There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

what's for lunch?

starving.

can't do excel on an empty stomach. gonna try and customize the ribbon today. :lol:

think there'll be an april 1st gag this year? last year, waz the emperor's invisible clothes?

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

20 minutes and it's bank run/Burger King time!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited December 1969

what's for lunch?

starving.

can't do excel on an empty stomach. gonna try and customize the ribbon today. :lol:

think there'll be an april 1st gag this year? last year, waz the emperor's invisible clothes?

How about a mirror with no glass!

Or a new light set with only infrared lights.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

Sorry, you're breaking up... did you say "you get the runs at Burger King every time" ?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Went past the QM2 this afternoon, is a huge ship

...that is what I'd like to take for my European trip, however for a single supplement cabin round trip it's about 6,000$ - 7,000$ (depending on dates of travel). For two people it's more like 3,000 - 3,500$ each, but I have no S.O..

Hate it how single travellers are often discriminated against.

Would be so much nicer to arrive in London relaxed and refreshed instead of bleary eyed, stiff & achy, and having one's body clock all thrown off.

edited December 1969

Oh, damn! I didn't intend to evoke that reply. :-( I merely meant that we're not automatically successful.

I wanted to be a good surfer. But discovered standing up wasn't in my genes.

I wanted to be a classical pianist but after 60 years of trying I'm just a frustrated amateur.

I wanted to be a Bill Gates (before anybody even heard of Bill Gates) but have retired as a blowhard burned out programmer.

In my vacuous retirement I'm studying Russian now. I want to be good at it but probably won't be, but my life is richer for having tried all these things.

I'll quit talking now while I'm behind.

...for me,

#1: Insert "Skier" for "Surfer",

#2: I was on my way there (as well as being a composer) until "Uncle Arthur" decided otherwise.

#3: Didn't have quite that degree of aspiration, but still ended up the same way.

Current course of study: learning the ins and outs of a physically based rendering system.

edited December 1969

what's for lunch?

starving.

...in my book that ribbon format is one of MS's bad ideas. Required a lot more mouse moving and clicking to do what I could do with the old menu bar. Sometimes so called "updates" tend to be two steps backwards for every step forwards.

April 1st: release of Daz Studio 5 with an "open" cloth dynamic system, polygon modelling, and fully functional "Make Art" button.

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

Sorry, you're breaking up... did you say "you get the runs at Burger King every time" ?
    ...with all the mayo they slop on their burgers (even when you ask them not to)...worse than that.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

I love the mayo they put on them. A lot of times I ask for extra mayo.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

...with all the mayo they slop on their burgers (even when you ask them not to)...worse than that.

I have never understood why they think everything has to have mayo on it. I detest mayo on anything. Got really upset once when a shop wanted to put mayo in my BLT. The name says it all Bacon Lettuce and Tomato. Nothing about mayo.

edited March 2015

Frank0314 said:
    I love the mayo they put on them. A lot of times I ask for extra mayo.

...well,... *urp*...you can have all mine too then.

I'll stick to going to my favourite pub for, as there, I can get a burger with exactly what I want on it, and it actually is thick and piled high with goodies. What the FF joints show you in the commercials and on their menu boards is never what it actually looks like when you take it out of the bag.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

You can get what you want from Burger King as well. Just tell them not to put it on. If they still do break their arms.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

:lol: :lol: :smirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

I have never understood why they think everything has to have mayo on it. I detest mayo on anything. Got really upset once when a shop wanted to put mayo in my BLT. The name says it all Bacon Lettuce and Tomato. Nothing about mayo.
    ...I feel the same about store bought pizza. Seems anything else than plain cheese, veggie, or "Hawai'ian" , has to have pepperoni on it. The only place I've been able to find just a sausage and cheese pizza is at our local Safeway Deli dept.

There was also a brand which the natural food store down the street handled for a while called "Home Run Pizza" which had one with Sausage and Carmelised Onions. A bit spendy at nearly 10$ but they were sooooo gooooooood.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You can get what you want from Burger King as well. Just tell them not to put it on. If they still do break their arms.

...nah then the cops show up, there's a stand off, I get tazed, and then carted off to jail. Not worth it.

Better just to avoid them (and other FF joints) altogether and go get a "real" burger.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

planning a Smallville marathon weekend, last 2 seasons.

plenty of chips, dips, with mayo, hold the mayo, salsa, queso :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,075
    edited December 1969

what's for lunch?

starving.

Bovine flesh...it's what's for dinner.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

Actually toast isn't mentioned either, so I'm afraid the name doesn't say it all. :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

...nah then the cops show up, there's a stand off, I get tazed, and then carted off to jail. Not worth it.

Better just to avoid them (and other FF joints) altogether and go get a "real" burger.
    Don't taze me, bro! :lol:

edited December 1969

planning a Smallville marathon weekend, last 2 seasons.

plenty of chips, dips, with mayo, hold the mayo, salsa, queso :lol:

I'm currently halfway through Season One, Disc Two, and yes, I own all 10 seasons. This'll be the third time though all 10 seasons in order. :red:
    What can I say, I loved the series.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

i went up to charley's and asked for a free California sandwich but she thought i said three and asked for clarification. i said i wanted it for free whatever is free. i only got one small sandwich and some fries.

edited December 1969

...been doing too many Iray marathons over the last couple weeks. Learning a lot but need a break.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

There's a place within walking distance of my house that has real burgers like that. Some good ones but most have onions or other things I don't like - usually I just get their Fish and Chips :)

I should try their 'Shake Rattle n Roll' burger some time, seems a LOT like the Bacon Western I love so much from Carls Jr.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

Actually toast isn't mentioned either, so I'm afraid the name doesn't say it all. :)

Well if you want to be pedantic. :roll: Things used to be fine here in the UK, until suddenly the fast food places caught the mayo with everything bug, and then the sandwich bars did the same. Towards the end of my working life it was almost impossible to buy anything ready made in the Victoria / Westminster area that didn't have mayo. And when one leaves for work at 5:00am making ones own lunch before leaving home is not really easy. I used to get up at 4:15am as it was.

edited December 1969

i hate mayo and avoid it at all possible.

edited December 1969

Victoria makes me think of a particular 3d figure. is there any way to convert Victoria 6 clothing to Victoria 4?

edited March 2015

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

Well if you want to be pedantic. :roll: Things used to be fine here in the UK, until suddenly the fast food places caught the mayo with everything bug, and then the sandwich bars did the same. Towards the end of my working life it was almost impossible to buy anything ready made in the Victoria / Westminster area that didn't have mayo. And when one leaves for work at 5:00am making ones own lunch before leaving home is not really easy. I used to get up at 4:15am as it was.
    ...I know that feeling, I'd figure to pop in at a market on the way to where I worked while waiting for the next bus but every premade sandwich had mayo on it. Ended up having to get up earlier than I wanted to make my own lunch which just made the workday that much longer.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...I cannot have it unless I want to be ill for most of the day afterwards.
    edited December 1969

I am trying to decide on a doctor who marathon or a Walking dead marathon this weekend.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...I cannot have it unless I want to be ill for most of the day afterwards.
    Curious about what is in Mayo that you have a problem digesting? (not that there's anything wrong with that)
This discussion has been closed.