51st Bryce Render Challenge! (~peaceful~)

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,154

Hansmar - really lovely image, very peaceful indeed.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,008

Hansmar - thanks for the comment, superb entry - Peaceful Evening

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Soooo and here`s my second entry:

Friends forever.

Friends forever.jpg
    900 x 500 - 88K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,135

Beautiful entry, Yellow Pen.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,104
    edited April 2022

Yellow Pen : wow, beautiful peaceful atmosphere, the horses look happy.

My second entry : Tranquility.

Background temple free from Sketchfab (Prasin Shreshta), statue : free object, Bryce trees.

Tranquility.jpg
    1643 x 462 - 214K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - another very beautiful and peaceful entry. In my personal view I find there is a bit much haze and the temple almost invisible.

Horo: thank you for the nice comment.

adbc: thank you too - and your "Tranquility" is a beautiful entry  -  like a dream.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

Drachenlords, adbc, Horo, Yellow Pen, MelanieL, mermaid, Thanks very much. The silhouette-like view was, of course, intentional.

Yellow Pen, these pals have a lovely time in this dynamic render.

Adbc. Very peaceful indeed. I agree with the comment by Horo that the haze is possibly too present. If we consider that the statue should be the centre-piece, I think this could be more visible.

edited April 2022

Yellow Pen : thank you.

Horo, Hansmar : thanks for the comments. In the first version I moved the temple and the statue as far as possible to have the effect of a distant background, maybe too far. For the second version of Tranquility I moved both forward, compared the two versions and I must agree that the second version "might" be better. I certainly value your constructive remarks.

Tranquility_.jpg
    1643 x 462 - 220K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - ah yes, now are the "important" parts well in view.

Horo : thank you !

Yellow Pen - beautiful pair, superb render, I love the concept

Adbc - both the Tranquility entries are well done, I like the hazy effect of the 1st one.

mermaid : thank you. Those 2 renders were already made, I first chose to post the hazy one, Horo is right though now the important parts are visible, just a bit confused now.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

mermaid peaceful abode is very pretty ....well done

Yellow Pen thanks ...Friends Forever beautiful entry .....well done

adbc thanks   Tranquility very pretty entry.... well done

Hansmar thanks  peaceful evening great mood the silhouette works well .... well done

Mermaid: thank you for your nice comment.

adbc: I like your Second one of Tranquility a little bit better.

Yellow Pen - very pretty scene, I like the bushes especially and yes, those horses do look happy!

adbc - lovely scene, I rather like the misty first verison, but I think I slightly prefer the second version.

Spuddy - thanks

spuddy, Yellow Pen, MelanieL : thank you !

Spuddy, thanks.

adbc, Yes, now the statue, which I think is the main subject, is more visible. But now the complete scene is almoste completely sharp, which is a pity. I think you can find a middle way between almost completely sharp and too hazy for the statue (and temple). If you play with the haze settings, you might get a slightly more hazy but still well visible statue. You could also think about puting a shaft of light onto the statue to make it the clear point of attention. If you have David/Horo's lenses, you could consider one of those as well, e.g. by having a clear centre and a slightly fuzzier outside.

• @Yellow Pen:
    Friends forever - beautiful horse and unicorn scene. But if the dragon in the sky is hungry, the friendship could end quite quickly ;-)

@adbc:
    Tranquility - very mystical. I find the first version a bit too foggy, the second a bit too clear. an intermediate value would be ideal here.

edited April 2022

Hansmar : thank you for your comment, what your explain is in fact what I wanted to achieve, I reworked it with a better balance. 

drachenlords : thank you, you are right as well.

So for now Tranquility 3.

Tranquility 3.jpg
    1643 x 462 - 215K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • @adbc:
    Yes, the picture has depth, it looks mystical and peaceful. Very nice.

edited April 2022

adbc - I think this 3rd version is excellent. After a day or so, I also thought the 2nd version has perhaps the temple a bit too obvious but was afraid to "critisise" after my first kudos. I was glad to read Hansmars remark and now I think this last version has the haze perfect.

Post edited by Horo on

adbc - ah yes, third time pays for all! Now the statue is clear but the temple less intrusive.

Horo : thank you. I don't take comments as "critics", more like "advice". 

MelanieL : thanks.

drachenlords : thank you. Overlooked your comment.

Adbc - I agree with the others, beautiful entry

adbc, Yes, that is what I was thinking you would be able to do! Now it has indeed both depth and focus on the major subject. Very well done.

mermaid : thank you.

Hansmar : thank you for the comment and the help.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited April 2022

What a fun challenge! As usual everyone has done such an excellent and imaginative interpretation of the theme.
    My first entry: “Off Grid Cabin".
    Can't think of anything more restful. Terrain created back in 2009 from some experiments I did with using the DTE as the source for the height map. Volumetric cloud slab and Bryce trees. Log cabin from DAZ3D.  Rendered at normal AA, in about 20 hours (because of the volumetric clouds.)

Off_grid_cabin.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 615K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on