There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdwF3pKP1Q&feature=youtu.be

Raw footage of the top clouds of the tornado going past!

I RULE, SHARKNADOS DROOL! :vampire: :vampire:

awesome :) And great colours and flashes in those thunderheads :)

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Now reaction.. shaking here, I was so stupid.. oh well, lived to post about it.

Let's not do that again, shall we?

*slams beer and vodka*

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited March 2015

TroutFace said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdwF3pKP1Q&feature=youtu.be

Raw footage of the top clouds of the tornado going past!

I RULE, SHARKNADOS DROOL! :vampire: :vampire:

...yeah, bad weather, head to the pub, .That's what we used to do back up in Steven's Point when I was in college.

Remember one time a huge bolt of lightning knocked out the city's major substation during a strong thunderstorm and everything went dark for hours. Pubs stayed open, they just got out the candles and Coleman lanterns, lit em up, and it was business as usual. Kind of neat in a way.

Also reminds me of the time I was at Wildwood in NJ. It was fall, the end of the tourist season there and a big Nor'easter was blowing in the last day of the convention I was attending. The hotel sandbagged the front entrance and the next morning the wind was howling while waves were lapping over the street that ran along the beach (about 200 yards from the normal surf line). All the main roads leading out were under water so there was no way out. So we were trapped for another day (which the hotel nicely didn't charge us for). They also opened the lounge where they gave us free food and BEER! as well to ride out the storm. First (and probably last) ever Nor'easter party I'll ever attend.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited March 2015

...well braved a trip outside to get something, even a pack of Hall's at the nearby convenience store to try and mitigate this annoying cough. Took all my concerted effort to remain aware of my surroundings as it was the beginning of the PM commute here when traffic gets nasty. On the way home while at an intersection, looked back over my shoulder to make sure no car was turning and then proceeded. Suddenly. this monster double cab assault pickup that looked like it was going to go right on by made a right turn directly in front of me with no turn signal.

Yelled at the mouthbreather behind the wheel about using his signals to let people know where he was going and he just gave me that dumbfounded "duh wha?" look. Responded with an icy cold glare that would make Emperor Palpatine soil his robes and then went on my way.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2015

i had to buy a mm item to get the olympia hd for 2.99. and the toy pony 90 percents off.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

sharknado?!

crossing Tulsa off my bucket list of places to visit

;)

edited March 2015

someone please take these ferrero roche balls away from me :lol:

gianni b. good, go go goo gianni go

gonna be a helluva renderathon this weekend. but i think those hd take a lot longer to render

edited December 1969

...I'll send Leela's pet Catoblepas over, he loves 'em...

(old old pic).

bad_catoblepas.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 484K
    edited December 1969

they in the study? :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,183
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    It passed us. I filmed the top of the tornado passing.

Yes I am a ***-****** fool, but if I'm gonna die I'm gonna record it!

YouTube raw footage (sideways) shortly.

Glad you're safe! I saw a blurb for the upcoming news and it said it did a job on a mobile home park.

Dana

edited December 1969

they in the study? :)

...yup. Still use that for Lady Meg's (Leelas' adoptive mother) study at the Grande Manor.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5diJsEdLS_8

Rheeeee, preview of Nightwish's newest album up, first song omg

Loooving that opening, the music and new singer is eeeee

*so happies right now, so exciteds*

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Glad you're safe! I saw a blurb for the upcoming news and it said it did a job on a mobile home park.

Dana

+2

Bad weather and stuff near friends and other like-to-talk-to's always makes me so worried ;v;

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

+2

Bad weather and stuff near friends and other like-to-talk-to's always makes me so worried ;v;
    ...+3 indeed.

Hope this job winds up soon and you can get the "heck out of Dodge" to a more "stable" locale. We don't get many tornadoes or for that fact even thunderstorms here in the Northwest, it just rains a lot and occasionally is a bit windy. .

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

More anecdotal evidence of the tornado attractive forces inherent in mobile home parks.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited March 2015

A few years ago even this part of the country (western NY State, 60 miles south of Buffalo, 60 miles East of Erie, PA) had a tornado that hit about a mile east of where I am. Tore up the country side, downed a 4 or 5 mile stretch of trees over into the next town and took out all the big ancient maples in their cemetery and clobbered a lot of porches and roofs with huge limbs and tree tops. The damage is still evident through the wooded areas and the cemetery looks naked.

Back in 2004 Hurricane Charley hit south western Florida near Ft. Myers and went northeast toward Orlando and out by Daytona. Charley was a hurricane but it was a very small, tight, fast hurricane much like a big tornado. Ate a few trailer parks and killed several people, left about a mile wide swath for a couple hundred miles through the Florida outback, tossed around some airplanes in one of the Orlando airports and I'm sure made a mess of the swamps all along the path. Back then I used to drive back and forth across Florida several times a year. Right after Charley , I spotted an Airstream aluminum trailer with about a 3 foot diameter. 4 foot deep "U" shaped dent right across its middle out in the middle of a cow pasture. Two years ago I drove through the southern part of that path and I could still spot some of the damage to vegetation and abandoned buildings in that area.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,183
    edited December 1969

Yup, the forces of nature are not to be taken lightly. Sandy did a job on the North-Eastern seaboard. I think New Jersey is still recovering. Flooded some of the NYC subways. It did damage in Rhode Island and Massachusetts as well. I watched video on the news of someone's beach front house just fall down over an eroded cliff. Horrifying!

A couple of years ago there were three strong tornadoes in Eastern Massachusetts that wiped out a whole town. Massachusetts gets an average of two tornadoes a year, most of the time in unpopulated areas, and usually not very strong. One of those was an F5 and was a mile wide! :bug: We went over our quota inside of a day or two that year.

Dana

edited March 2015

...Sandy created "rough seas" and huge waves as far away as Lake Michigan. The outer bands of the storm could be seen in the skies above the Milwaukee WI shoreline some 800 miles away.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

TroutFace, please don't ever be such a stupid idiot again. Do you want to end up like Dorothy, wearing ruby slippers? I'll buy you some, just don't go out in the face of a tornado ever, ever again.

Pizza for dinner and your tornado have given me heartburn.

edited December 1969

...and dropping buildings on wicked witches is so...like, yesterday. :cheese:

edited December 1969

no lotto numbers.

can barely put my sneakers on >.< creak groan

thick fog and rainy, extraly no wanna go out theres this morning.

edited March 2015

twizzlers :lol:

store didn't have cadbury. or gummy dinos

april showers bring may flowers

neil diamond jammin 'love on the rocks ...'
    'my country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee i sing ... '

woes, not in the mood to be cooped up in a room all day.
    'born free, as free as the wind blows'

made twizzlers all gone doh

need a new source of daily happiness

edited March 2015

cuteness drops :)

4.jpg
    403 x 403 - 34K
    3.jpg
    403 x 403 - 59K
    2.jpg
    403 x 403 - 52K
    1.jpg
    403 x 403 - 26K
    0.jpg
    403 x 403 - 31K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

Here is a quick Star test.

Startest000.png
    1000 x 1000 - 226K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    AtticAnne said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    what do they call pancakes by you?

hotcakes? flapjacks?

"Food to be eaten" :)

real maple syrup :-P

...yes. None of the pseudo artificially flavoured High Fructose rubbish.

That's why I don't go to places like IHop or Dennys for hotcakes or waffles because they don't have the "real thing".

The interesting thing is Real maple syrup has a longer shelf life as well. .

I go to IHOP and Dennys to flip the creamers across the room.

Is that some kind of tradition there? They let you get away with that?

We went to IHOP a few weeks ago, first time I've ever been. I had a spinach and mushroom omelet. First time I've even had an omelet, too. I thought it was really good. We returned a few weeks later to have another. It's not something we do often, but we plan on going again now and then.

Dana

It's a tradition with my family and my kids' friends. It's a rite of passage. You know you're a BIG boy or girl when I take you to IHOP and teach you to flip. Management tends to frown upon it. :-Ps

We haven't been to IHOP since Free Pancake Day last year. My favorite is the migas. My daughter gets put out when she tries to order the chocolate pancakes with the smiley face. They keep insisting it's only for kids. It's been longer since we've been to Denny's. They closed down the one closest to us.

edited December 1969

Here is the forest version of the render.

This is really spooky, but I like it. Good job, Kulay Wolf.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    TroutFace, please don't ever be such a stupid idiot again. Do you want to end up like Dorothy, wearing ruby slippers? I'll buy you some, just don't go out in the face of a tornado ever, ever again.

Pizza for dinner and your tornado have given me heartburn.

They better be short heels, I totter and fall over in anything higher than 2 inches! :bug:

Fine today, sunny skies and windy. Walking to the bus, lots of signs blown down, one traffic sign ripped out of the ground.. a mess. Some water got into my place so had to wait for Maintenance to come suck it all up. :gulp: Power still out in a few places, lots of lines down, tons of bus reroutes.

AND MY CO-WORKERS TELL ME THAT WAS A SMALL ONE! :ahhh:

In theory the river prevents any big ones from getting into town, but apparently that's no always true. What a mess!

I should live underground...

edited March 2015

Nowhere's truly safe to live :lol:

Live underground, earthquakes.
    Live on the coast, hurricanes tsunamis and more.
    There's volcanoes, bad wheather, floods, earthquakes no matter where you go.
    Live in space, you got comets and the possibility of the station failing.

Ohmai.

On another note, meet Ithilgore from Might & Magic VIII. One of the entries in the series where you can get dragons to join your party (As well as other species - can have a wild party when you have a human Paladin and a vampire or necromancer in the same group heh.

"A youth among dragons, Ithilgore felt oppressed by the regimented society of the Garrote Gorge Dragons. When you came by, he jumped at the opportunity to explore the larger world freely."

Ithilgore's the weakest of the five dragons in the game, but he joins you for free while the others you gotta go through some trouble to get them onto your team. Dragons as a character class are also quite... Unbalanced, so they're probably best used on a second or third playthrough after you beat the game normally. ^^

Ithilgore-mmviii.jpg
    170 x 344 - 15K
    MM84-Ithilgore.png
    640 x 480 - 106K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Here is a quick Star test.

Nice! I really like Star! :cheese:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Yeah, apparently it hit the river, became a waterspout, then jumped up on to land to stomp the trailer park. :ahhh: Seriously nasty and weird.. someone in that trailer park must have hissed off the Gods something awful.. :bug:

This discussion has been closed.