Issues with Mortem Vetus products

2»

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Pendraia said:
    jestmart said:
    It is not that it automatically breaks content so much as it creates the potential for breaking. DAZ products structure their files and folders in a way that you don't have to worry about one product overwriting the files of another product. With stuff from other sites there is no way to be sure they won't conflict so it is wise to have a separate library for each site you get products from.
    I've not had that problem so far maybe I've been lucky...still not sure how it could happen though as most vendors use vanity folders at least that's been my experience.

Pen, I think it is not all that likely to happen...in ALL the content I've installed from other sites, the only times I've ever seen something get overwritten were in vendor named texture folders...and 99.99% of the time it was something like the same refmap in several different products.

What's more likely to happen is that it will break the DIM's ability to automatically/correctly update content. But since I don't (can't) use the DIM to actually install content, I'm not bothered by it.

Thanks...I think you're right it is unlikely to happen. I do use dim but haven't had problems with that either. I would only see that happening if you were saving zips from other sites in the same spot as the DIM ones. Which I don't do...