Nuts and All secrets about the Toongenerations

Comments

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for all of us. I hope this will give a start.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thanks, and please keep the PMs and posts coming!

I'll make the list ... some time this week.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited March 2015

AtticAnne said:

Well, the final list will just 5 or 6 entries longer as the one here ... Most of these are also on my list too :)

Guitarist Pose for Toon Generations

Toon Generation Bunny Girl

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
    edited December 1969

Something, that I work on. Maybe I did it a little bit wrong, because I made the thickness before I made some textures. Now I don't know, how I should split the cap in different parts. Fortunately I have saved my creation in different progress-steps, so I could go bak to the base and start again.

jesdaz.jpg
    1149 x 881 - 226K
    jeshex.jpg
    1379 x 856 - 108K
    edited March 2015

Something, that I work on. Maybe I did it a little bit wrong, because I made the thickness before I made some textures. Now I don't know, how I should split the cap in different parts. Fortunately I have saved my creation in different progress-steps, so I could go bak to the base and start again.

This looks cute :)

Post edited by 3djoji on
    edited December 1969

This one was an idea for a current product, that is on sale here now ... :) What we definetely need is something like a Non-Ear morph for the Toon Generation. Then would my BatMan not look like CatMan ... (he looks really more like Felix the Cat as like the Dark Knight ... LOL)

CatMan.jpg
    1149 x 881 - 139K
    edited December 1969

This one was an idea for a current product, that is on sale here now ... :) What we definetely need is something like a Non-Ear morph for the Toon Generation. Then would my BatMan not look like CatMan ... (he looks really more like Felix the Cat as like the Dark Knight ... LOL)

Yep, the ears are somewhat difficult to mask, even with a mask map (like I've done for the gencentaurus). I've already made an attempt recently but I've given up. The only solution should be to make some more morphs for the toongenerations and flattening the ears. That leads to another problem which I've not yet solved : where did I put the morph injector in the old backup lol...
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 1969

I took advantage of the huge 50% discount for comic style daily funnies project. I will use pwToon with these.

I just have a quick question. It seems odd to me that when I set the Age dial above 50% I get a character that is old but I notice that the legs and torso scale rises, as well. So it seems Age+ is max at 50% in my case, it creates what seems to be the correct old characters.

Is this correct? Can anyone else verify this, I want to make sure I have everything setup correctly.

I am using the latest DAZ Studio (not the beta) and and everything is installed via DIM.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    I took advantage of the huge 50% discount for comic style daily funnies project. I will use pwToon with these.

I just have a quick question. It seems odd to me that when I set the Age dial above 50% I get a character that is old but I notice that the legs and torso scale rises, as well. So it seems Age+ is max at 50% in my case, it creates what seems to be the correct old characters.

Is this correct? Can anyone else verify this, I want to make sure I have everything setup correctly.

I am using the latest DAZ Studio (not the beta) and and everything is installed via DIM.

Yes, the figure rises when you dial the age. This is an important problem when using the figure with POSER and that is why there is a single axis parameter (usefull only with POSER) . After setting the age, the dial figureHeight can set any torso scale (and legs are affected) and you can correct the length of the legs with its dial. When you are right, just save your basic pose to recall it whenever it is necessary. Hope it can help a little

edited March 2015

3djoji said:
    Yes, the figure rises when you dial the age. This is an important problem when using the figure with POSER and that is why there is a single axis parameter (usefull only with POSER) . After setting the age, the dial figureHeight can set any torso scale (and legs are affected) and you can correct the length of the legs with its dial. When you are right, just save your basic pose to recall it whenever it is necessary. Hope it can help a little

Thanks for verifying this for me. I was about to post again that I figured it out when I set that FigureHeight dial to zero. When bringing the character back to normal you also have to reset the FigureHeight dial too (provided one hasn't messed with other dials, in which case loading in a new base figure would be easier to start from scratch).

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

Thanks for verifying this for me. I was about to post again that I figured it out when I set that FigureHeight dial to zero. When bringing the character back to normal you also have to reset the FigureHeight dial too (provided one hasn't messed with other dials, in which case loading in a new base figure would be easier to start from scratch).

you don't need to reload your figure from the scratch, just go in the parameter and choose the little upper left menu like shown in the picture joined:

Screen_Shot_2015-03-24_at_21.33_.19_.png
    479 x 496 - 82K
    edited December 1969

3djoji said:

you don't need to reload your figure from the scratch, just go in the parameter and choose the little upper left menu like shown in the picture joined:

In my experience, I have always stayed away from that command. It resets many figure's dials to zero and not their defaults. In the case of the Toon Generations it sets Single Axis Scaling to zero, from the default of 1. Ditto for some of the iFoot settings, as well.

Best if you just load in from scratch if you need to dial up a new character.

edited March 2015

nDelphi said:

In my experience, I have always stayed away from that command. It resets many figure's dials to zero and not their defaults. In the case of the Toon Generations it sets Single Axis Scaling to zero, from the default of 1. Ditto for some of the iFoot settings, as well.

Best if you just load in from scratch if you need to dial up a new character.

I think you are talking about the "zero" figure command which set all the dials parameters to zero. this zero is not to be use except for special purpose like exporting the mesh for modeling around it). The restore only pushes the figure at the original parameter values from the time you load the figure and doesn't set the axis scaling to zero but reset it to 1 and put the foot well in the original position as well all the others.

Post edited by 3djoji on
    edited December 1969

3djoji said:

I think you are talking about the "zero" figure command which set all the dials parameters to zero.

I see, you are correct. Hmmm... all this time I have been ignoring the wrong command for the wrong reasons. I should have paid closer attention to your image. :red:

Thanks, again.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    3djoji said:

I think you are talking about the "zero" figure command which set all the dials parameters to zero.

I see, you are correct. Hmmm... all this time I have been ignoring the wrong command for the wrong reasons. I should have paid closer attention to your image. :red:

Thanks, again.

I hope this will save you a lot of time and I'm glad that this forum can be the place for such exchanges.

edited March 2015

I finally finished applying pwToon two one of my Characters (the Dad) and the Toon Racer for my future comic strip.

How is this style looking for a comic strip? Does it work for you?

Toon_George_Car_Test.jpg
    900 x 900 - 112K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2015

nDelphi said:
    I finally finished applying pwToon two one of my Characters (the Dad) and the Toon Racer for my future comic strip.

How is this style looking for a comic strip? Does it work for you?

For the most part, it works fine, I like it. The only thing I'd change is the sky. It doesn't really match the rest of the artwork to me, the clouds I find too simple/2D. I think you'd be better off going with either a flat colour for the sky or a gradient, if you can't find some clouds that will work. You might also try pwtooning a sky background as well.
    Please feel free to post more as you develop your cast and sets, it really does have a nice feel to it and I'd like to see more.
    -- Walt Sterdan
    Post edited by wsterdan on
    edited December 1969

wsterdan said:

For the most part, it works fine, I like it. The only thing I'd change is the sky. It doesn't really match the rest of the artwork to me, the clouds I find too simple/2D.

I am trying to get a very toony look. I guess for outdoors I can use a sky with a flat color and no clouds. I will also need to trace over textures, such as the side walk and roads and get them to be black and white lines and some parts of cars and houses, like the Grill on this car should also be made too look more flat.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    wsterdan said:

For the most part, it works fine, I like it. The only thing I'd change is the sky. It doesn't really match the rest of the artwork to me, the clouds I find too simple/2D.

I am trying to get a very toony look. I guess for outdoors I can use a sky with a flat color and no clouds. I will also need to trace over textures, such as the side walk and roads and get them to be black and white lines and some parts of cars and houses, like the Grill on this car should also be made too look more flat.My comment was based on the level of tooning of the background not matching the level of tooning on everything else. I think it's easier to adapt the level of tooning on the background to match everything else (which I like) than the other way around, but if you do want to flatten the pwToon render, you might try experimenting with Toonycam Pro in addition to pwToon. It applies it's effects post-render and will affect backgrounds as well, which might unify things a little more.
    That said, I really do prefer the look you've already got with the figures.
    --Walt Sterdan

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Thanks, and please keep the PMs and posts coming!

I'll make the list ... some time this week.

Alas, "this week" has become "this weekend at the earliest" - family matters have arisen. Sorry for raising hopes...
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Just uploaded two free sets on my website.

See last items on the page

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45589/P195

• RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Just popping in to show off my new Bothered and Bewildered cast. I had started one with Toon Generations in Poser when the model first came out and have started updating them for DAZ Studio. :roll:

Endora_Render_Test.jpg
    700 x 910 - 337K
    Mother_and_Daughter.png
    700 x 910 - 346K
    Endora_and_Clara.jpg
    700 x 910 - 161K
    The_Family.png
    700 x 560 - 314K
    edited December 1969

Just popping in to show off my new Bothered and Bewildered cast. I had started one with Toon Generations in Poser when the model first came out and have started updating them for DAZ Studio. :roll:

Looks like a solid cast, looking forward to seeing some sample scenes or story lines.
    -- Walt Strrdan
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow. Love what you did with the characters. Terrific!

edited March 2015

This time things are looking up. I just realized that I don't have to complicate things for a simple comic strip.

These are of a neighborhood baseball field. I think I got the sky looking much better now. I found and purchased this simple baseball field today in Lightwave format. I had to convert it to object and then had to fix holes in the mesh, it was worth the effort. It is more than I hoped I could find, it has dugouts and bleachers.

Also, I was able to keep hair on the figure and add the baseball cap with the help of DAZ Studio's Smoothing Modifier. Looks a lot better than just with the cap on the head.

Baseball_Field.jpg
    900 x 900 - 179K
    Baseball_Field_01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 218K
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    This time things are looking up. I just realized that I don't have to complicate things for a simple comic strip.

These are of a neighborhood baseball field. I think I got the sky looking much better now. I found this simple baseball field today. It was more than I hoped I could find, it has dugouts and bleachers.

Also, I was able to keep hair on the figure and add the baseball cap with the help of DAZ Studio's Smoothing Modifier. Looks a lot better than just with the cap on the head.

Looks good, nice find on the baseball field. Looking forward to seeing more.
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

These are of a neighborhood baseball field. I think I got the sky looking much better now. I found and purchased this simple baseball field today in Lightwave format. I had to convert it to object and then had to fix holes in the mesh, it was worth the effort. It is more than I hoped I could find, it has dugouts and bleachers.

Very appropriate renders as the 28th was Opening Day for Little League baseball here in Austin.

edited December 1969

Maurice and Endora. You can never go wrong with Mummy and Daddy...

Maurice_and_Endora.png
    432 x 560 - 172K
    edited December 1969

Did you ever wonder how Samantha and Serena could be identical cousins? I always figured that it was because both sets of parents were twins. So, meet Uncle Murray and Aunt Minerva. Could they BE anymore different from Maurice and Endora?

Family_Portrait.png
    432 x 560 - 218K
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow, you folks are so good with the morphs. Love the characters.