* Released * Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II

13»

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,322

sandmanmax said:

Here's my Planet Xi.  It's pretty much just the tutorial with bromeliads added from Mossy Hollow. Then I used AlienatorPro to replace some of the ferns and bromeliads with alien plants.  Sky is one from Orestes Oblivion.

Spectacular stuff.  The gas giant in the sky definitely adds something extra.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• sandmanmax said:

Here's my Planet Xi.  It's pretty much just the tutorial with bromeliads added from Mossy Hollow. Then I used AlienatorPro to replace some of the ferns and bromeliads with alien plants.  Sky is one from Orestes Oblivion.

Looks great. yes
    I also built something again. This time with bamboo and fireflies. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178
    edited January 2022

I made a custom layer by copying the Oaks layer from one of the Oaks ecologies and then changing the props path from the Oak trees to Predatron Date Palm Trees. I was careful to select only the trees without dates, because the dates are a child prop of the trees, and I found out long ago, that parented props don't work with UltraScenery (or at least I don't know how to make them work). I then combined that custom layer along with some layers from existing ecologies like Oaks and Mossy Hollow. I like the result, which I saved as a new ecology.

BV Date Palms 01 Bridge 01_BCam River S.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    BV Date Palm_BCam Stones 9 S.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Screenshot 2022-01-11 183605.jpg
    457 x 309 - 23K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I want to go there on holiday...

Regards,

Richard

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

@barbult that looks amazing!

richardandtracy said:

I want to go there on holiday...

Regards,

Richard

Me too!  These pictures are absolutely stunning.

Cheers,

Alex. 

richardandtracy said:

I want to go there on holiday...

Regards,

Richard

I live there! (Florida) 71 degrees F this morning. Sun is shining. smiley

edited January 2022

I made some more custom tropical layers to add other palm trees and banana plants. I have a lot of tropical plant packs!

BV Tropicall Palms 2 Stream 1 BCam Stream 1 CS.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 582K
  • barbult said:

I made some more custom tropical layers to add other palm trees and banana plants. I have a lot of tropical plant packs!

Breathtaking. Ever thought about releasing your work as a product/add-on? Would be an instant buy for me. 

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

barbult said:

Breathtaking. Ever thought about releasing your work as a product/add-on? Would be an instant buy for me. 

Thanks for your kind words. I have no desire to become a Daz PA. You can make your own custom layers with a bit of JSON editing and create something similar, though.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Is UST Volume 1 still worth getting with 

• Tugpsx said:

Yes. It makes working with existing ecologies in a scene much easier.

DoctorJellybean said:

Tugpsx said:

Yes. It makes working with existing ecologies in a scene much easier.

Thanks for confirmation. Just bought it. 

I used Mask Builder from Toolbox I and Instance Group Locator/Unpack/Repack from Toolbox II. I made this scene to use the Daz+ Predatron Marigolds that I bought. I'm a sucker for flowers props. blush

• Digital Art LiveDigital Art Live Posts: 121
    edited February 2022

In our next webiinar, we're having Code66 (Totte) present this Sunday at 21:00 GMT (London) on UltraScenery and his toolkits. Come along to meet Totte, gain some tips on using UltraScenery and share your own US artwork. 

Register for free / learn more HERE

Post edited by Digital Art Live on
    edited July 2022

I found a new use for the Instance Group Locator in Toolbox II. By showing a group of instances and unpacking them, I can accurately position other items on or around that instance. Then I just repack the instances without changing them at all. Here I put turtles on a log instance and vines on a palm tree trunk instance.

USC Toolbox II line up items on instance.jpg
    1420 x 1247 - 1M

barbult said:

I found a new use for the Instance Group Locator in Toolbox II. By showing a group of instances and unpacking them, I can accurately position other items on or around that instance. Then I just repack the instances without changing them at all. Here I put turtles on a log instance and vines on a palm tree trunk instance.

Seriously, you have to teach us these steps. You have brought a whole new view on what is posible with USC toolkit and more.

What is the posibility of a writeup?

barbult said:

Seriously, you have to teach us these steps. You have brought a whole new view on what is posible with USC toolkit and more.

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

The steps are mentioned above the picture. The forums are too unreliable with continuous gateway errors to try to post anything of consequence these days. I had to try multiple times even to access this thread, let alone reply.

barbult said:

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

The steps are mentioned above the picture. The forums are too unreliable with continuous gateway errors to try to post anything of consequence these days. I had to try multiple times even to access this thread, let alone reply.

How about setting up a Deviantart account and posting stuff there?  I have significantly fewer problems with Deviantart than I have with DAZ3D.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Just bought myself the plug in and the two toolboxes plus the Ultrascenery tutorial and now I just need to buy the video card to use them with...getting excited.