Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Websoul said:

Love the render, Reminds me a bit of this but then in full battle armor. Would love to ride that corgi into battle :)

Thanks! I have an image that shows more of the armor.

• Zatetic said:

Websoul said:

Love the render, Reminds me a bit of this but then in full battle armor. Would love to ride that corgi into battle :)

Thanks! I have an image that shows more of the armor.

Ha, that is awesome. Could you make one where you ride the corgi into battle, that would be epic.

Great job on the armor.

• Sven Dullah said:

Tks Llola Lane and Websoul! I'm not clear if I make up stories and render them or if it's the other way around. All I know is if there's a render there atleast is some kind of story. To make a point without adding text, that's a real challenge and I'm not very good at it. Yeah I'm actually retired (this year) from 30 years in the music business (musician, sound engineer, producer), and now I'm absolutely refusing to do anything "productive":D Making music, renders, stories, whatever, keeps me relatively sane;)

I still have about 22 or 23 years to go before retirement but the job is nice and I enjoy working there. 

Because of your short story I gave it a try too and redesigned my website that had been in desperate need of maintenance to fit a short story in.
    The link is websoul.nl

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

It's just past midnight for me so technically I'm in July now, but here's my Retirement for June. Based on a true story...

The computer desided to retire itself

Retirement.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M

It's just past midnight for me so technically I'm in July now, but here's my Retirement for June. Based on a true story...

I have to rush off to work now, so I'll add the story behind this later.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,231

Boy, I hate when that happens.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

isidorn said:

OMG.. the dreaded Blue Screen.. I wish I knew how to fix it... I've been getting that blue screen ever since I got my new computer :(  It happens a few times a month... (sighs)... What a great take on the RETIREMENT theme... Don't work too hard isidorn ... well done!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Llola Lane said:

isidorn said:

OMG.. the dreaded Blue Screen.. I wish I knew how to fix it... I've been getting that blue screen ever since I got my new computer :(  It happens a few times a month... (sighs)... What a great take on the RETIREMENT theme... Don't work too hard isidorn ... well done!

I think it should have a code displayed so you can track it down.  I think.

Dana 

DanaTA said:

Llola Lane said:

isidorn said:

I think it should have a code displayed so you can track it down.  I think.

Dana 

That would be lovely Dana... I've looked up the problem on the internet but can't figure out how to have it not happen... I usually go into the BIOs and reset the starter file.  It works as a temp thingy... but I can't figure out how to fix it perminently.  :(  You are welcome to PM me if you find your info.

Sven Dullah said:

Tks Llola Lane and Websoul! I'm not clear if I make up stories and render them or if it's the other way around. All I know is if there's a render there atleast is some kind of story. To make a point without adding text, that's a real challenge and I'm not very good at it. Yeah I'm actually retired (this year) from 30 years in the music business (musician, sound engineer, producer), and now I'm absolutely refusing to do anything "productive":D Making music, renders, stories, whatever, keeps me relatively sane;)

I could NEVER retire from music... I've always got a tune humming in my brain.. and most of the time it finds my way to my vocal cords... lol

Zatetic said:

Her devotion to her rider was commendable but it was time for her to retire. Most corgis only served four years in the cavalry and she had served for six years.

I made the corgi armor in Blender and it still needs a bit of work. All other elements from Daz Studios.

WOW... I'm impressed... Hand made battle armor... Well done.  Now Corgi will have the easy life... laid back.. relaxing... and having lots of lovin.  :)  Well done.. thanks for sharing.

Websoul said:

Sven Dullah said:

I still have about 22 or 23 years to go before retirement but the job is nice and I enjoy working there. 

Because of your short story I gave it a try too and redesigned my website that had been in desperate need of maintenance to fit a short story in.
    The link is websoul.nl

WOW... awesome!  well done.

ok gang... It's almost midnight here and July is but a few moments away for me... Time to think about VALENTINES... ah... Love is in the air!!!  Post'em when it's July for you.

I really struggled with ideas for retirement, but Sven Dullah's abandoned bot kind of helped me decide on what to do, based on that the hard drive on my seven year old PC gave up in early June and as it's been my secondary computer since I bought my current rendering machine two years ago, I have been undecided on what to do with it. Try to repair, get a new HDD or... retire it! I've started to lean towards the latter. But as I was rendering this image I was reminded of how convenient it is with a secondary PC when the big one has all its resources clogged up by DAZ Studio...

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Llola Lane said:

Websoul said:

Sven Dullah said:

The link is websoul.nl

WOW... awesome!  well done.

I second thatyes 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,231

isidorn said:

I really struggled with ideas for retirement, but Sven Dullah's abandoned bot kind of helped me decide on what to do, based on that the hard drive on my seven year old PC gave up in early June and as it's been my secondary computer since I bought my current rendering machine two years ago, I have been undecided on what to do with it. Try to repair, get a new HDD or... retire it! I've started to lean towards the latter. But as I was rendering this image I was reminded of how convenient it is with a secondary PC when the big one has all its resources clogged up by DAZ Studio...

All I could think of was an Urn or a casket. I don't work at a job but have work to do every day at my house.

• isidorn said:

Smoking computers are never a good thing, nice render

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Hearts in Space: A little space graffiti to mark thirty years of marriage.

Serendipity strikes again! On Sunday, I was playing with Mandelbulb3D when this heart shape appeared in my fractal. Monday was my 30th wedding anniversary and suddenly all my problems with this month's render all disappeared.

Zatetic said:

Serendipity strikes again! On Sunday, I was playing with Mandelbulb3D when this heart shape appeared in my fractal. Monday was my 30th wedding anniversary and suddenly all my problems with this month's render all disappeared.

Congrats!! Ah, one of those rare signs from the Universe -  says you're on the right track;)

Zatetic said:

WOW... congratzi... Hubby and I celebrate 37 next week on the 20th.  I love how you incorporated a fractal in your artwork.. Well done Zatetic

AgitatedRiot said:

isidorn said:

All I could think of was an Urn or a casket. I don't work at a job but have work to do every day at my house.

It's ok.. Agi... Valentines should be easier ;)

edited July 2022

"Valentine Kissezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Just something cute... I'm being lazy... lol... although it did take a few hours to put together ;)  ENJOY!

Valentines cartoon 5minute render DONE SIGN merged FRAMED.jpg
    1018 x 966 - 99K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited July 2022

@Zatetic it's a wonderful thing when things come together like that, with great result too. 

That is cute indeed Llola! Maybe this is what's inside the box the guy is holding?

Valentine chocolates

I actually started on this right away when the month began, but I wasn't happy with the chocoloate shader and came to a halt. Suddenly two and a half week had passed before I continued. Still not happy with the shader, but it'll have to do.

Valentinechocolate.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on

isidorn said:

@Zatetic it's a wonderful thing when things come together like that, with great result too. 

That is cute indeed Llola! Maybe this is what's inside the box the guy is holding?

Valentine chocolates

I actually started on this right away when the month began, but I wasn't happy with the chocoloate shader and came to a halt. Suddenly two and a half week had passed before I continued. Still not happy with the shader, but it'll have to do.

Looks great to me isidorn... I'm a known chocolate lover... ;)  Some of the pieces even look like a chocolate duckie... lol.  I'm sure that's what my guy is holding for his gal... Well done.. and Thanks for joining the Valentines fun!

edited July 2022

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

Valentine's Day

OMG!!!  GREEEEEEEEEEEEEat idea Sven... WOW... well done... Thanks for joining the challenge!

Tks LL:)) Having fun:)

We still have a week left for July and our VALENTINES challenge... If I've not lost everyone... Git postin'!

• Very nice contributions everyone has made so far, this is my contribution for July. :)

164-9_REDIGERING.jpg
    2200 x 3111 - 7M

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Coliaz... That is so wonderful!!!  Very romantic.  Sorry the little girl lost her balloon.  Maybe you can make her another one ;)  lol.  Thanks for joining the challenge.