51st Bryce Render Challenge! (~peaceful~)

51st Bryce Render Challenge! (Peaceful)

intro:
Man, a lot has changed in the last 2 months. Im sure by now everyone has heard the news. I want to avoid politics in a place like this ( im sure we can all do without it ) but its very heartbreaking seeing the world crumble before you while also threating innoncent human lives with a pinch of Armageddon. With that being said, if you live in Ukraine, have extended family there, or Russian trying to protest in your own country. My heart goes out to you. I don't have alot of power to change things, but I also want to be able to share my sincerities with people who also go through hard times,  in anyway I can.  So I want this contest to be something that can be we can hopefully all relate too, and enjoy together. 

Bryce Contest #51 

Theme:   P e a c e f u l 

Description: 

Whatever brings to your mind. The image of transience, relaxation, letting go, and Zen. 

Rules

•  

All renders must be new renders.

•  

You can enter up to 3 renders.

•  

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

•  

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

•  

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

• Please submit your works before the deadline

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends April 15th 2022:  (Extra time will be given if needed)

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honorable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose

Comments

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Apoc, what a wonderful Theme ... and I think we will see here wonderful peaceful Pictures.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,986

Apoc - I agree lovely theme

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited March 2022

no 1  "Lookout"

peaceful2a.png
    1754 x 875 - 3M
    peaceful2b.png
    1754 x 875 - 4M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Spuddy - a wonderful start to this challenge. This is really a nice and peaceful place.

Spuddy - I agree a wonderful scene love the clouds

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Apoc, great and fitting theme.

Spuddy, that is an amazing render. Love the colours and the sky. Very peaceful view.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

Apoc : great theme.

spuddy : outstanding, very peaceful image, the sky the vegetation, everything fits perfectly.

• @ Apoc: Great theme.

@ Spuddy: Really peacful place. The vegetation and the sky is fantastic.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

spuddy - lovely scene, especially the vegetation, I'd love to be there now!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,107
    edited March 2022

spuddy - very nice entry (inspired me), beautifully rich vegetation. A tiny bit of haze towards the horizon could probably help to blur the sharp water-sky line.

My first entry.
    Title: Wide View
    Used: Michael and Victoria, Hyper Textures Expansion (from Daz 3D), Illhorn HDRI (comes with Bryce 7.1)
    Note: Camera FOV 180°.

Wide View

WideView.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 207K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2022

Horo     a lovely place to be  not sure about the distortion to the male but you would prob get that using a fisheye lense to get the whole scene in  just grabs my eye a bit too much though esp as he is in dark clothes

thank you everyone............horizon line defined or softer?  I did soften the horizon and am torn because in a very clear atmosphere the horizon can be pretty sharp that said the harder it is the more it draws the eye away from the real focus 

here is a version with a softer horizon I will need to decide at a later date which one I go with

peaceful2c.png
    1754 x 875 - 4M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Horo: beautiful entry too.

Spuddy: the second version is a little bit better.

edited March 2022

yellow Pen  Thank you for your input much appreciated

no 2 perhaps.... " Wild Swim "

just waiting for the turtle

peaceful shore2.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    peaceful shore2.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Horo - Superb entry

Spuddy - I also like the second version of "Lookout", "Wild swin" is also an amazing entry, well done.

spuddy - thank you. No fisheye, rectangular 180° Bryce camera but yes, of course, you get distortions at the borders. The pole of the signpost in the HDRI is also not round. I fiddled long with Michael's distortion and matching the cast shadow with the one from the pole. Victoria is in the centre of the picture and the proportions therefore correct. Getting the shadow colours to match with the one in the HDRI also took me quite a while.

I find the haze line at the horizon an improvement but think it is a tad sharp. But I know it can be very difficult to have the haze fade upwards correctly. I hope you know that the Cumulus cloud height also controls the haze, even if the clouds as such are disabled.

The second one Waiting for the Turtle looks great, I think the colour of the rather shallow water matches the ground perfectly - and where the water gets deeper at the lower right corner really makes it look perfect - unfortunately, this makes it somehow less eye catching.

mermaid - thank you.

thank you mermaid

thanks horo for the imput   no I meant if you had used a fisheye lense to take a photo not that you had used it in the render

cheers

Horo : wide view : great place to be, awesome image.

spuddy : I agree with the others, the 2nd version of "lookout" is better.

Wild swim : very well done render, great atmosphere.

edited March 2022

Thank you adbc.

My second entry.
    Title: Peaceful Talk
    Used: Hitomi and Noggin's Macow (Daz 3D, not in shop anymore), Palm tree made with Arbaro, grass Bryce trees, backdrop self made HDRI.
    Note: Rendered with Depth of Field.

Peaceful Talk

PeacefulTalk.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 347K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo a very cute entry, I really like it.

edited March 2022

spuddy - I agree that your altered "Lookout" is better than the original. Your "Wild Swim" is really great too.

Horo - "Wide View" is lovely, it really reminds me of some of my holiday snaps (including the stretched person at the edge!). "Peaceful Talk" is a fun idea, and your "tree grass" works rather well.

Post edited by MelanieL on

mermaid - thank you.

MelanieL - thank you. The idea of using Bryce trees for the grass came from Slepalex and also (a tiny bit different) David Brinnen some years ago.

Horo : Peaceful talk is a cool idea, very well done, I really like it.

Thank you adbc.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited March 2022

@ Horo:
    Wide View - truly a fantastic view. The fisheye lens effect is strong here, but appropriate. As if from a webcam at the viewpoint.
    Peaceful Talk - really good tree grass. The DOF is excellent.

@Spuddy: The second version of the first picture is slightly better. The horizon is much softer in transition.
    Wild Swim - Very nice atmosphere. the turtle is a little hard to spot, but it's not just giant turtles, so why not.

My first entry:

Meditation:

Meditation.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by drachenlords on

drachenlords - thank you. Beautiful idea and beautifully done, great lighting.

drachenlords - nice composition, lovely golden lighting - peaceful indeed!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Spuddy, last version of your lookout is even better. And the Wild Swim is a great render.

Horo, perspective in your first one is a bit weird, I think. Your second entry is great also with the DOF that you used.

drachenlords, Wonderful scene, great lights

drachenlords : very good idea, beautiful lighting, very peaceful.

Thanks everyone

Horo    Peaceful Talk  nice idea  nicely rendered

Drachenlords     Meditation   lovely image lovely golden light and atmosphere

Spuddy: Wild Swim is beautiful.

Horo: Peaceful talk is cute... and with the DOF Render its perfect.

Drachenlords: Meditation is beautiful too. The light is perfect.