Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Argh, moving to Arkansas strikes again.

Today, I went to a pharmacy located in a big chain store here in Little Rock and got my booster shot for Covid, and I got the first shot for Shingles.  I asked them for a written receipt and they said there was no written receipt, I would get an email for my records.  When I got home and checked, they sent me confirmation of the Shingles vaccine but not the Covid booster.  In a good life and a reasonable world, it would not matter.  But I think we all know my last name is Murphy, and many of you are probably familar with 'Murphy's Law,' which is if anything can go wrong it will. Now I know I am going to need that booster confirmation to be eligible to do something in a few months.  Written confirmation would NOT be necessary if they had sent it to me, it is only because I don't have it that it will be needed.

Boo, people who would not give me a receipt when I asked for it, boo.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

Diomede said:

...  Written confirmation would NOT be necessary if they had sent it to me, it is only because I don't have it that it will be needed.

Boo, people who would not give me a receipt when I asked for it, boo.

I had a similar experience in the last few days.  My Houston area medical folks, UTPhysicians, sent me an email offering a Covid booster shot.  I replied that I got that booster a month ago from a grocery pharmacy (HEB, who do notify my health provider), they replied yes, it was in my records, their email must have gone out before the pharmacy info posted to my heath record.  A month?  Whatever, the record is correct. Sorry about your confusion.

Thanks, SteveK.  Hopefully, they did send the appropriate communications to my health providers.  I am not very confident, though.  Will follow up of course.

• I ordered an Ancestry DNA test for Xmas. wink 

Hope I am not revealing a rack of skeletons in my family closet. surprise

One of my brothers gave my parents the gift of DNA tests.  Now I don't want to get a DNA test just in case it could embararass Mom.  surprise

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 2021

I did the DNA thingy a while back. Was reconnected with some cousins on my mother's side I hadn't seen since a kid which was cool.  yes

Change of subject:  Don't piiss off women footballers by invading the pitch. Especially, Aussie ones! No reason for Kerr to have gotten a yellow card, though. Where was security?  frown Silene

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4542961/kerr-blam!-chelsea-star-flattens-champions-league-pitch-invader

Chelsea star Sam Kerr received a yellow card for flattening a pitch invader during the Blues' 0-0 Champions League draw with Juventus in London on Wednesday.

The man, who ran onto the pitch and was trying to take a picture with Chelsea captain Magdalena Eriksson, was greeted with the Australia international's shoulder and left sprawling on the ground -- much to the crowd's delight.

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

SileneUK said:

Change of subject:  Don't piiss off women footballers by invading the pitch. 

Funny stuff.  On a related note, here is one wild play in US college football ... the announcer sounds like he's having a coronary:

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

@diomede

did those tornadoes rip through your part of the world? surprise

I was spared, fortunately.  The line of storms did come through here, and the thunder/lightning/winds were rough, but there were no tornadoes in my county.  

This link has some footage of tornado damage in Arkansas from those storms, but to the northeast of where I live.  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Lots of damage, stay safe !!!!

Diomede, that's just heartbreaking. So much devasation. Hope you and yours are safe and well. Do you wish you had stayed in DC?

crying Silene

A living nightmare!  crying

edited December 2021

Here is something more light-hearted.

left at albequerque.jpg
    646 x 646 - 91K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • I posted some spit to Ireland today

damn it was hard going filling that little tube took a fair few minutes of spitting

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I posted some spit to Ireland today

damn it was hard going filling that little tube took a fair few minutes of spitting

Good luck with your 'roots' search!   I uploaded my raw data to a couple of sites besides just using Ancestry's tools. Free tools that give you some really ancient way-back machine results.

laugh  Silene 

USA ( or India 3rd XI ) pulled off an upset win against Ireland in the cricket!  laugh

in a 20Twenty game the other day!

USA 188/6

Ireland 162/6

that's just not cricket laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited January 2022

I am only getting a trickle from my nozzle crying

will have to try FLUIDOS instead enlightened

trickle.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 221K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Not worth showing off in Render Thread as just me fiddling blush

a freebie 3D scanned Lion

stages of cleaning up in Zbrush

Rendered in Carara Octane

FLUIDOS watermil interpolated with Flowframes

edited January 2022

WendyLuvsCatz Love the lion!  I often refine freebies or other objects I find in Zbrush as I find the mesh easier to work with.  They are on a streak these last two years releasing upgrades all for FREE!

I haven't learnt to use Fluidos yet, but the water wheel looks super realistic.

yes Silene

edited January 2022

finally got my electricity fixed, it was a power pole fault, not my house, can use appliances without brownouts!

No more protests from my UPS.

I rang the Power Network and asked them to check as had my suspicions, was quite dangerous apparently.

is all very Halo looking today

edited January 2022

I see Alberto has a lightning creator plugin for DAZ studio for sale at Renderosity yes

since it uses Dforce it probably cannot be saved as a scene subset but Casual's obj sequence exporter with the DCG obj sequence importer could work 

I have to think about it, might wishlist for now

My local library has DVDs for checkout.  I will be binge watching the old Wild Wild West TV show.  Could do the intro in Carrara with toon filters.

edited January 2022

Diomede said:

My local library has DVDs for checkout.  I will be binge watching the old Wild Wild West TV show.  Could do the intro in Carrara with toon filters.

stream Tubi TV for free, they have a lot of old western movies on there to watch.. 

westernsontubi.jpg
    1183 x 443 - 163K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

stream Tubi TV for free, they have a lot of old western movies on there to watch.. 

Great suggestion

edited January 2022

testing, iPad was crashing on DAZ forumdevil seems ok now

did hard restart

nevermind

still not seen this new site with the dark mode laugh

my wishlist heart still yellow on products and blue in my account toocheeky

oh and everyone on the East Coast of Australia, head for higher ground

http://Tsunami warning issued for Australia and New Zealand after undersea volcano erupts

Headwax should be safer inland maybe visit him wink, looks like it will miss Stezza

That was really weird news to see today... we coincidentally were watching a programme yesterday about the Hilo Hawaii tsunamis that have hit there since the end of WWII. Lots of glitches in the system established later led to people ignoring the warnings!  Hope all OZ friends are safe and sound. Poor Tonga and the  Pacific Islanders, though. We have a rugby playing friend from that area.

sadheart Silene

I feel so heartbroken for my brother and SIL because their kitty has gone missing.

He is less that a year old and was a very loving cat.

I cannot think of any good scenarios, the least bad being someone stole him for a pet, it just gets worse from there.

edited January 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I feel so heartbroken for my brother and SIL because their kitty has gone missing.

He is less that a year old and was a very loving cat.

I cannot think of any good scenarios, the least bad being someone stole him for a pet, it just gets worse from there.

Do they live in a busy area for road traffic?  Are they allowed to put posters up around the neighbourhood?  Hopefully the little guy is just stuck in a shed or something similar and will soon be let out and come home. Was he neutered?  I had to neuter my male I had years ago at 8 mos as he was getting very aggressive and spraying already and travelling the neighbourhood! Fingers crossed for your brother and SIL.

heartcrying  Silene