by some very talented comedians named Pete Holmes and Brian Middleditch, and the writers for the Pete Holmes show wrote it".

And then if most of the folks in the forum tend to believe that you wrote it and did a really "hilarious" comedy, you might make it clear that you just copied it.

Just a thought. Can't hurt to give that kind of credit, IMO.

You asked me that after I updated the original thread with the newest animation. I assumed you were referring to that, not the one I mentioned later in the comments. Just an issue of timing of when you asked the question, I guess. It never crossed my mind that you were asking about the x-men animation -- I was caught up in the latest thing I was doing. Sorry if there was any confusion, but don't worry, there is ample credit given in and around the video, including links et al.

Post edited by BC Rice on