Wireframe and Hologram Shaders | Commercial |

MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Wireframe and Hologram Shaders

50% Utility + 100% Fun= Hey wait that's 150%, is that possible? Yup.

It’s time to prepare your deep space characters for a holographic adventure. With this set, 19 shader presets and 12 light presets (six DS default/six AOA) simulate glowing wire-frame mesh and holographic projections. A wide spectrum of color, light, and pattern. Utilize these shaders for a broad range of themes including: military, architecture, astronomy, anatomy, mechanical see-through, transmissions from the mother-ship, requests for help from the space princess, and diabolical commands from the dark side.

The wire-frame shaders do not show the actual mesh, they apply image maps which allow tiling to be adjusted.

See the ReadMe for helpful tips.

Please post any questions here and a it would be nice to see a few renders too!

Wireframe_and_Hologram_Shaders_Marshian_popup_16.jpg
700 x 538 - 430K
Wireframe_and_Hologram_Shaders_Marshian_popup_17.jpg
700 x 538 - 330K
Wireframe_and_Hologram_Shaders_Marshian_popup_13.jpg
700 x 538 - 328K
Wireframe_and_Hologram_Shaders_Marshian_popup_08.jpg
700 x 538 - 365K
Wireframe_and_Hologram_Shaders_Marshian_Main.jpg
700 x 910 - 689K

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

I love these! They look great! I'll be getting them when I get the chance. What city is that on the table with the three gents?

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    I love these! They look great! I'll be getting them when I get the chance. What city is that on the table with the three gents?

Hi SmallFry,
    Thank you! That city is block 15_1 from the free product Dystopia City Blocks 011-020. It's been scaled down to 39.7%

Since this prop has multiple shaders I used the spectrum preset to cast different colors of light on the figures.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

marshian said:
    Wireframe and Hologram Shaders

50% Utility + 100% Fun= Hey wait that's 150%, is that possible? Yup.

I think you've underestimated both the utility and the fun, 150% seems way too low. ;-)
    Grabbed mine, will post something once I find some time to enjoy them (mind you, I'm still trying to find time to enjoy your other products :red: ).
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Those 22 promo renders are terrific!! Congrats to you and anyone who helped you with those. This is going into my cart today... just deciding what to throw in with it to get the extra discount... the offerings are all so interesting today.

• esapesaesapesa Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

They look great and I'm really keen on getting me those. Just one question: Are the shaders compatible with Iray shaders and Iray renderings?

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Did you make the renders in Daz Studio 4.7? It looks like that the AOA did not work in 4.8 because of the different pathnames (DazStudio4 and DazStudio4 Public Build).

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited April 2015

Yet another superbly useful product from your imagination and into my hard drive... Should combine beautifully with your UV shader set for 'virtual' art.

Was especially pleased to see a stylised blueprint option!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162
    edited December 1969

@Marshian - you, Sir, have developed an annoying habit of separating me from my money! Yet another product I just have to have >:-(

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

These slithered into my in-basket without touching the sides! :)

edited December 1969

esapesa said:
    They look great and I'm really keen on getting me those. Just one question: Are the shaders compatible with Iray shaders and Iray renderings?

That it's a good question. I haven't personally used these in Iray but when the testers reviewed this set they said it would be a great fit for it.

edited December 1969

Did you make the renders in Daz Studio 4.7? It looks like that the AOA did not work in 4.8 because of the different pathnames (DazStudio4 and DazStudio4 Public Build).

These renders were created in 4.7. The set includes DS default lights so even if AoA lights perform unexpectedly the default lights should be fine.

Ultimately I have not treated this set in 4.8. DAZ technical support will be able to answer this.

The testers did not suggest any changes the set so that it would work with Iray. Sorry I don't have a better answer at the moment.

edited December 1969

:)

I caved and bought it anyway. Will try it out and get back to you ;)

It looked too good to not buy...

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Just grabbed them :D

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to do with them.....but I want them :D

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

You need to reinstall the AoA lights shaders etc for them to be installed for DS 4.8 to use as well as 4.7, I'm using theAoA lights and shaders in 4.8 without any problems. AoA lights do not work in Iray, the shaders translate ok sometimes. You could possible use the textures and apply the Iray emitter to the object.

edited December 1969

Getting these messages and having these conversations is one of the main highlights of being a PA.
    Thank you!

• barberoybarberoy Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried these with Reality4?

Great promo pics btw

edited December 1969

barberoy said:
    Has anyone tried these with Reality4?

Great promo pics btw

Thanks! I really enjoy creating promo pics- A big part is the thrill of combining all these other artists work with mine.

I'm not sure about Reality4. These shaders use UberSurface and I used most of the channels/settings that are available there. I could not find recent posts in the forum discussing compatibility of the two. At their core the Wireframe and Hologram Shaders use a lot of maps to control the effect- mainly in the ambient and opacity channels, I do have some unusual settings in the velvet channel.

This is a good question, I hope someone can do a test.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

I've had a play in Iray and they don't simple transfer at all well if you use the maps and play with the surface settings using the Emissive shader preset for Iray you can get some cool effects.
    As to Reality 4 I think it would be similar, I have it but I find it a real pain to use.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,384
    edited December 1969

barberoy said:
    ....?

Great promo pics btw

I thought so too, made mention of them in the "Art of the Promo" thread : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26232/P195/

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I've had a play in Iray and they don't simple transfer at all well if you use the maps and play with the surface settings using the Emissive shader preset for Iray you can get some cool effects.
    As to Reality 4 I think it would be similar, I have it but I find it a real pain to use.

Thanks for testing these out with iRAY. What are the limitations you experienced using these shaders with iRAY? I'm interested in buying them but wondered if it's possible to achieve the same effects as in the product promo using the iRAY emissive shader preset?

edited December 1969

I have now tried and tried to render Wireframe in Iray. . But each time DAZ freezes. Especially when I use Wireframe (not alien or hologram).
    It is quite weird and I'm not sure if it is a hardware issue or what.
    However, I do dig the shaders a lot!

One other thing: When I apply the wireframe to genesis it follows the UV (I think) which means that the wires twists and turns all over (especially on the thighs).
    Is there some way around this? So that it looks more like a "true" wireframe?

Thank you for a lovely shaderset!!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

Well.. I have to admit, that I couldn't resist this shader set, and its fun so far. First light with it... As far as iRay, well, I can live wthout Iray support for Daz stuff..

wireframe_shader_test.jpg
    1050 x 1680 - 1M
    edited December 1969

After a bit of fiddling around and testing different settings I think I got it to work properly with Iray.
    I do have to be careful what to apply the shaders to. Some objects really doesn't like it and the results are a no-result. All items from DAZ seems to work like a charm.

Again Thank you!

Here's a quick and dirty test render:

shader_test_2.jpg
    900 x 1273 - 870K
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

MARSHIAN! You YOU are evil! I swore I was going to behave after my MM binge and you just HAD to go put out something I've been dreaming of having access to for going on a good 2 years I think?

I adore the versatility of the Shader set up in DAZ and I've had a blast with yer UV set. Up until now its been my go to for neon type lights and emitters like you see in games like Mass Effect. Now you just completed that set up so I can do this full bore in D|S itself without post working in PS. I can just imagine how much time this will save with things like computer screens.

Ahem so officially: BAD Marshian for separating me from my moneh (but really thanks this is such a great set)

edited December 1969

esapesa said:
    I have now tried and tried to render Wireframe in Iray. . But each time DAZ freezes. Especially when I use Wireframe (not alien or hologram).
    It is quite weird and I'm not sure if it is a hardware issue or what.
    However, I do dig the shaders a lot!

One other thing: When I apply the wireframe to genesis it follows the UV (I think) which means that the wires twists and turns all over (especially on the thighs).
    Is there some way around this? So that it looks more like a "true" wireframe?

Thank you for a lovely shaderset!!

Thanks esapesa! There's really no way to line up the shaders With genesis Uvs, they are too complicated for these seamless maps. I went ahead and included a promo pic with them because I thought it was close enough that it would work.

edited December 1969

barberoy said:
    ....?

Great promo pics btw

I thought so too, made mention of them in the "Art of the Promo" thread : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26232/P195/

thank you First Bastion the one you chose is one of my favorites too, very cool.

edited December 1969

esapesa said:
    After a bit of fiddling around and testing different settings I think I got it to work properly with Iray.
    I do have to be careful what to apply the shaders to. Some objects really doesn't like it and the results are a no-result. All items from DAZ seems to work like a charm.

Again Thank you!

Here's a quick and dirty test render:

esapesa! Ah good news- thanks so much for looking into it and posting your results here!

edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:
    MARSHIAN! You YOU are evil! I swore I was going to behave after my MM binge and you just HAD to go put out something I've been dreaming of having access to for going on a good 2 years I think?

I adore the versatility of the Shader set up in DAZ and I've had a blast with yer UV set. Up until now its been my go to for neon type lights and emitters like you see in games like Mass Effect. Now you just completed that set up so I can do this full bore in D|S itself without post working in PS. I can just imagine how much time this will save with things like computer screens.

Ahem so officially: BAD Marshian for separating me from my moneh (but really thanks this is such a great set)

Thank you Vhardamis! "I may be bad but I feel.....good"
    I really felt like I was filling a hole here with this set, just seemed like a sweet spot. I'd love to see some of your renders (I'm very curious now) if you could post one here or send a link if you have them online somewhere.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730
    edited December 1969

I have been wanting something like this for a while now. Wishlist it for now until I can get it

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Is there anyway to adjust the scaling and divisions on this shader set.

I've been wanting to use my own transparency maps that I have made in photohop but I load and render them I they appear tiled.