BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is »ᴥᴥ» MOVIE SCENES «ᴥᴥ«

1235»

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    @ Chohole - i took your advice and made a few small adjustments to the image, hopefully this one is a bit more clearer :)

Still not at all clear on my set up

Still a bit too dark here too; both laptop and tablet. I did notice last night that I could see the dark image better when it was dark and I was viewing my screen without any ambient light in my eyes. It could be that you aren't seeing your image properly if you are working in a dark environment, or perhaps your screen needs adjusted and recalibrated.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

ok i think my screens Gama settings were tampered with, this is the last one i promise :)

if this one dose not work then ill scratch this one from the comp, also sorry for wasting every ones time

Wolfman_2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 348K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ok i think my screens Gama settings were tampered with, this is the last one i promise :)

if this one dose not work then ill scratch this one from the comp, also sorry for wasting every ones time

Tim I did this by overlaying your dark one over the light one

Wolfman_1_merge.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 281K
    edited December 1969

it looks all most comic like :) ...cool affect though :D

edited June 2015

I enjoy playing with Photoshop layers, can get some cool effects, and even more so if you also use filters.

My favourites are a set meant for digital photos http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I enjoy playing with Photoshop layers, can get some cool effects, and even more so if you also use filters.

My favourites are a set meant for digital photos http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

I tend to use Layers but not on my renders, on my photos.

Some Levels and Sharpening on your image.

werewolf-1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 210K
    edited December 1969

@ Fishtales - yeah thanks :) ....that is kind of what i were going for in the first place but because my screen settings it it did not show...hopefully i have fixed that problem now :)

@chohole - thank you for sharing :)

@ everyone - sorry for hijacking this thread :)

edited December 1969

That's what WIP threads are for

edited December 1969

@chohole, thanks :)

so i decided to re render the the scene with better settings on my screen....hopefully this shows correctly and will be my last attempt :) ...thanks for being patient with me :)

Wolfman_1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 364K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman. The last version looks very good to me. Though I also do like Chohole's variant a lot!

edited December 1969

@Hansmar, thank you :)

edited June 2015

so i decided to re render the the scene with better settings on my screen....hopefully this shows correctly and will be my last attempt :) ...thanks for being patient with me :)

Sitting outside on my tablet and that looks a lot better. I can see the colour of the eyes too that wasn't visible before. Well worth checking your monitor setting regularly when working with graphics.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman : "Wolfman" last entry is very good !
    "Anaconda" is a nice image, the snake in the shadow, the trees letting the sunshine through.
    @Hansmar : well done, very detailed.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Yellowpen and adbc thanks for your comments...
    @bullit35744...Dragon Heart is a very nice image... That is one big dragon...
    @danwhiteside... Forbidden Planet... a great image of the from the classic...
    @timbateman... Wolfman... really like the final approach... a lot more details...
    @hansmar...Norman's house is great... I had thought that perhaps it would look creepier if there was light coming from only one window with maybe a shadowed silhouette of "Mother"...
    So many great images this challenge...

edited December 1969

Fishtales said:

Sitting outside on my tablet and that looks a lot better. I can see the colour of the eyes too that wasn't visible before. Well worth checking your monitor setting regularly when working with graphics.

Viewing it on the laptop in muted light now and I didn't even know there was a lamppost in the background :)

That last one is just right.

edited December 1969

@ Fishtales - thank you :) ...i am really happy with the last one also :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2015

Hi guys...haven't been around for a while (house-finding issues etc.,). Can't simply comment on all the wonderful works (Phew-Wow), and David's/Horo's vids/filters etc., - serious catch-up in order.

May as well enter the competition on one of the major films of 2013 (if you haven't seen it in the cinema (in 3D), then you missed out on a lot (trust me, the ordinary DVD version on your TV is nothing near comparison).

Title: Gravity
    PS. The only post-work was layering a transparent (slightly rotated version) on top of the original Bryce version - to give it some sort of 'movement/jitter (note, some of the transparent shadows...etc.,)'.

Cheers
    Jay

Gravity.jpg
    966 x 536 - 309K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

All the entries are really awesome, well done everyone. :-)

I had a few ideas but reached a dead end as it is difficult when one does not have the right props. Even if I found good models, it would have been difficult to pose them as I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings.

Good luck to all the participants and the judges.

edited December 1969

Best of luck to all entries in this competition, all renders are really amazing work....well done everyone and again best of luck to all :)