* Released * Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,068

Already in my shopping cart!

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited December 2021

lou_harper said:

Norman_R said:

A mixture of different ecologies and cobblestone shaders (added by hand). Butterflies and toadstools with scripts added.

I love this! How did you add the cobblestone shader just to the road? Is it a separate material zone? I've never looked.

Thanks. The cobblestones are applied to the entire subsurface. This is not noticeable because there is grass in the other places.

001050.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 807K
    Post edited by Norman_R on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

I can't seem to get the ecology to open from the enigineer, neither double clicking or using the open button is doing anything?

• You also need the plugin.
    Screenshot_20211225_210513.jpg
    1080 x 1645 - 1M

Norman_R said:

You also need the plugin.

Yes I have the plugin. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178

scorpio said:

I can't seem to get the ecology to open from the enigineer, neither double clicking or using the open button is doing anything?

How did you install? DIM, I hope, not Daz Connect.

barbult said:

scorpio said:

Yes DIM 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,522

scorpio said:

As Barbult said, did you install with DIM?
    And what DS version, it should warn if you try to run a version below 4.11 (I think I set the limit to due to API requirements) 

scorpio said:

barbult said:

scorpio said:

Yes DIM 

And are UltraScenery and the ecologies installed in default location (/Environments/Landscapes) I think it is?

edited December 2021

This is how it works for me. I double click on an ecology thumbnail on the left and the list of ecology layers appears on the right. What do you see when you double click on an ecology thumbnail? Nothing on the right? Does it correctly show the installed c66Graphics Plugin version in the upper right corner?

UST EE.jpg
    857 x 612 - 306K
    Post edited by barbult on

I'm running DS 4.15.0.2

Yes it shows Code66Plugin, and looks the same as barbuilts screen shot

UScap.JPG
    1036 x 707 - 112K

Totte said:

scorpio said:

barbult said:

scorpio said:

Yes DIM 

And are UltraScenery and the ecologies installed in default location (/Environments/Landscapes) I think it is?

Yes. 

scorpio said:

Totte said:

scorpio said:

barbult said:

scorpio said:

Yes DIM 

Yes. 

OK, this looks like it works correctly. If you save "your ecology", and then run Ultra Scenery, does it not show up in the list there? 

scorpio said:

I'm running DS 4.15.0.2

Yes it shows Code66Plugin, and looks the same as barbuilts screen shot

This screenshot looks correct. You selected an ecology to start with on the left and its layers appear in the column on the right. Please explain more about what is not working for you?

Totte said:

scorpio said:

Totte said:

scorpio said:

barbult said:

scorpio said:

Yes DIM 

Yes. 

OK, this looks like it works correctly. If you save "your ecology", and then run Ultra Scenery, does it not show up in the list there? 

I will try this tomorrow. I'm getting tired its been a long day, maybe not the best time to try something new. Thankyou all for your quick response and help- especially today. Happy Christmas.

edited December 2021

Good evening. Start tomorrow with a rested mind. The UST Volume II Manual is good, too. It is linked with a thumbnail right in the Content Library folder with the UST II tools.

The next step would be to select (SINGLE click) another ecology on the left and then select a layer that you want to add to the ecology that you started with.

Screenshot 2021-12-25 161546.jpg
    857 x 612 - 106K
    UST EE select layer to add.jpg
    866 x 896 - 122K
    Post edited by barbult on
  •  

So far, I like the self-made palm tree ecology best.

•  

Jumbled apple orchard. The butterflies are added here by hand.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,322

Norman_R said:

So far, I like the self-made palm tree ecology best.

I agree, it is the best of the four you posted in the gallery. I really like the  contrast in the shades of colours and the different textures of the various plants and trees. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited December 2021
    Thanks @ alexhcowley. The likes say something else.

Cherry Trees
    This time the butterflies have been added with a script via Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II.
    The pebble path is inserted by hand on the surface.

Post edited by Norman_R on

@Norman_R: Another great one!

Sorry to take so long to get back. It is working fine, my confusion was I was expecting the environment to load in the scene. I am struggling with the layer affinity settings for items that don't have an affinity, the only time I got it to work when I tried to render the scene DS just locked up.

I'm disapointed that the thing I really wanted to do requires indepth knowledge outside of DS, editing JSON files.

You may also want to check your manuel, this section makes little sense.

The process described below is not suitable for someone who does feel comfortable with editing JSON files with a ext editor or do not have fundamental knowledge of how DAZ Studio loads props from content libraries. There is no warranty when using the procedures described below, and if you crash and burn, it’s all your own fault.

I'm not really sure how useful this is actually going to be for me.

I'm going to try with the affinity thing again.

• scorpio said:

There is no warranty when using the procedures described below, and if you crash and burn, it’s all your own fault.

That comment is more tongue-in-cheek than anything else smiley

DoctorJellybean said:

scorpio said:

There is no warranty when using the procedures described below, and if you crash and burn, it’s all your own fault.

I wasn't actually commmenting on that bit, I left out the fact that I found it a bit condesending rather than funny. I'm talking about the bits highligted red. Did anyone bother to read the manual.

• scorpio said:

Sorry to take so long to get back. It is working fine, my confusion was I was expecting the environment to load in the scene. I am struggling with the layer affinity settings for items that don't have an affinity, the only time I got it to work when I tried to render the scene DS just locked up.

I'm disapointed that the thing I really wanted to do requires indepth knowledge outside of DS, editing JSON files.

You may also want to check your manuel, this section makes little sense.

The process described below is not suitable for someone who does feel comfortable with editing JSON files with a ext editor or do not have fundamental knowledge of how DAZ Studio loads props from content libraries. There is no warranty when using the procedures described below, and if you crash and burn, it’s all your own fault.

I'm not really sure how useful this is actually going to be for me.

I'm going to try with the affinity thing again.

So I look for the section I need from the JSON files that already exist. Add the path to my props and test until it works as I want it to. You can also check the script here beforehand to see if it contains errors. https://jsonlint.com/
    I also learned a lot from the thread of barbult --> UltraScenery Experiments and Experiences - Daz 3D Forums

• barbult said:

It is in the  store already! https://www.daz3d.com/ultra-scenery-toolbox--volume-ii

Ooh!!!  Happy Birthday to me!!

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 2021

scorpio said:

DoctorJellybean said:

scorpio said:

I wasn't actually commmenting on that bit, I left out the fact that I found it a bit condesending rather than funny. I'm talking about the bits highligted red. Did anyone bother to read the manual.

Also, starting on page 5 and 6, Ferns is spelled "Ferms" in several places.  Spell-check should have caught that.  Also, telling people to refer to the manual for another product by another vendor (Ultra Scatter) to get an explanation of how your product works really is not acceptable.  Not everybody is going to have that product. (Fortunately, I do.)

Post edited by sandmanmax on

sandmanmax said:

scorpio said:

DoctorJellybean said:

scorpio said:

Also, starting on page 5 and 6, Ferns is spelled "Ferms" in several places.  Spell-check should have caught that.  Also, telling people to refer to the manual for another product by another vendor (Ultra Scatter) to get an explanation of how your product works really is not acceptable.  Not everybody is going to have that product. (Fortunately, I do.)

The rererence is for Ultra Scatter specific operations, as this product requires Ultra Scenery and is made for Ultra Scenery, there is also posssible to use with Ultra Scatter. 

edited January 2022

Totte said:

sandmanmax said:

scorpio said:

DoctorJellybean said:

scorpio said:

The rererence is for Ultra Scatter specific operations, as this product requires Ultra Scenery and is made for Ultra Scenery, there is also posssible to use with Ultra Scatter. 

Oh, I see.  Thanks for clarifying.  I'm loving it so far.  I didn't realize it would do the thumbnails, too.  That's really handy!

edited January 2022

Here's my Planet Xi.  It's pretty much just the tutorial with bromeliads added from Mossy Hollow. Then I used AlienatorPro to replace some of the ferns and bromeliads with alien plants.  Sky is one from Orestes Oblivion.

Planet Xi 01.png
    700 x 518 - 789K