PSA: Best Buy RTX 3000s In-Store Only - Eastern Standard Time Daily Checks (20211001 - 20211231)

123457»

Comments

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,941

nonesuch00 said:

Thanks. It was you that told me about HotStock to begin with. Within a month of you telling me I got a notice about Best Buy but even though I was put in a queue with a RTX 3070 in my cart to buy something went wrong with the queue and of course I didn't get a second chance. I didn't realize it though because your changed your icon. I like it be the way, it's pretty funny.

Wow, I'm glad I had such a positive impact, sucks that you weren't able to snag one, hopefully you'll be able to snag a 4090!

I decided to finally change my avatar in order to best reflect who I am, and also your avatar can really have an impact on how others perceive what you say, as in if I had my Cimmarian avatar over from Rendo I would come off as cross, and my last one however, can come off as condescending, so I decided to change it!

I've been in the EVGA RTX 3000 series queue even longer, since September 2020 and haven't got a notice yet, although multiple others in the forum have gotten notices from EVGA and bought cards from them.  

Yeah, I finally got a notice from them too, but it was only after I had already bought the FE version, which I'm kind of glad that I did, due to the hiked AIB prices vs the FEs going for MSRP!

Anyway, I hope a few people got their RTX 3000 series via this thread but if they didn't my other motive was so we all could see what a big box store like Best Buy's web site looked like for hot commodities like these RTX 3000 series cards and I think now 3 months later we all can see if we can get to a place like that and camp out overnight for one of their In-Store events then you can get an nVidia manufactured & branded RTX 3000 series at MSRP. We now have a record of twice daily checks at about 9:00AM & about 9:00PM at Best Buy for 3 months as it would appear to "soccer moms" Christmas shopping and not tech fanatics or scalpers, so that's sort of useful record to have.

This is a very generous use of your time, and I'm sure at least a few people received one because of your efforts, yeah I'm hopeful that not too many scalpers see your posts as this is a pretty specific forum and not say like a general tech forum like LTT/Tom's hardware!

Anyway, this exercise has my strategy for RTX 4000s set: I'm not going to beat around the bush but be ready to camp out in late August or September 2022 to buy an RTX 4090. I would have never of believed in the past a video card would be advanced enough & in demand enough to get me to do that but well here I am. I'll have to pretend I'm on fire guard duty or some other military era drudgery to get myself to stay up all night. laugh

I think the best option is Best Buy for most Americans.

The 2nd best option seems to be in put yourself in a wait queue at EVGA.

Well, I guess the best option is to have enough cash to burn to pay scalpers prices on eBay, but the only card I'd consider for that is the 3090 if it were $2200 or less.

Here's to your camping efforts finally paying off; may you nights be short, and your morning fruitful!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2022

takezo_3001 said:

My last avatar was kind of grouchy looking and that is true about me, well sometimes, but I'm not grouchy all the time, so I switched back to my Bewitched render as an avatar, which is meant only to evoke people's memories about themselves having likely many of them watched that show and the show is a funny 30 minute comedy about obstacles and civility in resolving those obstacles. So a lot more fun.

I always felt cutting off reply quotes with elipsis seems rude somehow too but it's done all the time.

I didn't actally spend that much time, about 15 minutes in the morning, 15 in the evening, so 30 a day, for 92 days. 46 hours total time. Hmmm, that does add up don't it?

At any rate, tomorrow at about nine, it's a wrap. And I can ignore Best Buy again until next Aug or Sep. laugh

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited January 2022

+++++ 2021 Dec 31 - NO In-Store Only Sale 2022 Jan 01

9 PM EST Evening Update:

Online Only (details at BestBuy.com)

(regular $619.99) PNY NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Single Fan Graphics Card VCG306012SFXPPB - Best Buy

Online or In-Store

(regular $000.00) 

Open Box

(regular $000.00 open box $000.00) 

9 AM EST Morning Update:

Online Only (details at BestBuy.com)

(regular $619.99) PNY NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Single Fan Graphics Card VCG306012SFXPPB - Best Buy

Online or In-Store

(regular $000.00) 

Open Box

(regular $000.00 open box $000.00)

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

2022 Jan 01, and it's a wrap!

I got emails from nVidia & EVGA today and I'm not going to monitor Best Buy online again but since nVidia & EVGA (along with other nVidia partners) have announced new models RTX 3000 series, one being the desktop RTX 3050 GPU for $249 MSRP (nVidia OEM version) I thought I'd include a link to nVidia's announcement here:

GeForce RTX 3050 Launch at CES 2022 | GeForce News | NVIDIA

At $249 this card is enough for sure to satiate my GPU needs until the RTX 4000 series are released. I have my doubts, of course, as experience does count for something that can't be bought, that they'll be any more commonly available than the already existing RTX 3000 series nVidia OEM video cards at MSRP so I'll check once or twice and be done with it.