Issues with Mortem Vetus products

madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am having trouble getting a couple of the Mortem Vitus products to work. I asked them on runtime DNA and they said there are discussions about their products and DAZ in these forums but I was unable to find any on the search. The two products I am having trouble getting to work are" Book of Spells" and "Call to Arms - Swords 1". I put the folders in different runtimes and even the subfolders driectly into My DAZ3D library folder, but I am still getting nothing. Can someone please help with this?

Thank you ahead of time!

Bruce

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

What exactly is the problem you have with the items?
    Not loading, not showing up...?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited May 2015

If you didn't install with DIM then re-import your meta data. A little more info about your problem would be helpful.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    If you didn't install with DIM then re-import your meta data. A little more info about your problem would be helpful.

RDNA product, will be found in your Poser library under figures or props probably Mortem Vetus or MV
    I do not have those item but other stuff by them
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

typically you wouldn't be putting other stores packs in your DIM default folder.

• madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

There are no DIM files for these products...
    This is the third time someone has asked me about DIM files and as far as I know the only products that have a DIM are DAZ studio products.
  • NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

I am having trouble getting a couple of the Mortem Vitus products to work. I asked them on runtime DNA and they said there are discussions about their products and DAZ in these forums but I was unable to find any on the search. The two products I am having trouble getting to work are" Book of Spells" and "Call to Arms - Swords 1". I put the folders in different runtimes and even the subfolders driectly into My DAZ3D library folder, but I am still getting nothing. Can someone please help with this?

Thank you ahead of time!

Bruce

You need to put the folders in your poser library, not your MyDAZ3D Library.

I do see that you tried putting them in different runtime folders though.

Can you post a screenshot of the folders from the actual product?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

RDNA product, will be found in your Poser library under figures or props probably Mortem Vetus or MV
    I do not have those item but other stuff by them

Thanks, I was able locate the base item for the Book of Spells there but I am still unable to locate the materials for different covers of the book, and the weapons are not in there.

Are there any other folders the textures for the book, or the "Call to Arms - Swords 1" might be?

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    What exactly is the problem you have with the items?
    Not loading, not showing up...?

I was able to locate the book prop but not the materials for the different covers with the direction of another in this thread. I also still can't locate the "Call to Arms - Swords 1" anywhere. It does not show up at all in my folders through the DAZ3D content directory.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited December 1969

As dinopt says, you wouldn't usually put the files from a non-DIM item in the My DAZ 3D Library folder (though sometimes, as with fourth generation morph sets, that's not avoidable). You want to merge the Runtime from the zip with the Runtime in \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library in your documents folder, then look for the content under Poser Formats>My Library in the Content Library pane.

edited May 2015

What I had done was move The "My Library" folder under DAZ 3D/Studio with the "My Library" folder under "My DAZ3D Library". I was trying to simplify things a bit and get some folders to merge so it would be easier to locate some things. But that apparently doesn't work very well. I had to copy the My Library folder under "My DAZ3D Library" back over to the DAZ 3D/Studio folder. It is a whopping 2.5 gb in size so I deleted the folder under "My DAZ3D Library". So far it seems I am able to find everything just fine so far. I still have loads of content from Renderosity, RDNA, Wilmap, etc to install.

I just hope I put everything in the right folders this time as I have duplicate folders of a lot of things in "My DAZ3D Library" that are also in the runtime folders of "My Library", which I did because I was having trouble getting some things to work.

Thank you all for the help!

Post edited by madmaxneo1 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What I had done was move The "My Library" folder under DAZ 3D/Studio with the "My Library" folder under "My DAZ3D Library". I was trying to simplify things a bit and get some folders to merge so it would be easier to locate some things. But that apparently doesn't work very well. I had to copy the My Library folder under "My DAZ3D Library" back over to the DAZ 3D/Studio folder. It is a whopping 2.5 gb in size so I deleted the folder under "My DAZ3D Library". So far it seems I am able to find everything just fine so far. I still have loads of content from Renderosity, RDNA, Wilmap, etc to install.

I just hope I put everything in the right folders this time as I have duplicate folders of a lot of things in "My DAZ3D Library" that are also in the runtime folders of "My Library", which I did because I was having trouble getting some things to work.

Thank you all for the help!

The probem was that you ended up with a nested structure...the My Library folder should not have been placed into My Daz3D Library...but if its contents were, everything would have probably been fine.

edited May 2015

mjc1016 said:

The probem was that you ended up with a nested structure...the My Library folder should not have been placed into My Daz3D Library...but if its contents were, everything would have probably been fine.

I did have everything in there and some things didn't show up at all and some others didn't work at all. I had a product I purchased from RDNA a character for G2F (Chloe I believe) I found all the stuff for it but whenever I loaded it up I would get these missing file errors and the UV's didn't fit correctly. I went in and checked like 4 times and the files were there but just not working. I thought I may have had a virus or something until I noticed the the file structure in the error message. It was looking for the files under DAZ 3d/studio/My Library, but I had moved everything to the other location. When I moved the entire contents of the MY Library folder to DAZ 3d/studio/My Library it all started working just fine.

Do you know where I should place products from Renderosity (RO)?
    Should I place them in the My Library under runtime or place the contents from runtime directly into the My Library folder?

Bruce

Post edited by madmaxneo1 on
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

Whenever I get stuff from Rendo or elsewhere, it goes into My Library. I suppose I could clean up the structure, but I simply take the Zip, unzip it, look at the directory structure, and deposit it directly into My Library.

That means, if it's Runtime, it goes into Runtime. If it's something else, that's where it goes. Runtime, People, Props, Shaders, etc. I haven't had an issue.

One of these days, I'll reshuffle the directory structure... but at the moment, it's all pretty raw. My stuff is only in Gigabytes, not Terabytes... so I know where it all is, in general, even if it's a mess.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

If you are using DIM for Daz purchases and the CMS feature you should not be putting off site purchased items in the same library folder as the DIM installed ones. Its been stated several times on the forum that this breaks your content.

The easiest thing to do would be to make a separate folder for your manually installed content. You can name that whatever you like. You just need to remember to point D|S to that folder as well.

Example I've got my default My daz3D Library folder the I've got 2 others: My 3D Freebies & My 3D Rendo.

Trying to cram all content into one folder really doesn't make it easier to find anything in fact its got the opposite affect. For ease of finding content yer better off setting up categories in D|S then futzing with a bunch of files that aren't meant to be front facing / touched.

edited December 1969

The problem is the runtime folder does not show up in the DAZ content directory. The only time it did was when I had the "My Library" folder under My DAZ3D Library. But I could not call anything in there up at all through DAZ.
    I remember reading somewhere that content from other sites that is in a runtime folder does not go into the runtime folder in DAZ because that runtime is meant for programs like Poser. I have had a few problems with some of the content not working that I put in the runtime folders but then again some of the content did work ok.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2015

I don't have these specific products, but I have quite a selection of MV products, and I can tell you that they do not do DS files. They do Poser products. Now, with that said..

In the zip file you downloaded, there was most likely a folder named Runtime. You merge this folder with the Runtime folder that's inside whatever folder you have mapped as your DS content library. For example:

My Daz3d Library (this would be the folder you map)
    ..\People
    ..\Runtime
    ..\etc

OR

My Library (this would be the folder you map)
    ..\People
    ..\Runtime

Or

Squidmonkeys (this would be the folder you map)
    ..\People
    ..\Runtime

It really doesn't matter what the library's name is, just that the top level folder is the one mapped (top level folder being the one containing the Runtime folder).

To find the content, since you're using Daz Studio, finding Mortem Vetus products requires you to use the Content Library window (Window > Panes > Content Library). You will not have metadata/smart content for their products. With this window open, you go to Poser Formats > Library and either Figures or Props.

The Book of Spells is a CR2, so it will be found in Figures.
    Call to Arms are smart props, so they will be found in Props.

The materials for both will either be in the Pose folder or the Materials folder. Book of Spells says it comes with "MAT Poses", so those are most likely in the Pose folder.

MortemVetus is made up of a husband and wife team, Andi/Andrew and Tracey. These products were released before they made the change to MortemVetus, so you may also find these under Mutedbanshee, B_A_T (though I don't see Brahann in the credits, so this one's unlikely), Andi3d, or A3D-MB.

/edit
    If your libraries look like this:

My Daz3D Library
    ..\My Library
    ..\People
    ..\Runtime

.. and the My Daz3D Library is the one you have mapped, then you have nested directories and it needs to be corrected before anything will work properly.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

The problem is the runtime folder does not show up in the DAZ content directory. The only time it did was when I had the "My Library" folder under My DAZ3D Library. But I could not call anything in there up at all through DAZ.
    I remember reading somewhere that content from other sites that is in a runtime folder does not go into the runtime folder in DAZ because that runtime is meant for programs like Poser. I have had a few problems with some of the content not working that I put in the runtime folders but then again some of the content did work ok.

3 things to keep in mind here:

1) ONLY content with Daz's specific meta data will show up in smart content tab if thats the one yer referring to.
    2) are you 200% certain you had all folders pathed for DAZ to find said content? The folder needs to be pathed under all 3 file types, Daz, poser and other
    3) and lastly products made specifically for poser only will only show under the poser folder in the content file tree

Can you get us a screen cap of your edit>options>preferences>content directory manager screen? That was we can see the paths to see if they are set up the right way.

edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:
    The folder needs to be pathed under all 3 file types, Daz, poser and other

I have never put anything under Other. Only Poser Format and Daz Format are required for DS content, but only Poser Format is required for Poser content that has no DS files.
    edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:
    If you are using DIM for Daz purchases and the CMS feature you should not be putting off site purchased items in the same library folder as the DIM installed ones. Its been stated several times on the forum that this breaks your content.

The easiest thing to do would be to make a separate folder for your manually installed content. You can name that whatever you like. You just need to remember to point D|S to that folder as well.

Example I've got my default My daz3D Library folder the I've got 2 others: My 3D Freebies & My 3D Rendo.

Trying to cram all content into one folder really doesn't make it easier to find anything in fact its got the opposite affect. For ease of finding content yer better off setting up categories in D|S then futzing with a bunch of files that aren't meant to be front facing / touched.

All the DIM stuff goes into the MY DAZ3D Library folder, all the downloaded stuff goes into the My Library folder, so they are not in the same place. I know I have placed some items into the My DAZ3D folder that weren't DIM's but they were specifically for DAZ3D, so no harm there.

It's easier for me when everything is under one folder. Which is why I put all the freebie stuff and purchases from other websites into my library. I would like to go through and simplify it even more and make folders for things like weapons and put all the weapons into that folder minus a lot of the added folders the developers put in there. Right now I have weapons in places like a pose folder or even figures folders, and this is because the creator of such content put the folder structure in place.

For me it is harder to find specific content when there are different folder structures to go through.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I don't have these specific products, but I have quite a selection of MV products, and I can tell you that they do not do DS files. They do Poser products. Now, with that said..

/edit
    If your libraries look like this:

My Daz3D Library
    ..\My Library
    ..\People
    ..\Runtime

.. and the My Daz3D Library is the one you have mapped, then you have nested directories and it needs to be corrected before anything will work properly.

Thanks for the reply and help but it seems everything has worked out. FYI the Spell book files are under Pose and if they are under any other place they don't work correctly.

edited May 2015

Only the materials for the book should be in \Runtime\Libraries\Pose. The actual figure (cr2) files should be under \Runtime\Libraries\Character. The Character folder shows up as Figures in the content window. If you're saying the CR2 files are in the Pose folder, then that's not quite right.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

Most of the DS materials for Non-DAZ stuff is under Pose. Sometimes, they are in Material, but the majority isn't.

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Most of the DS materials for Non-DAZ stuff is under Pose. Sometimes, they are in Material, but the majority isn't.

While true of things that have DS materials, these specific items don't. MortemVetus don't do DS anything.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited December 1969

The Runtime (and Data) folders should not appear in the Content Library. if you can see them then things have been installed in the wrong place. The Poser library folders (Camera, Character, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Materials, Pose, Props and Scene under \Runtime\Libraries) will appear as the libraries under Poser Formats>Install Folder (though in some cases the name in the Content Library will not be the literal folder name - character appears as Figures, for example).

edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:

All the DIM stuff goes into the MY DAZ3D Library folder, all the downloaded stuff goes into the My Library folder, so they are not in the same place. I know I have placed some items into the My DAZ3D folder that weren't DIM's but they were specifically for DAZ3D, so no harm there.

It's easier for me when everything is under one folder. Which is why I put all the freebie stuff and purchases from other websites into my library. I would like to go through and simplify it even more and make folders for things like weapons and put all the weapons into that folder minus a lot of the added folders the developers put in there. Right now I have weapons in places like a pose folder or even figures folders, and this is because the creator of such content put the folder structure in place.

For me it is harder to find specific content when there are different folder structures to go through.

My point is you are actually making it harder on yourself though by trying to organize the content folders themselves. Within D|S itself you can make category folders. in those you can put everything in folders that make sense to you like all trees in one, all clothes in another, etc. Installed folders don't need to be touched for that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited December 1969

I have my DAZ library and a NOT DAZ content library on my drive, all RDNA, Rendo etc stuff goes there, if you unzip first in downloads you can copy and merge the runtime and other folders (on Windows at least, Mac I think you need to go down to the sub folders where named the same and do actual files or it overwrites)
    only things that have to go in your DAZ content are studio duf format triax figure morphs and UV's in Data AFAIK.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:

how exactly does it break content? I'm curious as I've used one runtime now since I first installed ds 4 and not had any problems except for the odd nested folder which is easy to fix. I have everything organised in the categories area including all my poser content.
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

It is not that it automatically breaks content so much as it creates the potential for breaking. DAZ products structure their files and folders in a way that you don't have to worry about one product overwriting the files of another product. With stuff from other sites there is no way to be sure they won't conflict so it is wise to have a separate library for each site you get products from.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    It is not that it automatically breaks content so much as it creates the potential for breaking. DAZ products structure their files and folders in a way that you don't have to worry about one product overwriting the files of another product. With stuff from other sites there is no way to be sure they won't conflict so it is wise to have a separate library for each site you get products from.
    I've not had that problem so far maybe I've been lucky...still not sure how it could happen though as most vendors use vanity folders at least that's been my experience.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    jestmart said:
    I've not had that problem so far maybe I've been lucky...still not sure how it could happen though as most vendors use vanity folders at least that's been my experience.

Pen, I think it is not all that likely to happen...in ALL the content I've installed from other sites, the only times I've ever seen something get overwritten were in vendor named texture folders...and 99.99% of the time it was something like the same refmap in several different products.

What's more likely to happen is that it will break the DIM's ability to automatically/correctly update content. But since I don't (can't) use the DIM to actually install content, I'm not bothered by it.