BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Spring Edition◄◄◄ Theme is Ψ¦¦¦¦¦¦Ψ SCIENCE FICTION Ψ¦¦¦¦¦¦

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - I like the idea, somewhat like an ark in form of a cup of tea riding through space.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Fishtales said:
    Jamahoney said:
    I like this one, Mermaid....for some unknown reason it reminded me immediately of Alice in Wonderland.

Jay

Yes, something to do with a big tea cup?

Ah yes, the swirl makes a kind of handle, but perhaps, I'm thinking, of a small top hat, too ;)

This isn't the image I was thinking of but close enough :)

http://wondersofdisney2.yolasite.com/resources/alice/alicegroup/aliceteacup.png

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @CTippetts - very nice render. Hard to believe that it took that long to render. It should render faster even on a steam-powered CPU.

@Horo - Or just an over-zealous, foolish use of render options. Take a peek:

LooongRender.jpg
    698 x 392 - 164K
    edited December 1969

@CTippetts - ah, True Ambience in Bryce 5 and 6 works very differently than for 7. It works on Ambience only. Setting up the materials is a bit challenging. TA was a nice start from Corel to bring in some sort of radiosity and it was nice to experiment with. It took forever to render (much like Volumetric World) as you experienced. My tip: forget TA with any Bryce version below 7.1.

TA in Bryce 7 is completely different and works on Diffuse. There is no difference in the materials setup whether you use TA or not. TA is the Bryce version of radiosity and it works great and much faster than the old TA. The Render Options look different in Bryce 7.1.

RO7.gif
    663 x 346 - 37K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited April 2015

Thanks for the comments, big tea cup or top hat I'm pleased with the results. After trying many Hdr images, this one worked best for what I had in mind. :-)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • vosvos Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

second one

Brain control

24_april_2015_brein_controle.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 248K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

vos said:
    second one

Brain control

love it - way cool

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@adbc... She' Got the Whole World in Her Hands... She sure does...very nice image.
    @lord ganthor...A Flower in Space is very cool.
    @orbital...another great image
    @mermaid Noak's Spaceship is very cool...
    @vos... Brain Control is very psychedelic... I really like it.

Here is my third entry
    Le Voyage dans la Lune /A Trip to the Moon
    (France, 1902), the screen's first science fiction story, was a 14 minute masterpiece (nearly one reel in length (about 825 feet)), created by imaginative French director and master magician Georges Melies (1861-1938) in his version of the Jules Verne story. The silent film's plot, a light-hearted satire criticizing the conservative scientific community of its time, was inspired by Jules Verne's From the Earth to the Moon (1865) and H. G. Wells' First Men in the Moon (1901).

Le_Voyage_dans_la_Lune.jpg
    960 x 720 - 293K
  • Naughty-GNaughty-G Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

This is the first post.
    Thank you.

Field_flowers.jpg
    655 x 790 - 175K
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@Lord Ganthor : A flower in space is a very lovely image
    @orbital : "Recon" is a nice scene
    @mermaid010 : Interesting 3rd entry, the ark in space !
    @vos : Brain control : I love it
    @mtnmen : Thanks for your comment. Your 3rd entry fits the description, well done !
    @Koich : special image !
    @Horo : thanks for your comment.

edited December 1969

@adbc : thanks for your comment.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2015

I wasn't going to do any postwork (I kinda hate postworking in Bryce works as when I do I tend to get carried away - ending up with a non-Bryce work etc.,), however, the lens flare (done with a single click in Photoshop Elements) sorta of adds to the effect, giving some depth to the scene.

Title: UFO Scraper (1st entry).
    Jay

UFO_Scraper.jpg
    1400 x 714 - 790K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@asterlil: Thanks. And great scene; but indeed needs inside knowledge to be understood as sci-fi.

@CTippetts: Very nice indoorscene. Love the light!

@adbc: The world she holds looks more promising for life than the world she lives on!

@Lord Ganthor: Indeed. wonderful cover. You should write the accompanying book!

@orbital: Great atmosphere and nice flash!

@fencepost52: What a mess! But a great set of robots.

@mermaid010: Very good idea. A bit tight ark for all those animals, I fear.

@vos: very good work. Makes me think of 'The Matrix'

@mtnmen: Lovely! wonderful look in the moon's face!

@Koich: Interstellar totem? Good work!

@Jamahoney: Wonderful POV. You could get dizzy, just looking at that!

edited December 1969

Cheers, hansmar...I initially had an aircraft flying between the scrapers, but we all know the terror (and hence, the insensitivity of it) to a scene like that.

Jay

edited April 2015

@vos - great scene, has a techno-abstract look to it.

@mtnmen - just great. I remember the original well and read just about everything from Jules Verne.

@Koich - welcome to the challenge. A very beautiful entry.

@Jay - lens flare is just what I hate in photography and in post processed renders they usually look completely different than the real thing. But you really got it right here. It is even an improvement. Very well done.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Horo...and agree with the lens flare stuff...it can either ruin or enhance a photo's effect sometimes.

Jay

edited December 1969

It is the second render.

0427.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 300K
  • Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Here's the final version of my second entry:
    The title is Discworld: GOOD MORNING.

I've been studying light via the Brinnen videos. There's a wee bit of granularity in places, but this is about as far as I can take TA on my core i3....

From the Daz store:
    Greater and lesser goblins
    Cape
    Binky (Millenium Horse 2)
    Low Rez Skellington
    Bow and arrows from Horse 2 content
    HDRi from Horo (lake)

Oak tree from Xtree

Bits of corinthian column from ShareCG.

Everything else is Bryce content. Small adjustment to cape in Photoshop.

discworld_ta_v2.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 489K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Long Lost World.
    Had to rebuild this scene as the original corrupted after 8hrs work. So stripped the memory heavy files out and started again. All models by me. Some trees from various places. Postwork included the planet and color balance.

long_lost_world2mask_copy.jpg
    1400 x 676 - 649K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

"Get the H*** Off My Scanner!"

Great images and what a fun challenge.

Vehicle and creature objects created in Modo (while recovering from hernia surgery) and textured with images from CGTextures and CG Garage.

Scanner assembled with the Modo Bashing Kit.

Genesis 2 male and Martian Explorer outfit (DAZ and Wild Designs).

Tree "Grass" based on a recipe by slepalex at Bryce5.com (thanks Horo).

Staged and Rendered in Bryce7.1 Pro with True Ambiance @64 RPP. Illuminated by the Bryce sun and "Use Sky" IBL. Render time about 4 hours.

Thanks for looking!

sf_challenge.jpg
    1250 x 937 - 578K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited April 2015

Wellll... I thought I'd give it a try. Everything is Bryce native: a bunch of terrains and assorted primitives. Be gentle - this is only the third time I've ever even opened Bryce and the first two were to try out a couple tutorials over a year ago. :)

Really I wish I knew what I was doing - the render took 20 minutes and the anti-aliasing took over an hour and didn't really seem to change anything. That being said it was fun to play with - I like the Random Replicate function (which I found totally by accident).

"Exodus 3000"

Exodus3000.jpg
    1753 x 914 - 128K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    edited December 1969

@Koich - looking very good.

@asterlil - that's is a very nice scene.

@orbital - looking really great.

@Dan - great sci-fi scene and great models. I like the planet very much, it looks really great.

@MDO2010 - very nicely done, keep it up.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

good luck to all entries :) ....awesome work from everyone :)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney and Horo: lens flare; I don;t really know. Like so many things, they can be made great or bad.

@Koich: That's a sexy robot (is it?)!

@asterlil: last version is indeed the best. wonderful lights.

@orbital: great scene, lovely POV. I guess those trees do not breathe out oxygen on this planet?

@dan whiteside: That is a funny one, but good looking too!

@MDO2010: Looks very good. I love the random replicate. In this case, you could have used the 'Easter egg' called particle emitter. I forgot how you get it, but you find it by Googling Bryce Easter egg particle emitter. But, except for spheres, the particle emitter is not really useful.

Finally: I never got around my last idea, which was to make a Robeo and Julia scene with a 'real' Julia on the balcony and a robot Robeo at street level. Maybe I'll attempt it later, just for fun.

Everybody good luck with the judges and lots of strenght for those poor judges; way too difficult to choose, I would say.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

@Hansmar Orange goldfish bowl hats are all the rage on that planet.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Good luck to all that have entered. There's a lot of great stuff this month and I'm sure that we've all put the judges into a bit of a sweat and to their choices. As always, I'm glad it's not me!

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Good Luck Everyone! Many great images this round... Difficult to judge... but it has to be done...so we'll have another challenge to test our Brycing...

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

Yes, good luck to you all here.... it will be hard work for the Judges, indeed.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Good luck, everyone...especially to the judges! LOL Excellent work and it's neat seeing the quality of renders. Great work!

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Late to happy hour as usual... Good luck to everyone and compliments all around for excellent work!