There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
edited March 2015 in The Commons

The non event was here

Well, shoot. Today is my birthday but I have to go to work. Monday, I had a little surgery on my eye and I had to take Tuesday off as well because of my eye being swollen close. It was nothing major other than to remove a very persistent stye that popped up in Mid-December and refused to go away even after two different courses of antibiotics. But that bugger has given me the worst headaches these last few months. It was putting pressure on my corona and causing my vision to be distorted. Completely shut down my ability to do art, cause I couldn't read the properties in Daz. Couldn't read period, because the letters all had a ghost version drifting above. Been only able to play very simple 2d side-scrollers, like Terraria (by simple, I mean, no screen shaking or I'd get vertigo).

My eye is still a bit swollen from the surgery, but I'm now able to read more than I've been able too since December. I'm hoping to be able to get back into Daz soon. I have so missed doing art.

Hope everyone is ok, I'll try to catch up over the weekend n stuff.

Rheee, surgery is never fun D:
Very sorry to hear that ;v;

Happy happy hatchday though! And is good to see from you again!

*Edit* And seems Kulay gets the new thread? (Who got the last one? I was asleep when the thread rolled around :P)

1425090601.sharpdressedreptile_eyesonyousmall_.png.jpg
1280 x 935 - 93K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I would like a big piece of your Toothless birthday cake. Cute and yummy!

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    TroutFace, why are you getting a four-day weekend? Is it to assimilate your body with the time change?

I don't see a message from you here. Did you forget what you were going to say?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    AtticAnne said:
    TroutFace, why are you getting a four-day weekend? Is it to assimilate your body with the time change?

I don't see a message from you here. Did you forget what you were going to say?

i said i do not get a four day weekend but my phone ate my reply.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Rezcaaaaaaaaaaa FOR THE WIN! :cheese: :cheese:

@Annie - Four day weekend to try to dump some stress - work has been stupid stressful and I need to get away before you read about me in the news. :ahhh: Weather should be in the 50s and 60s, I have some extra money to go party with, and maybe a new uhh "gentleman's club" to go explore! :vampire:

Anyway, I'm off to hit the bank, feed, booze shop, then come home and render before I head back out (maybe). I might just order Chinese and chill at home today and save my dashing-about and exploring for tomorrow. :coolsmile:

See y'all later! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Post with no answer in them don't count for top of thread. :roll:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Post with no answer in them don't count for top of thread. :roll:

i tried to give a post but my phone ate it. i did not realize i posted an empty post till it got deleted.

edited December 1969

Congrats on the thread, Rezca. I like the title. That's exactly how I feel about ice and snow. Looks like we had a good number of watchers for the split. :-)

My phone eats everything. Unfortunately, the 3-yr old knows more about it than I do. Day before yesterday he got into my call log and returned 3 calls before I knew what he was doing. The dr's office complimented me on his vocabulary.

TroutFace, I would wait until tomorrow for exploring. The temps will be better. Although we have sunshine and a clear blue sky, it's cold out there.

edited December 1969

Chohole is quick on the draw. But I did take the time to check with the team before I disappeared it. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

i hate this phone and wish i had a working tablet.

edited December 1969

I have one of those old fashioned phones that plug into the wall. I gave up mobile phones when I gave up working for a living. I had far too many years of being tied to that blasted phone and was very happy to hand it back when I retired. However I parted with the company car keys less happily.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

Happy Birthday, Fyredrygyon!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Happy Birthday!!!

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

edited March 2015

practicing learning my smart phone. before actually using it as a phone :lol:

couldn't figure out how to save a picture, turns out it saves automatically. :lol:

was gonna save my flutterby cookie for the weekend.

20150306_115053.jpg
    1925 x 1380 - 283K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm going to go eat something and watch something...then it's outside to do more shoveling! Again! :blank: It's supposed to get up to 50F in a couple of days. I wonder if the snow will melt fast, or just get a little glazed and then turn to ice.

Dana

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Shopping done! Have 2 kinds of vodka, white rum, diet soda, 2 cans of roadhouse chili, corned beef hash, and half-and-half for my coffee. :cheese:

Sooo nice out, going to go out.. but where? :blank: Local biker bar, sit on patio? Strip club, for a lap dance? Go on an adventure downtown?

I think biker bar patio!!! Kick back, put tunes on the jukebox, and finally engage in some chilling! :coolsmile:

Back laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have one of those old fashioned phones that plug into the wall. I gave up mobile phones when I gave up working for a living. I had far too many years of being tied to that blasted phone and was very happy to hand it back when I retired. However I parted with the company car keys less happily.

I have a copper wire line and an ancient phone with bells. Works even when the power grid is down and takes the cell towers with it (which can be a weekly occurrence up here along the Bluffs in winter).

edited December 1969

so sleepy but going to see daddy soon i think.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

...I have one of the old flip phones on a 25$ prepaid minutes card which lasts me about 3 months (shows how much I use it) as I'm still a year from retirement and need it to get callbacks on projects.

Also serves nicely as a handy pocket watch and alarm clock (as long as I remember to charge it up).

Don't need a SmartPhone as I can't text and don't want to shell out 100$ per month on top of my already seemingly ever increasing ISP bills.

edited December 1969

couldn't figure out how to save a picture, turns out it saves automatically. :lol:

...do you get those cookies at Starbucks?
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Indeed - a landline will work even in a power outage - which is why we keep a phone plugged is - like you...
    I do not own a cell phone, and have absolutely no need or desire to own one, or God forbid - a soi disant "smart" phone..

and in line with the thread title - I've seen worse when I was working..

winter_2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 141K
    edited March 2015

TroutFace said:
    Shopping done! Have 2 kinds of vodka, white rum, diet soda, 2 cans of roadhouse chili, corned beef hash, and half-and-half for my coffee. :cheese:

Sooo nice out, going to go out.. but where? :blank: Local biker bar, sit on patio? Strip club, for a lap dance? Go on an adventure downtown?

I think biker bar patio!!! Kick back, put tunes on the jukebox, and finally engage in some chilling! :coolsmile:

Back laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

...sounds like a plan. 61° in the 'hood right now on the way to 65°. Going to be pushing 70° this weekend, maybe I'll take some of the money I've been saving during MM and go sit outside at the German pub to sip a few .5 L glasses of fine Pilsner or Wisse .

Flowering trees have been in full bloom for almost two weeks now, leaves also beginning to come out as well. March here definitely came in like a "lamb" so not looking forward to the end of the month as it will probably be the opposite.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...do you get those cookies at Starbucks?

yep :) starbucks. i ate all mine dohhhhh, none for the weekend.

edited December 1969

hacsart said:
    chohole said:

Indeed - a landline will work even in a power outage - which is why we keep a phone plugged is - like you...
    I do not own a cell phone, and have absolutely no need or desire to own one, or God forbid - a soi disant "smart" phone..

wowww :bug: is that Boston? :)

edited December 1969

hacsart said:
    chohole said:

...Yikes! :ohh: Where is that?

edited March 2015

i ordered a couple of kitchen chairs. now i can invite someone to tea and me and my guest can sit comfy. :)

these look comfy?

mychairs.png
    896 x 545 - 371K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited March 2015

...congratulations on winning the thread Rezca

Happy however many trips around the central stellar primary you made, Frye. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Missed seeing the illos from your story.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

i ordered a couple of kitchen chairs. now i can invite someone to tea and me and my guest can sit comfy. :)

...well, by train it will take me about 5 days, but that will definitely give you enough warning.
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. A pair of brightly decorated hot air balloons sailing over our house perilously close to rooftops, one ironically advertising crash repairs and both loudly venting large lflames into giant airbags :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I have one of the old flip phones on a 25$ prepaid minutes card which lasts me about 3 months (shows how much I use it) as I'm still a year from retirement and need it to get callbacks on projects.

Also serves nicely as a handy pocket watch and alarm clock (as long as I remember to charge it up).

Don't need a SmartPhone as I can't text and don't want to shell out 100$ per month on top of my already seemingly ever increasing ISP bills.

I have 100 minutes on my prepaid flip phone. They won't expire for another 8 months or so. I have a smartphone that is not activated. If I do activate it, I will chose a plan that costs $20 per month for 300 MB of Data and 180 minutes.

edited December 1969

I do not think there is such thing as a free bluray player

This discussion has been closed.