Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

BlueCrystal said:

I don't know much about Thanksgiving. Maybe the cat does?

Haaaaaaaa... Need 3 more cats for us... We have 4 and we DARE not leave the table set with food alone with them... LOL.  Well done BlueCrystal ... I'm THANKFUL you joined the challenge this month :)   

Saphirewild said:

Titled: A Medation In Nature

Darla was very thankful for living outside the city so she could meditate in nature!!

I sooooooooooooo get Darla... We don't like the city much either.  We have a nice house surrounded by farmland ;)  Well done Saph... (thumbzzzzzzzz up)

edited April 2022

ok.. I'm getting traditional here... complete with frame ;)

"Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner"

THANKSGIVING HARVEST FEAST 18minute render DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1371 x 796 - 231K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Sneaking mine in here at the end!

The Early Bird

Here are a couple of Spring Robins who are very thankful they woke up before the cat did!  (Made for Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge - Thanksgiving) 

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator.

The Early Bird.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 8M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2022

This (Lemminkäinen, Loke, Lug, Lugh, Lugdunum = Lyon) is the guy to thank for a good harvest and make offers to for the next season. My thoughts are that kelts brought the tradition over to the "new world" etc. Just as plausible as any other theory?

I mean, what do we really know? They're building golf courses on our ancient holy grounds...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Fae3D said:

Sneaking mine in here at the end!

The Early Bird

Here are a couple of Spring Robins who are very thankful they woke up before the cat did!  (Made for Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge - Thanksgiving) 

Postwork in Pixelmator.

Ooo lovely scene Fae3D... We have a family of robins living in a bush by our bathroom window... SO perfect timing for spring too.  They are diggin' up worms like crazy too.  Thanks 'sneaking' in to join the fun!

Sven Dullah said:

This (Lemminkäinen, Loke, Lug, Lugh, Lugdunum = Lyon) is the guy to thank for a good harvest and make offers to for the next season. My thoughts are that kelts brought the tradition over to the "new world" etc. Just as plausible as any other theory?

I mean, what do we really know? They're building golf courses on our ancient holy grounds...

Who knows Sven Dullah?  I'm sure people have been being thankful since the beginning of time :)  Your Lyon sure is handsome... Thanks for sharing!

Tks for commenting:) And just to be clear, Lyon is the third lagest city in France, springing back to atleast 43 bc when the first Romans came, but there were of course people there loong before that;)

Ughlaugh

Sven Dullah said:

Tks for commenting:) And just to be clear, Lyon is the third lagest city in France, springing back to atleast 43 bc when the first Romans came, but there were of course people there loong before that;)

Ughlaugh

ahh.. sorry... I thought that was his name... I'll have to look up that great city in the Wiki :)

Ok Gang... MAY = Halloween... so let's create some scarey artwork!!!

edited May 2022

Llola Lane said:

ahh.. sorry... I thought that was his name... I'll have to look up that great city in the Wiki :)

No worries, it could've been:) And no, I hold nothing against golfers:))

..right, Halloween coming up... 

Vanitas- Levels of Awareness

Levels of Awareness awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Title: BEHIND YOU!

(3Delight & Gimp)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,167

Just had an idea, so I'll have to tear myself away from my current project long enough to render it. 

WOW... just noticed we have a few Halloween artworks...

Thanks for starting us off Sven Dullah... Love how simple this scene is... but captures the creepiness of Halloween.  Well done...

and... nattaruk... EEPPPPPPPPPP!!!!  Never go spuelunking alone!  Specially with only one flashlight!  Great lighting... Thanks for sharing.

Gordig... Glad you could tear yourself away from current project... Now ya got me curious what you have in the works ;)  No rush... you still have time... ;)

Working on mine too.  Wait for it... waaaaaaaaaiiit!!!

Llola Lane said:

Gordig... Glad you could tear yourself away from current project... Now ya got me curious what you have in the works ;)  No rush... you still have time... ;)

If you mean the current project, here's a small preview:

If you mean what I have in mind for this contest...you'll see.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited May 2022

Titled: Miss Kittys Version Of Trick Or Treat

Miss Kitty was a science project gone very wrong but that did not stop her from trick or treating her own way with the closest bird she could find!!

Miss Kittys Version Of Trick or Treat.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233
    edited May 2022

"Mayoweenie"

Mayoweenie.png
    1860 x 881 - 2M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Wonderful artwork everyone... I've been quite busy with our foster kittens this month.  Lots going on elsewhere too... But I'm checking in now and then ;)

@Gordig ... Yes... I'm looking forward to your Halloween posting ;)

@Saphirewild... You KNOW I can't not like an artwork with a kitteh in it ;)  Well done.

@AgitatedRiot... So fun...but... I'm staying inside if that's what's outside... lol.  eep.  Great spookie lighting... Thanks for sharing!

Llola Lane said:

Wonderful artwork everyone... I've been quite busy with our foster kittens this month.  Lots going on elsewhere too... But I'm checking in now and then ;)

@Gordig ... Yes... I'm looking forward to your Halloween posting ;)

@Saphirewild... You KNOW I can't not like an artwork with a kitteh in it ;)  Well done.

@AgitatedRiot... So fun...but... I'm staying inside if that's what's outside... lol.  eep.  Great spookie lighting... Thanks for sharing!

The door even looks evil. Like it's looking at you. 

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Time for a study break!

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

I just realized Nattaruk and I had similar ideas

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Pretend I Was Never Here

Silly vampire lady, it's only May, there's still a long time before Halloween gets here! 

(Made for Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge - Halloween) 

No post work except for the watermark.

Pretend I Was Never Here.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • BlueCrystalBlueCrystal Posts: 14

Ghost of Pumpkin Past

Pumpkin

Pumpkin.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 2M

Nice

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow @BlueCrystal what a very impressive render, I really love how you got the pumpkin silhouette on the wall and have it glowing!!!

edited May 2022

Oh these are great everyone... I feel so bad not checking in more often... I will try and do better next month.  The kittens should be gone in a few weeks... They are getting bigger.  Also got almost all my garden plants in the ground before the rain the other day.  busy busy ....

I had time to work on my Halloween artwork today.  ENJOY!

"Jester Halloween"... or... "Bats in her Belfry"

JESTER HALLOWEEN Bats in her Belfry DONE SIGN.jpg
    1320 x 781 - 150K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Why do you have bats on the brain? Nice render.

AgitatedRiot said:

Why do you have bats on the brain? Nice render.

We do???  LOL... I didn't even remember... The expression made me think of what could she be alarmed at... I was checking my GOBOs and saw some bats... Checked my runtime and found a bat swarm...and the rest is history!  lol.  Amazing what an expression can inspire ;)  Thanks!  (maybe you were subconsiously in my brain???)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited May 2022

Good job everyone! I had a lot to look at as I've barely been on the forum for two months. Missed last month, but I'm not missing this one! Muahahahaha! 

Pumpkin patch

Pumpkinpatch.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on