any benefit to using cararra's native rigging?

2»

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

@jonstark

If you are really intent on remaking Vicky in the image of Genney, don't mind some hard work and want to avoid having to convert from Poser, there is a method )

You can load in the V4 .obj file into DS and re-rig using Tri-Ax. The weighing includes options for bulging and, if you are really clever, you can even include ERC. Save your new creation as a new .duf character. Of course, you cannot distribute this.

You can then do morphs to your heart's content, either through the Hexagon bridge, or exporting your new .obj and doing the morphs in Carrara. Back in DS, use Morph Loader Pro to create the morphs - if you have made major changes to the figure, you can even automatically get the bones to match the new shape.

The whole process is pretty straightforward, but it is pretty fiddly selecting and defining body part groups and getting the rotations and fall-off zones between bones right.

Be warned, though - it is not only the rigging which makes G2 bend better, but also the mesh construction, which is somewhat different to V4.

If you are looking for a challenge and sense of achievement, go for it:)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

True. Genesis uses a whole new SubD Cage technology that differs greatly from anything that DAZ 3D has released before. Its bends are vastly improved through the use of JCM and ERC. DAZ 3D has just published some new tutorials on the subjects of completing these tasks within DAZ Studio - which is developed for just such things. You may even be able to use some of the JCM tools on V4 within DS and save the results - not sure. I haven't seen any of the new videos yet, but I've heard that they're excellent.

I haven't had much time lately (again). I saw that you've had questions about rigging (?) V4, but haven't sen what you're trying to achieve. I'll check that out tomorrow. But if you're looking to get a V4 figure with Triax rigging and the newly improved rotations and such, getting the V4 for Genesis would probably be the way to go. I don't recall if there's one for G2F, but I prefer that figure to the original Genesis immensely - at least for my Female Hero - who I CAN create with G2F, but couldn't quite get there with G1.