Nuts and All secrets about the Toongenerations

3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,091
edited April 2015 in The Commons

I think it is time to get a special Topic for these little characters as far as some more are done for them ( and more will come) and that some great fans have no where to talk about them (except the toon generation facebook page of course). The best way to get this topic locked and quickly accessible in the front of this forum page would be to get at least hundreds of "hello" from all of you, fans of toongenerations (or not). Join us. If not, this topic will sink in the deepest part of the DAZ site....

FIrst of all, it will be nice to collect everywhere you have found something designed for the Toongenerations, free or not, clothes, accessories, programmation, etc... or/and if you get a special link or picture about them, feel free to share it. if you have special request, questions etc, feel free to write them down.

Second point : In the past, some challenges were done. Perheaps it will be a good idea to get back one, time to time, specially designed for the toongenerations, following a thema, and why not, with prices (everybody can dream a little, me first ;-) )

Get in, join us, give Toongenerations'DAZ a big hello :)

Post edited by 3djoji on

Comments

• MeerkatsAhoyMeerkatsAhoy Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hooray!

I vote yes on everything, I am obsessed with these little guys right now.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Hello!!!

Nice to see you again!

There's an entire universe of fun and stories with only the stuff from you and 3D Universe.

ToonGen-Bacon.png
    600 x 988 - 837K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Hello!!!
    There's an entire universe of fun and stories with only the stuff from you and 3D Universe.
    Universe is right, thanks to 3djoji.
    Just checking in. I'm a big fan of the Toon Generations in general, and of 3djoji in particular, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what this thread brings.
    -- Walt Sterdan
    Toon-Gen-Astronaut-00.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 212K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Big fan of the Toons

14-01-22_Doctoon_Who.jpg
    1680 x 820 - 746K
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited March 2015

Great Idea!! I've added a link to the TG-Facebook page for this thread ...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Toon-Generations-Fanpage/187230314647688

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Some items I've made. Is this the sort of thing you would like? If so I'll put them on my website.

Shirt_Shorts_1.jpg
    565 x 796 - 153K
    Toon_Skirt_Blouse.png
    600 x 776 - 233K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

A big Texas howdy to all of you Toongen fans. I need to get my Cross Dresser installed(?) and learn how to use it.

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,091
    edited March 2015

TIP : avoïding poke thru : When you use the toongenerations body shape and poses, it occurs some times large pokes thru near the thighs or the shoulders and the collars. The best way to avoid these are to set these bones invisible for toongenerations Body... here with the vampire set of 3DUniverse and the skeleton shape

Screen_Shot_2015-03-19_at_17.01_.05_.png
    955 x 744 - 298K
    Screen_Shot_2015-03-19_at_17.00_.43_.png
    801 x 671 - 281K
    Post edited by 3djoji on
    edited December 1969

The Crossdresser for Toon Generations work fine. Partely there could be some errors, but all in all it works good.

Here's a test I did. Jacket is for another figure and not yet released.

TG_Jacket.jpg
    794 x 1123 - 45K
  • sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

The Mod Squad says Hi!

modsquad.jpg
    800 x 575 - 296K
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Big fan of the Toons
    big fan of your Doctors, hope to see more.
    -- Walt Sterdan
    edited March 2015

sdorsey said:
    The Mod Squad says Hi!

"Who is going to suspect Toons?" ;-)
    Just had to mention how impressed I am with how you captured the actors, especially with the eyes. You nailed the characters.
    -- Walt Sterdan
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Sometimes I like to try morphs and once I made clothing. I've been meaning to see if I can with the toons! I love these guys! I want more stuff for them. Or a way to use other figures' stuff, kind of like the crossdresser from runtimedna.

edited December 1969

I love these guys! I want more stuff for them.

I have so much ideas for them, the problem is always to have some more time...
    BB01-600.jpg
    462 x 600 - 46K
    edited March 2015

wilmap said:
    Some items I've made. Is this the sort of thing you would like? If so I'll put them on my website.

Please do! I can use all the pieces I can get right now. I have a good skirt already from the Pilgrims, but I could use those shirts for sure!

In case anyone didn't notice yet, the Little Heroes are in Newly Mad and the morphing gloves alone are worth the full price they do not cost today. (At least to me, I really needed some gloves and was not looking forward to trying to rig some...I wasn't 100% sure it was possible!)

ToonKitchPoster.jpg
    512 x 809 - 79K
    Post edited by MeerkatsAhoy on
    edited March 2015

your render

What a nice texture of the military aviator cap (if it is of course). How do you change the logo?

another nice question posted in another tread here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54213/

Post edited by 3djoji on
    edited December 1969

3djoji said:
    your render

What a nice texture of the military aviator cap (if it is of course). How do you change the logo?

another nice question posted in another tread here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54213/

Thank you! It is indeed your military aviator cap, I replaced the badge with one from another project.

edited March 2015

In case anyone didn't notice yet, the Little Heroes are in Newly Mad and the morphing gloves alone are worth the full price they do not cost today. (At least to me, I really needed some gloves and was not looking forward to trying to rig some...I wasn't 100% sure it was possible!)
    Agreed, the set is an awesome buy!
    I've been waiting for a few such props to launch some Toon Gen redos of my favourite 60's comic SciFi characters, this package gives me pretty much everything I need. It was in my cart and installed before I was fully awake.
    I can't believe that, with a couple of other items in my cart, it only cost $7.17!
    The little parts, like the many variations on the gloves and boots, and the uniforms (especially the shouler braids and stuff) are exactly what I've been missing.
    Best. March. Madness. EV-er.

First up, a toon variation of "Rip Hunter, Time Master". It's going to be a great weekend. ;-)
    -- Walt Sterdan

Rip-Hunter-TG-02-CC.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 140K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited March 2015

Just a very quick render of the Toon Gens going out in the car on a nice sunny day.

Used Toon Square as well as Toon Car Jimmy, which I had to rescale.

Car_Journey2.png
    776 x 600 - 926K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Love the Little Heroes set.
    Picked it up this morning & had to do a quick test render.

15-03-22_pest_control.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 1000K
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:

:lol: Awesome.
    -- Walt Sterdan
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Just a very quick render of the Toon Gens going out in the car on a nice sunny day.

Used Toon Square as well as Toon Car Jimmy, which I had to rescale.

Cute. I normally scale the Toon Gen characters to 250% (though I haven't tried it with the Jimmy yet, so that might be different).
    I have no idea why Steve made 'em small, when he could have just built them to scale with the rest of the Poser Universe.
    I love the Toon Square; like a lot of his stuff, it says "Toon" but it's great for non-toon stuff as well.
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I would be happy to host (and even start off) a list of available freebies for Toon Generations over on the freebie wiki (see my sig for the link). However, I only know of Billy, Belle, the Toon Rabbit, the Laptop, and the Galadriel Outfit for Toon Gramps - that isn't really enough for a list. What am I missing?

edited March 2015

aldemps said:

LOL - What a stunning idea ... love the expression of "Wolverine".

Hi robkelk ...

Toon Gramps is not part of the Toon Generations, He is a charater that match better more with Sadie, Sam and Dennis. For other things, I have send you a PM with more freebie links. Unfortunately the Toon Generations had never get that attention that they deserved. Maybe not cute enough.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:

LOL - What a stunning idea ... love the expression of "Wolverine".

Hi robkelk ...

Toon Gramps is not part of the Toon Generations, He is a charater that match better more with Sadie, Sam and Dennis. For other things, I have send you a PM with more freebie links. Unfortunately the Toon Generations had never get that attention that they deserved. Maybe not cute enough.
    Thanks. I'll work on that tomorrow.

(Good thing I didn't create that page yet...)

edited December 1969

I've got more freebies for the ToonGen, just don't know how to post them. I'll try to get it figured out today.

edited March 2015

AtticAnne said:
    I've got more freebies for the ToonGen, just don't know how to post them. I'll try to get it figured out today.

Send a PM to Rob with the links. I did the same for the freebies that I know yesterday.

edited December 1969

why don't you share the freebies link here? It will be a goed secrets for all :)

edited December 1969

If we reached soon Page 100 of this thread (I'm a very optimistic person) then it could be a really hard to find the freebies between all the posts and pictures.

Rob always reserved the first two or three entries of a new thread for the list of freebies.

And to reach the next page very soon, I will add a first try with the little heroes. I like that some of the helmets can also used as handles ...

Catched.jpg
    996 x 1408 - 414K
    edited December 1969