[Released] FavoRatings [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• john_97a982ce said:

The only question I have is will it work on a DIM-only install-- no use of "Connect" in the least?

There is a problem with the installer, but my products work best when they are installed via DIM.

• RiverSoftArt said:

john_97a982ce said:

The only question I have is will it work on a DIM-only install-- no use of "Connect" in the least?

There is a problem with the installer, but my products work best when they are installed via DIM.

I think the question was whether it would work with DIM installs of content, to which I would think the answer is yes - and I'd think it would also work with manual installs, as long as the files were not moved and the metadata was imported.

• Richard Haseltine said:

RiverSoftArt said:

john_97a982ce said:

I think the question was whether it would work with DIM installs of content, to which I would think the answer is yes - and I'd think it would also work with manual installs, as long as the files were not moved and the metadata was imported.

Ah, thank you Richard.  Yes, it will work for any installs (even without metadata) for the Content Library Favorites and Ratings folder.  For the Hearts and the Stars, it will work with any install that has the metadata.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,196
    edited February 2022

Mine only half works, the file menu is there but no toolbar icons.

Also, the stars and hearts do not show up on the smart content Items.

And when I go to remove some products from the folders by using the scripts most things will remove while others will not remove even after I refresh.

And I would like to ask if the product could be modified to include like ten user folders that could be renamed to store stuff as well. 

My personal experience with this awesome product.

Post edited by RexRed on
    edited February 2022

I really like this product, I wish I could get all the various parts working without too much effort.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,382
    edited February 2022

RexRed said:

Mine only half works, the file menu is there but no toolbar icons.

Also, the stars and hearts do not show up on the smart content Items.

And when I go to remove some products from the folders by using the scripts most things will remove while others will not remove even after I refresh.

And I would like to ask if the product could be modified to include like ten user folders that could be renamed to store stuff as well. 

My personal experience with this awesome product.

You are having the problem with the installer.  See the head post for the "fix" until Daz fixes the installer.  Do you have a toolbar called "Main"? (Hit F3 and look under the Toolbars tab).  The function I called in the script may be case-sensitive too so "main" is not the same as "Main".  If all of that is true, then my logic for when I cannot find the Redo action on the Main toolbar must be wrong (I don't see Redo on the main toolbar when I briefly glanced at your video so this could be true). 

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • john_97a982cejohn_97a982ce Posts: 309
    edited February 2022

I thank you for your replies on the DIM-only install. I see this product as a good way to sort, more than anything else. Thank you for this product.

Post edited by john_97a982ce on
  • john_97a982ce said:

I thank you for your replies on the DIM-only install. I see this product as a good way to sort, more than anything else. Thank you for this product.

You are very welcome!

edited February 2022

After manually copying the files I have everything working great except I have no favoratings toolbar under the file menu.

I have reinstalled the script and restarted Daz several times to no avail.

Okay I found the favoratings items listed when I click F3 under main. How do I get them to load up in the toolbars?

Thanks very much for assisting me in this, your help is much appreciated!

Yay! I got them to work I hit apply, they were disabled! 

I am very excited! 

Could you please consider adding at least 10 user folders to the favoratings product so I can store other groupings of items in them as well?

Thanks for the help!

Post edited by RexRed on
  • GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156
    edited February 2022

FavoRatings Purchased! Thank you, Also I'm loving Smart Collections! It"s so useful. 

Post edited by GhostDog on
  • RexRed said:

After manually copying the files I have everything working great except I have no favoratings toolbar under the file menu.

I have reinstalled the script and restarted Daz several times to no avail.

Okay I found the favoratings items listed when I click F3 under main. How do I get them to load up in the toolbars?

Thanks very much for assisting me in this, your help is much appreciated!

Yay! I got them to work I hit apply, they were disabled! 

Excellent. I am glad you got it working. I wonder why the disabling happened.

I am very excited! 

Could you please consider adding at least 10 user folders to the favoratings product so I can store other groupings of items in them as well?

Unfortunately, that is not really how FavoRatings works.  It keys off the ratings and favorites to supply those groupings.

Thanks for the help!

• DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

I honestly love your products, got quite a few, so I picked this up straight away.

I've been scratching my head for a while; why isn't this working right. Installed it via DIM. Followed your Youtube video (always love any PA who does this btw).

However, even though, I can see the Menu's, can click them, it is maybe doing something, as in the folders it is creating files. In smart content, I don't get the stars and heart overlay.

Your video shows it clearly, so yeah I was confused. Of course I got upto speed, it's proberly a bug in testing when it got packaged up.

Now having read these 2 pages I understand it's an installer problem, but I'm still unclear on how to fix it, without a bit of trial and error. So where do I get these missing files?

• DP WES said:

I honestly love your products, got quite a few, so I picked this up straight away.

I've been scratching my head for a while; why isn't this working right. Installed it via DIM. Followed your Youtube video (always love any PA who does this btw).

However, even though, I can see the Menu's, can click them, it is maybe doing something, as in the folders it is creating files. In smart content, I don't get the stars and heart overlay.

Your video shows it clearly, so yeah I was confused. Of course I got upto speed, it's proberly a bug in testing when it got packaged up.

Now having read these 2 pages I understand it's an installer problem, but I'm still unclear on how to fix it, without a bit of trial and error. So where do I get these missing files?

The files are in the zip files (and I believe they are installed, just in the wrong locations).  Sorry for the inconvenience.

• DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

All working now. Found them all, after I did the filter and images. I honestly don't blame any PA on something like this. This should be of been tested.

Another great tool, great job.

• DP WES said:

All working now. Found them all, after I did the filter and images. I honestly don't blame any PA on something like this. This should be of been tested.

Another great tool, great job.

Thank you very much. I am glad it is working. The PAs never do the installers for a product.  That is the job of Daz testers.  I am to blame in that I did not test their installer before the release date (I rarely do this because it clutters up my DS even more than two versions, i.e., my dev version and the Daz installer version).

• The stars icons aren't showing up for me. Neither are the filters. I'm not show how to fix it.

• Granville said:

The stars icons aren't showing up for me. Neither are the filters. I'm not show how to fix it.

The installer currently has a problem and puts some files in the wrong place.  Please see the first post of the thread.

• I can't find the filters in the zip file.

• Granville said:

I can't find the filters in the zip file.

The zip file contains a folder named "UserDocs" which contains a sub-folder tree DAZ 3D/Studio/ressources/filters. The filters are located there.

• Thank you for the tech support, to add a minor detail, the resources/images folder that you need to move to "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\resources" is under "AppData" folder in the zip for some reason.

As a new user I don't buy often new releases, but  I just had to pick this one up... onwards to learn Content Wizard next!

• Super It works perfectly now!

• marcin.pohjanpalo said:

Thank you for the tech support, to add a minor detail, the resources/images folder that you need to move to "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\resources" is under "AppData" folder in the zip for some reason.

As a new user I don't buy often new releases, but  I just had to pick this one up... onwards to learn Content Wizard next!

Thank you for sharing.  And thank you for the support! smiley

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Granville said:

I can't find the filters in the zip file.

The zip file contains a folder named "UserDocs" which contains a sub-folder tree DAZ 3D/Studio/ressources/filters. The filters are located there.

Thank you Mark_e593e0a5 for always chiming in to help others.  smiley

• Granville said:

Super It works perfectly now!

Great!  I am glad!

• Just to let everyone know, the DAZ installer has now been fixed and is available as an update on DIM smiley

• Thomas63 said:

Just to let everyone know, the DAZ installer has now been fixed and is available as an update on DIM smiley

Yea!  Thank you for confirming. smiley

• Hello,

just to let you know: Filters are still not correctly installed.

• apprentice said:

Hello,

just to let you know: Filters are still not correctly installed.

It's broken again?  How did you install FavoRatings (DIM? Daz Connect)?

• I used DIM. The images were at the right location, but the filters were not in the required folder.

What I found odd: When downloading the zip file the images are under "AppData/.../" but the filters were under "UserDocs/.."

• apprentice said:

I used DIM. The images were at the right location, but the filters were not in the required folder.

What I found odd: When downloading the zip file the images are under "AppData/.../" but the filters were under "UserDocs/.."

So it looks like half of the instructions on the main post still apply:

The filters are installed in a folder in UserDocs.

For Windows, the filters should be located in:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\resources\Filters\Assets\Favorites && Ratings

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\resources\Filters\Products\Favorites && Ratings