Carrara Challenge XVII - Wonder of my World - WINNERS

2»

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone, brilliant renders :)

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all participants, the winners and thanks to those who voted for this contest.
    Many, many thanks to Stonemason, Daz and of course, Stezza, to hosting this challenge

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay, but still waiting for Stonemason to log in and pick his fav..

In the meantime if the winners can browse the DAZ shop & Stonemason Shop to pick your goodies I'll PM you all ASAP for your choices ;-)

and MDO2010 you can start thinking about your topic for the next challenge as I pass the hosting over to you lol :-)

• sukyLsukyL Posts: 251
    edited December 1969

Congratulations MDO2010, pimpy, Varsel, and evilproducer! Great job, Stezza!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited June 2015

I do want to add Stezza did a stellar job hosting this one, way above and beyond in my opinion, so wanted to add my congrats to him as well, and kudos for Daz and Stonemason for sponsoring as well

Post edited by Jonstark on
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.. I really wanted to pump this one and to show the Carrara'ists that were holding back thinking it's to hard that something can be knocked together rather simply and quickly..

It didn't work as well as I would of liked, but at least I won't die wondering lol

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177
    edited December 1969

hi guys..my pick would be entry # 8, nice composition and storytelling

Cheers
    Stefan

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,344
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all of the winners and all of the contestants.
    Big thank-you to Stonemason & DAZ for being Sponsors.
    Also a big thank-you to Stezza for being a great host !!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone had to beat me in a tie-breaker I'm glad it was EP as I love the way he provides a detailed explanation with his work (It was also a very nice render) !!!!!!!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited June 2015

Congratulations to everyone. Thanks to Stezza for an inspiring theme and DAZ and Stonemason for their sponsorship and support.

I was not expecting to win again so soon and am at a bit of a loss for a theme idea. The only thing I've come up with as a possibility is "Graphic Novels" - it would be more of a style challenge than a theme really, since a graphic novel can cover any genre and I would hope it would encourage people to play with non photo-realistic styles, with story telling and with the layout (although a multi-panel final image would absolutely NOT be a requirement). I'm just not sure how broad the appeal of that theme would be though, so I'm not really committed to it yet.

I'd love to hear people's opinions on that idea or any other suggestions for the next theme! Post them here or PM me with thoughts and ideas. :)

Thanks,
    Mark

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

I'd be happy with graphic novels but that's what I do sometimes in another life ....

Someone suggested simple themes SciFi, Romance etc. So maybe a one word theme would be open to wider interpretation.

The other thing I'd personally like to see is 'use a plugin" (there are enough that don't cost money but also I have plugins I never used because I wasn't smart enough to understand the directions.....) But I think that would discourage new people who are having enough trouble just getting to grips with carrara's interface etc without introducing a more complicated element.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all those that placed in the challenge! You all did incredible work!

Thank you also to all those that took the time to vote!

A big thank you to Stezza for doing such a wonderful job hosting and publicizing the challenge. I think the lower amount of entries had more to do with timing than with anything else. You were a great cheerleader and a true inspiration!

I also wanted to thank the fine sponsors: DAZ3D and Stonemason.

Finally, than you for all the kind words about my entry.

edited June 2015

Entry #6

Artist: evilproducer

Title: Low Orbit

a simple image, much like Evil wink but it works real good

I especially thought my critique of your work was good ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone!

MDO2010, that already looks like a great theme and from your post on the other thread, you're obviously on to a great start with the new challenge.

P.S. Well done Stezza, must be a relief to have successfully seen that to the end.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Entry #6

Artist: evilproducer

Title: Low Orbit

a simple image, much like Evil wink but it works real good

I especially thought my critique of your work was good ;)

I must have missed that one. Was that before or after I made fun of Vegamite? ;-)

edited December 1969

Easy to miss ! ;) Vegemite? Isn't that an American company ? ;) we let them buy it when we found out what was really in it !

edited December 1969

Collecting the winners info slowly...

Reminder that I need all the winners email address here at DAZ before I can send the info off to DAZ & Stonemason.. ( a few have omitted that info )

as soon as I get all the info I shall send it off..... evil? ;-)

Had some Cadbury's Vegemite chocolate yesterday.. a new product

yummy :-)

vegemitechoc.jpg
    599 x 596 - 27K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Congratulations to everyone. Thanks to Stezza for an inspiring theme and DAZ and Stonemason for their sponsorship and support.

I was not expecting to win again so soon and am at a bit of a loss for a theme idea. The only thing I've come up with as a possibility is "Graphic Novels" - it would be more of a style challenge than a theme really, since a graphic novel can cover any genre and I would hope it would encourage people to play with non photo-realistic styles, with story telling and with the layout (although a multi-panel final image would absolutely NOT be a requirement). I'm just not sure how broad the appeal of that theme would be though, so I'm not really committed to it yet.

I'd love to hear people's opinions on that idea or any other suggestions for the next theme! Post them here or PM me with thoughts and ideas. :)

Thanks,
    Mark

That sounds like an interesting challenge to me.

edited December 1969

Stonemason's prizes has been PM'd to Stefan,

Just awaiting on one for the DAZ prize allocation.. ;-)

I never realised this part of the challenge would be the most hardest.. lol

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Stonemason's prizes has been PM'd to Stefan,

Just awaiting on one for the DAZ prize allocation.. ;-)

I never realised this part of the challenge would be the most hardest.. lol

You think that's bad? Try allocating prizes during their X-mas sales period.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited June 2015

Carrara Challenge #18: Graphic Novel
    The WIP thread for the next Carrara Challenge is officially open: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57301/

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone..

All info has been forwarded onto DAZ & Stonemason..

Now to think about MDO2010's challenge....