Checkout bug

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just placed an order, after clicking the "Place Order" button I discovered that I'd forgotten to fill in the Card Verification Number so I didn't expect the order to go through. It did however, to my surprise.

I've checked my bank account, the amount has been charged so the order did complete.

I had the "Use Store Credit" box checked also as I had about 1 $ credit in my account, it might be related to that.

Comments

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the heads up, I will take a look at this and see if anything went wrong.

Some banks/credit cards don't require a CVV in order to purchase, so it may have gone through that way but I will double check the settings to make sure nothing weird is going on.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787
    edited March 2015

Well I tried later with another card I have on file here, it went through also without entering the CVN. I know from other sites that if I forget it or get it wrong the order won't go through. But I don't know how the system works here, it may be different with cards on file, but since the CVN field is there I would expect it to be obligatory.

Both are Mastercards btw.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Perhaps you have your bank profile saved inside DAZ?

I don't for security measures, but it sounds like it could be due to the shop remembering your credit card.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't for security measures, but it sounds like it could be due to the shop remembering your credit card.

DAZ 3D does not store credit card details on it's servers.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Card profiles in the store don't include the security number, it's separate and I have to enter it manually every time. In fact, I wouldn't be all that happy with the store system if it were included — this is something that shouldn't be entirely automated.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

DAZ 3D does not store credit card details on it's servers.

Then how do they automatically charge my account every month for PC?

edited March 2015

This was explained quite some time ago, by one of the DAZ 3D Managers. It is all to do with payment gateways and other such stuff. But whatever, no CC details are stored on DAZ 3D servers, but on another secure server elsewhere. I don't remember the exact way it was explained but I would think that repeat payments such as subs are set up in much the same way as the SO i have set up to pay my rent every month without the landlord needing to know my bank details.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    This was explained quite some time ago, by one of the DAZ 3D Managers. It is all to do with payment gateways and other such stuff. But whatever, no CC details are stored on DAZ 3D servers, but on another secure server elsewhere. I don't remember the exact way it was explained but I would think that repeat payments such as subs are set up in much the same way as the SO i have set up to pay my rent every month without the landlord needing to know my bank details.

Ok. I don't remember seeing that. Good to know.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Just for kicks I just tried making a purchase without putting in the security code as well, and my credit card purchase went through also -6:37pm PST.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Card profiles in the store don't include the security number, it's separate and I have to enter it manually every time. In fact, I wouldn't be all that happy with the store system if it were included — this is something that shouldn't be entirely automated.

Storing the security number would not only be a bad idea, it would be a flat-out violation of Visa and Mastercard's merchant agreements.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I just did a little test with my newest purchase. Apparently the card verification number isn't actually used at all. I deliberately put in an incorrect code, and the purchase went through anyway.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,333
    edited December 1969

Maybe the verification number is only needed the first time you use the credit card. After that, you become "trusted" and the number is not required to be passed to the CC company again. I guess the rational being that if someone stole your number, they would be unlikely to use it to buy items under your own account.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

I tried to use paypal and cannot complete the purchase, due to a redirect error between paypal and DAZ productions. This is rather frustrating.

edited December 1969

I just tried a paypal purchase, to check and it went through fine

• murmelmurmel Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem like scatha.
    Login at paypal and then I get an error message and I am redirected to Daz3d.
    I bought something from another shop and it works fine.

Best regards
    murmel

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

It's very odd...I just used PayPal with no incident either.

edited December 1969

I took a screenshot. So you can see the error message from Paypal.
    It is in German and the context approximately is:
    "At this time we can´t process your order. Please go back to Daz3D and choose another option."

regards murmel

daz_paypal.jpg
    1232 x 511 - 87K
    edited March 2015

I have the exact same error as Murmel, but in english. (Good thing I am fluent in both...)

In my cart are three fastgrab items and the order is still not going through.

Post edited by scatha on
    edited December 1969

@scatha
    Do you have Platinum Club Plus Membership in your cart too?
    Maybe this is the reason , while others don´t have this problem.

regards murmel

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,490
    edited March 2015

Taozen said:
    Just placed an order, after clicking the "Place Order" button I discovered that I'd forgotten to fill in the Card Verification Number so I didn't expect the order to go through. It did however, to my surprise.

I've checked my bank account, the amount has been charged so the order did complete.....

I agree and thought I had to enter the CVN manually each time. BUT after reading this thread I tried an order without entering the CVN and to my surprise the order went through with no problems

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

murmel said:
    @scatha
    Do you have Platinum Club Plus Membership in your cart too?
    Maybe this is the reason , while others don´t have this problem.

regards murmel

No PC membership in the cart, murmel.

edited December 1969

Since apparently DAZ doesn't want to sell me the items, I have removed them from my cart. Not going to sit around waiting for someone to finally get their heads out of their ****.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

DAZ has done some tests and cannot see why it is not working for some. Some have found that PayPal has been working slowly. The thing is, anytime something works for some and not others, it's difficult to identify where the problem lies.

edited December 1969

posted in a similar thread in MO and copied over here

vwrangler said:
    I think there's something going on with Paypal itself, maybe to do with the last Firefox upgrade or maybe just a weird day. I had a problem with a purchase from another site where Paypal refused to process the payment at first because it said the payment had already gone through. I had to wait a few minutes, then go through the other site back to Paypal, and it processed normally.
    edited March 2015

vwrangler said:
    I think there's something going on with Paypal itself, maybe to do with the last Firefox upgrade or maybe just a weird day. I had a problem with a purchase from another site where Paypal refused to process the payment at first because it said the payment had already gone through. I had to wait a few minutes, then go through the other site back to Paypal, and it processed normally.

Cho, don't you think I have tried that? I haven't been able to get the order through despite several attempts during a period of over 24 hours.

DAZ has done some tests and cannot see why it is not working for some. Some have found that PayPal has been working slowly. The thing is, anytime something works for some and not others, it's difficult to identify where the problem lies.

Cris, no offense, but it has been one thing after the other lately with the webstore, frequent problems we never had in the past and which have only started since the store and forums were changed.

From that date onwards we have had many issues. To name a few:
    * Forum thread subscriptions not working
    * Store discounts not being applied correctly
    * Paypal not working due to redirect errors

I do not know what happened with you guys, but DAZ used to be a place to go to. I've been a member here for approx a decade, part of which as a PC member. With all the super-strict new guidelines and things not working as they should, it's gradually turning into a place to stay away from. I won't even start on half the staff walking out to start their own store...

Can we please get a decent working store without the bugs and whatnot's that have been plaguing it? It's aggravating, highly annoying and I truly believe the road DAZ has taken is costing you sales and vendors. (As I see vendors taking their business elsewhere and withdrawing their products from the store here)

Post edited by scatha on
    edited March 2015

AS this PayPal problem is happening to some on other sites as well it would appear that the fault does not lay with DAZ 3D.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Funny, since I ONLY have the problem here and nowhere else...

edited December 1969

According to PayPal it was a fairly general problem, but should be fixed now

https://www.paypal-notify.com/eventnotification/search?eventSearchType=PayPalSiteStatus the third one down.

edited December 1969

Nope, still have the same failed redirect as before.

edited December 1969

Have you done all the normal things like clear cache, clear cookies etc