Weekly Carrara Animation challenge.#1 Theme Fast. Ends March 28 2015

124»

Comments

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839
    edited December 1969

Great job, evilproducer.

Thanks for the comment, Dartanbeck and thanks for all the many other posts of yours I enjoy reading.

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

Starships are fast.
    https://youtu.be/3-OIjdE0CR8

That's some pro looking CGI work there. Good job!

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Er......can I join in the fun?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Cool, DADA! I watched it several times trying to figure out exactly what I was seeing. What was the dark circle in the beginning, how did you make it follow the ship as it flew by, and then that light cone effect at the end, all visually very interesting, wondering what was involved.

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Cool, DADA! I watched it several times trying to figure out exactly what I was seeing. What was the dark circle in the beginning, how did you make it follow the ship as it flew by, and then that light cone effect at the end, all visually very interesting, wondering what was involved.

Lol! Actually, it was a glitch I got tired trying to remove, so I left it there thinking it might add some visual interest and maybe confusion (which seems to be the case!) The AH-9200X - Fast Attack Aircraft comes pre rigged with lots of lights which could overwhelm your scene. I reduced the intensity on as many of them as possible. It also takes some time to know which light is causing what effect (hence me getting tired). I also added a particle emitter (parented to one of the engines) trying to build a smoke trail but having avoided the physics engine for a while, I really didn't know what else to tweak to get what I wanted so I just rendered anyway. So I would say a combination of the particle emitter and the aircraft's lights must be causing the effects you observed.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Try parenting this guy to a jet or whatever.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64199/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Particle-Smoke

It may have been built in a small scene scale, so you may need to increase the particle size. You may also wish to increase the velocity of the particles.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

The AH-9200X - Fast Attack Aircraft comes pre rigged with lots of lights which could overwhelm your scene. I reduced the intensity on as many of them as possible. It also takes some time to know which light is causing what effect (hence me getting tired).
    I know what you mean. When that is the case, ei; when I have a scene full of lights and I'm beginning to have a hard time determining their purpose, I'll often hunt down every last light and delete them - start afresh by myself. I've found that to be much faster.
    edited March 2015

Try parenting this guy to a jet or whatever.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64199/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Particle-Smoke

It may have been built in a small scene scale, so you may need to increase the particle size. You may also wish to increase the velocity of the particles.

Hey thanks Evil Producer, that came in handy. Messed around with it a bit though, just to get a better feel of how the particle emitter settings behave, and then rendered at some point. So there, we now have a smoke trail, looks like the plane is in trouble though, so I had to introduce a calming message for everyone.

@ Dart, yes it seems that's the best way to handle stuff like that. Will be taking that approach if I use that plane for future projects. Good thing too that you can filter through your instances tab to reveal only the lights in the scene instead of hunting for them one after the other down the instances tree list.

Post edited by DADA_universe on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

so whats the next one - 29 today ! ;-)

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Well, I am thinking on a topic . I am open to ideas if you want to post them.

• MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

"Ooops!"

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Mark,
    This is a better topic than the one I posted , this will be week #3 for the challenge.

"Ooops!"
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    so whats the next one - 29 today ! ;-)

Shoot!
    I've missed this one. :(
    Happy belated Birthday bigh!