Alternative to Mysty's Presets for g3?

2»

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited February 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Vyusur, another great character!

Pardon me for sounding like I haven't been paying attention (except that it is true), but how hard is it to get your newer custom figures into Carrara?  I succeeded with Leon.  Are current figures about the same?  Some seem to be for Poser only.

Can your custom figures wear Genesis clothing very easily? 

Are the custom figures you make compatible with each other?  Can they share poses, clothing, etc?

For current characters, I am relatively content using morph-less Genesis 3 and 8 characters at this point.  Morphs would be nice, but the skin maps are the main draw for me.  Do you provide normal maps (and IRAY maps) for all of your custom figure skin textures? 

I know, a lot of questions. :)

All my figures, except the Poser ones, are beautifully convertible for Carrara using, as well as all related items that come with my figures (hair, clothing, etc.)

Poser figures are not compatible with anything else. Poser format is a regress for my figures due to the Poser rigging which is all legacy. But they are as good as ever possible for this kind of rigging and binding.

As for Genesis items for fitting, they require clones which I don't sell. But there is a whole bunch of recipes for making them on the forum. Usually it's enough to scale the figure to the source figure size, fit the fingertips and toes to the closest position, export to obj, import as a morph in D/S and save it as a clone.

I provide normal maps only where it is required. I don't care about all these divisions on pbr or non-pbr. Usually it's enough for Carrara to use diffuse and bump maps, and anything procedural for specular. Personally, I use normals for veins or micro muscles, or some extreme reliefs like scars.

I pay the most attention to the joints bending. I try to avoid JCMs whenever possible so that my figures look mostly the same in different programs, at least those programs that have the same rigging and support dual quaternion binding.

The elbows and knees of my figure on the picture bellow don't contain a single JCM.

Doc1.jpg
    1300 x 1700 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

My first test of your new Figure.  I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10, due to one minor flaw with the Hip Size morph.  Still a very nice Figure

Iva tesst.JPG
    1922 x 1050 - 228K

ProPose said:

My first test of your new Figure.  I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10, due to one minor flaw with the Hip Size morph.  Still a very nice Figure

Thank you for the heads up and the finding! I will send an update shortly. 

• Vyusur, thanks for the answers!

Vyusur said:

As for Genesis items for fitting, they require clones which I don't sell. But there is a whole bunch of recipes for making them on the forum. Usually it's enough to scale the figure to the source figure size, fit the fingertips and toes to the closest position, export to obj, import as a morph in D/S and save it as a clone.

For me, that is a bit too much of a shamantic dance.

I provide normal maps only where it is required. I don't care about all these divisions on pbr or non-pbr. Usually it's enough for Carrara to use diffuse and bump maps, and anything procedural for specular. Personally, I use normals for veins or micro muscles, or some extreme reliefs like scars.

I use normals in both pbr and non pbr style renders.  And I have found that IRAY materials in general are very useful in Carrara, even without Philemo's plugin.

The only question you missed was, are your characters compatible with one another?  For example, can one share the other's clothing?

The only question you missed was, are your characters compatible with one another?  For example, can one share the other's clothing?

Mostly the clothing will autofit without a question but there will be pokes-through due to the shape differences. Morphs will not be compatible due to different topology.

• Great, thanks for the clarity!

You are fulfilling your vision, and that is the main thing.  We all want somethng slightly different.  Getting your vision to line up with everyone else's - or vice-versa -  is always a challenge. :)

I have enjoyed using your work in the past, and will enjoy using it in the future when it fits my needs.  You are a unique talent, and much appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words, UB.

In the picture bellow, the man has normal maps, female doesn't have them.

I use normals very carefully and selectively cause they can break the surface creating a very hard and harsh border between light and shadow.

I use Philemo's plugins a lot, I also use pbr where is required (Blender for example), but I don't call it so. For me, it's only a certain set of maps in certain channels. The most common parameter for pbr is roughness. In Carrara this effect can be achieved varying shininess and highlight.

Shamanic dances for me is for example creating good topology with the forks in right places. If you can create this kind of topology which works correctly, creating clones for you it's like a splash of champagne for a sailor.

Doc 7.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
  • Whatever your feelings about normals, your actual USE of normals looks very good to me.  That was an excellent comparison in the illustration, thanks.

Maybe creating a clone will not be that hard.  I did appreciate the instructions.

Regarding the term "shamantic dances," it is probably unfair to use it to describe overly complex processes.  I feel that everything I do in Carrara is a shamantic dance. :)   

edited March 2022

Another fine figure by Vyusur, Zara, a stand alone figure available at Rendo.  Sorry, no renders yet.

edit to add

I sent you a PM, hope you don't mind

Post edited by ProPose on

ProPose said:

Another fine figure by Vyusur, Zara, a stand alone figure available at Rendo.  Sorry, no renders yet.

edit to add

I also sent you a PM.

Vyusur said:

ProPose said:

edit to add

I also sent you a PM.

Thank you

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I had made an avatar for the Leon child figure to use in Marvelous Designer.  I don't have the most recent version of MD, but when I get home I plan to make a freebie for Leon as a learning exercise.  Any requests?  I made vintage newsboy pants for Leon in Carrara without any JCMs.  Want a more polished version of those, or something else?  Taking requests.  Seriously, I will be practicing a workflow of MD to Blender to Substance Painter for mesh and textures, and then MD to Blender to Daz Studio and back to Blender for morphs.  Taking requests for a reasonably simple (but not too simple) child's clothing item to practice on.  Hope to post result on my ShareCG site in about two weeks.