Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Great story and render natturak...

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    edited October 2022

I guess I'm slowing loosing my crowd :(  Not sure why everyone hasn't posted yet.... Does the Daz+ contest have everyone exhausted???  I find myself slowing down from rendering... Had to force myself to create something for New Years... but here it is!

p.s... The fireworks were postworked in and are my FREE gift at... https://www.thefantasiesattic.net/halloween/2022/index.html ; (Day 6)

"Cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

NEW YEARS 1minute render DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1104 x 1104 - 157K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

Sorry, I've been out for several months because I'm so consumed with this animation project that I barely even open DS. 

Gordig said:

Sorry, I've been out for several months because I'm so consumed with this animation project that I barely even open DS. 

Thanks for responding Gordig... I'm happy to see you are still about.  :)  Miss your artwork though.  Are we going to get to see this 'animation project' sometime? 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

Here's the latest shot:

I'm re-rendering the previous shot to fix a number of problems, and will probably need to re-render ALL previous shots to ensure consistent render quality.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2022

Happy New Year:)

A bit late to the party (and completely missed last month, sorry bout that) but now I atleast got something doneblush. Great renders nattaruk and Llola Lane, I'll try to do better next time:))

NewYear'sEve awe.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

Happy New Year:)

A bit late to the party (and completely missed last month, sorry bout that) but now I atleast got something doneblush. Great renders nattaruk and Llola Lane, I'll try to do better next time:))

Happy New Year to you also Sven Dullah... Both of our artworks could go with November also... Gonna have to think a bit to not do fireworks...Hummm... Thanks for joining the fun! 

It is now November... Hopefully we will get more peeps to participate... Let's celebrate our... NOVEMBER = 4th of July/Independence Day!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Oh this one is going to be fun for sure!!!

I am so sorry I have been MIA for the past couple months it is just that the new damn Daz Studio program is too much for my Graphics card and will not let me get into it so I had to redownload 4.16 so it is hit or miss and mostly miss with it lately because Daz does not support that one anymore!!

But I do hope to do better this month!!

Saphirewild said:

Oh this one is going to be fun for sure!!!

I am so sorry I have been MIA for the past couple months it is just that the new damn Daz Studio program is too much for my Graphics card and will not let me get into it so I had to redownload 4.16 so it is hit or miss and mostly miss with it lately because Daz does not support that one anymore!!

But I do hope to do better this month!!

It's ok Saph... but i have missed ya ;)  Hope you can get some renderin' done... I know how much you enjoy Daz ;)  

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I'm glad to see a brave few keep this challenge going. Apoligies for my absence. I have been meaning to participate but life and stuff has got in the way. A fried graphics card leaving me without my PC last week didn't help either. But nothing bad that doesn't bring something good with it, as my mother used to say. I got a brand new graphics card now that's a substantial upgrade from the previous and I'm looking forward to try it out with DAZ Studio. Though I need to re-install DAZ as my computer needed a (can't think of what it's called now) so I lost all I had on it.

Not sure if I can come up with anything for 4th of July/Independence day. Not being an American, pretty much all I know about it is that fireworks are used.

isidorn said:

I'm glad to see a brave few keep this challenge going. Apoligies for my absence. I have been meaning to participate but life and stuff has got in the way. A fried graphics card leaving me without my PC last week didn't help either. But nothing bad that doesn't bring something good with it, as my mother used to say. I got a brand new graphics card now that's a substantial upgrade from the previous and I'm looking forward to try it out with DAZ Studio. Though I need to re-install DAZ as my computer needed a (can't think of what it's called now) so I lost all I had on it.

Not sure if I can come up with anything for 4th of July/Independence day. Not being an American, pretty much all I know about it is that fireworks are used.

Hi isidorn... Glad you are well... Peeps can use creative liscence to show what 4th of July/Independence day means to them... If it's fireworks.. have at it :)  I love seeing what other parts of the world celebrate.  And maybe ducky makes a trip to America for the 4th???  lol  I'll wave to him if he comes near Ohio :) 

FYI .. took me almost 6 months to reinstall all my Daz content... it was grueling... I decided to only upload stuff I needed first (G..G2..G3.. etc)... then took my time to get the other stuff loaded.  No rush.. you have a whole month to get something posted for this thread.  I'm rootin' for ya... woo wooot woooooooooot!!!

I guess I'm loosing my gang for monthly renders???  Is Independence Day/4th of July throwing you all off???  Remember I'm a little lax with the rules... so anything that is your interpretation from your part of the world is pretty much ok with me :)  I'm working on mine... Half a month to go. 

Ps... Start thinking if you wanna give up my monthly challenge... I have a great idea for next year but I won't post it if no one seems interested any more.  You all think on it :)

Happy Holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Hugzzzzzzzzzz

Llola

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

I'm English, so don't have an Independence Day (many other countries which do are celebrating their independence from us!). So I've gone with the broad concept of gaining independence and becoming free. Hope this is OK.

Title: Towards Independence: Recovery from Trauma

(3Delight, Fotosketcher & Gimp)

Wow @Nattaurk that is amazing render and point on the theme!!!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Great work @nattaruk!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,615

Llola Lane said:

I guess I'm loosing my gang for monthly renders???  Is Independence Day/4th of July throwing you all off???  Remember I'm a little lax with the rules... so anything that is your interpretation from your part of the world is pretty much ok with me :)  I'm working on mine... Half a month to go. 

Ps... Start thinking if you wanna give up my monthly challenge... I have a great idea for next year but I won't post it if no one seems interested any more.  You all think on it :)

Llola

No, don't give up! Challenges are a great way to feed inspiration and encourage people to submit their takes on a common theme. I know I haven't submitted anything to this challenge yet - but as another person from the UK this month's theme hasn't quite sparked any ideas for me. I think that will always happen tho, some people will be more suited to certain topics than others.

I'm sure I will be able to come up with something for December tho and would very much like to hear what you would propose for 2023's verion :)

edited November 2022

@nattaruk, great idea and congrats on thinking outside the box! As a fellow countryman I hadn't been able to come up with something. But perhaps I should think on it some again to see if I can get something done with a more creative interpretation on the idea of an independance day than I had before :)

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,253
    edited November 2022

nattaruk said:

I'm English, so don't have an Independence Day (many other countries which do are celebrating their independence from us!). So I've gone with the broad concept of gaining independence and becoming free. Hope this is OK.

Wow, excellent piece of art you have created.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

nattaruk said:

YAY nattaruk... THANK YOU!!!  You started us off with little under half a month to spare ;)  I love your artwork... and yes.. it fits nicely.  I know other parts of the world don't have a 4th of July... but EVERYONE can relate to Independence???  right?  Well done!

• I just started playing in Daz Studio again after a long haitus. I am not sure how "4th of July" this is, but there's a flag (I made it in Blender.. it's not great but I could get it to wave in there animating it). No fireworks. The dog would not have been happy. They are looking at something interesting though... Who knows what. Ha

Zethara said:

I just started playing in Daz Studio again after a long haitus. I am not sure how "4th of July" this is, but there's a flag (I made it in Blender.. it's not great but I could get it to wave in there animating it). No fireworks. The dog would not have been happy. They are looking at something interesting though... Who knows what. Ha

Oh that's great Zethara... and very 4th of July.... (agreed.. dogs don't like fireworks... so nice of you to oblige them... lol)  Great to have you back working with Daz... I am honored you chose to post in my challenge thread.  ;)  Welcome to the madness!

edited November 2022

Here is my idea of Independence Day!!

Sean has always been a warrior and a big time fighter for the Independence of people, Here he is posing for his victory speech in the up coming Independence Day festivities.

Independance Warrior.png
    900 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Saphirewild said:

Here is my idea of Independence Day!!

Sean has always been a warrior and a big time fighter for the Independence of people, Here he is posing for his victory speech in the up coming Independence Day festivities.

Ha... great Saph.. I voted for him!!!  lol.  (I had to.. or else!!!)  Thanks for keeping this thread alive... I'm still working on mine.

edited November 2022

OK, here is my submission. A bit of a similar theme to my very first gallery submission but suitably different to stand on it's own I think.

So, in this instance the "Independence Day" is the day that a girl moves out of her parents home into her brand new vehicle to start a "Van Life" adventure.

SofaCitizen said:

OK, here is my submission. A bit of a similar theme to my very first gallery submission but suitably different to stand on it's own I think.

So, in this instance the "Independence Day" is the day that a girl moves out of her parents home into her brand new vehicle to start a "Van Life" adventure.

OMG... THAT is perfect!... and totally true... I sure felt like it was my Independence Day when I moved out of my mothers' house into my own apartment.  It was a happy day for me!  Well done SofaCitizen... Thanks for sharing.

edited November 2022

Llola Lane said:

OMG... THAT is perfect!... and totally true... I sure felt like it was my Independence Day when I moved out of my mothers' house into my own apartment.  It was a happy day for me!  Well done SofaCitizen... Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)  Sorry that it's taken me this long to properly join the thread.

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)  Sorry that it's taken me this long to properly join the thread.

Hey.. I always say... 'Better late than never'... ;)  Wonderful to have your artwork included.  

edited November 2022

OK.... Since I did fireworks last month I figure I'd borrow a scene from a famous movie.  Anyone recognize which one it is???

INDEPENDENCE DAY done SIGN.jpg
    1044 x 1044 - 150K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • junkjunk Posts: 1,241

Llola Lane said:

Llola

Llola, honestly I see that Daz overall is less busy. 

• All forum activity seems to be down the last few months by 15-50%. 
    • All gallery activity is down by about the same. 
    • All contests seem to be down by some percent. 
    • DeviantArt.com is way less active since AI exploded on the scene. 
    • Instagram seems 10-25% of the people who created Daz imagery are also creating AI imagery now.

I'm afraid that AI is affecting everyone's outlook not just in Daz3D.  That's my fear.  When someone can create images in less than 10 seconds that is better than a weeks worth of editing can do... I don't see how it couldn't affect all art based software.

Your thoughts?