edited December 1969

A mid summers day in London :-)

London_mid_summers_day.jpg
    1000 x 505 - 301K
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    well my video is a new first for me!!!
    The first one ever to have MORE DISLIKES than likes :lol: more than twice as many in fact!!!

That could be because of all those empty spaces where you see the sky and where there should be buildings, so as to make it look like a real city.

it was just a look at the set and a lighting test and I have done far worse ones and not gotten that result
    I said on description just looking at the set too if anyone was in any doubt.
    I personally think it might be the soundtrack if thats what you could call it.

Okay, so I just liked it to even things up a little. I wouldn't worry about the sound track, would'a fit nicely into a Dr. Who flick, and given how the tour of the set is essentially an exercise in time travel, me says you're spot on!

Btw, nice render there PhilW.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited June 2015

Oh I like Stezza's better. It has a VW ;)

But seriously like of atmosphere in both. Good to see carrararararists combining knowledge to solve problems (especially mine) ;)

Stezza. is that edna everage on the right there ? Or the Queen in disguise?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

That's a real nice pic, Stezza. Looks like a work of art. Now, I wish it would be moving...
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

Oh I like Stezza's better. It has a VW ;)

But seriously like of atmosphere in both. Good to see carrararararists combining knowledge to solve problems (especially mine) ;)

I must have been typing that post while Stezza put up his image. Lovely one as well. I can't imagine what it feels like to be a P.A. To create something awesome and release it to the world and then sit back to watch talented people make magic out of what you've done. If I had half the talent that Stonemason has, I would wear a cape everywhere. To bed. To the loo. While having breakfast. On the streets....While holding a press conference on world peace.

edited December 1969

I must have been typing that post while Stezza put up his image. Lovely one as well. I can’t imagine what it feels like to be a P.A. To create something awesome and release it to the world and then sit back to watch talented people make magic out of what you’ve done. If I had half the talent that Stonemason has, I would wear a cape everywhere. To bed. To the loo. While having breakfast. On the streets….While holding a press conference on world peace.

Ha ha, cracking me up there ;)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,142
    edited December 1969

Stezza - great image, I like the tongue in cheek title! As for Stonemason, his products are amazing, he sets the standard to which others are measured.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Um, wearing a cape to the loo could get messy! :bug:

Lovely render Stezza, where did you get the VW Camper? And the bus? Is that regular glow on your lights, or some other effect? (a London Pea-Souper?)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

Lovely render Stezza, where did you get the VW Camper? And the bus? Is that regular glow on your lights, or some other effect? (a London Pea-Souper?)

For the cape maybe- especially if there is no water-closet paper!

I used water-closet paper so you Brits would know that I meant toilet paper. ;-P )

edited December 1969

Oh are you guys still using toilet paper? We use sea shells here ...... except the hermit crabs can bite if you are not careful - apparently they get upset about it...

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Oh are you guys still using toilet paper? We use sea shells here ...... except the hermit crabs can bite if you are not careful - apparently they get upset about it...

I thought they were used to clean up Vegamite. Oh wait..... that's where it comes from. I get it now! ;-P

We use cute little bunnies here. Why you ask? Well, have you ever seen crap stuck to a cute little bunnie? :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Ha , yes I hadn't thought of that. But my three year old niece gets upset....
    Now where were we : John Spartan never really knew how to use the three sea shells
    is a long way from the streets of London, so my apologies :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861
    edited June 2015

head wax said:

It could be Mrs Brown... that's nice ;-)

argus1000 said:
    Stezza said:
    That's a real nice pic, Stezza. Looks like a work of art. Now, I wish it would be moving...

I am not good at all with animation :-(
    Glad you like it :-)

I can't imagine what it feels like to be a P.A. To create something awesome and release it to the world and then sit back to watch talented people make magic out of what you've done. If I had half the talent that Stonemason has, I would wear a cape everywhere. To bed. To the loo. While having breakfast. On the streets....While holding a press conference on world peace.

That reminds me of me mate who wrote in to the local newspaper for help from the Ask Alice colum

Dear Alice, Please help me.. my wife wants to make love to me every second of the day... in the morning when we wake up, before I go to work, when I get home from work, in the bedroom, in the loungeroon, in the kitchen... on the kitchen table.. it never ends..

what can I do?
    signed
    Desperate

ps.. please excuse the wobbly handwriting.

Stezza - great image, I like the tongue in cheek title! As for Stonemason, his products are amazing, he sets the standard to which others are measured.

Thanks Phil... I'm sure the kiwis are happy it didn't rain on day 5 ;-)

The combi is from Vanashing Point.. the bus is at ShareCG

A simple glow with a lense flair on the combi.. a glow and aura on the brake lights and glow on the street lamps..

2 cars from Carrara, 2 more cars from PhilW's insta building along with the monument and the background peoples and bus driver.. with Genesis2 in the foreground.

I used Carrara's fog tool and used 8 distance lights for the scene and bulbs for the street lamps and blinker..

I think that just about covers it.. ;-)

edited.. missed the birds from EmperorKen :-)

Post edited by Stezza on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947
    edited December 1969

Yes Stezza that is a very good Londonian atmosphere indeed, I will NOT be using Fenrics shader doctor to remove shine I think in future, just adding rain :lol:

edited December 1969

:-)

Dear all,

If I owned streets of Old London, dude would have been Godzilla size, at the end of the street with a giant water closet taking the place of Big Ben at the other end of the street and tissue (water closet) paper unraveled all the way from water closet to godzilla dude like a giant white 'crapet'.

In case you can't visualize the above, kindly gift me with Stonemason's Old London set so I can set it up for you to see. This was a quick Das Studio render. If you prefer Carrara, also kindly gift me with those marvelous Fenric shader plugins. I'm very agreeable like that! :coolsmile:

Wey_Dem.jpg
    640 x 360 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

For the cape maybe- especially if there is no water-closet paper!

I used water-closet paper so you Brits would know that I meant toilet paper. ;-P )

Bog roll, yes.

I thought they were used to clean up Vegamite. Oh wait..... that's where it comes from. I get it now! ;-P

We use cute little bunnies here. Why you ask? Well, have you ever seen crap stuck to a cute little bunnie? :coolgrin:

Cute little bunny-wunnys work fine. Skin them first, then you can use the meat for a nice snack (tastes like chicken...) I don't recommend the use of squirrels -- they always go for the nuts.

edited December 1969

Thanks Stezza :)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    tsarist said:
    I went ahead and picked it up.

Unfortunately, the OBJs load in the zero position AND you have to add all the textures BY HAND.

Not with the one I bought it didn't..

all loaded fine with textures applied.

unless I misunderstand how you did it which is quite possible ;-)

Stezza

I'm running C7Pro on WindowsXP.
    There is no way to load the OBJs in all at once, so you have to load them in one at a time.
    They load in the center of the screen with no textures.

Are you using Carrara or DS?
    If you are using Carrara, what did you do, if you don't mind my asking.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:

Stezza

I'm running C7Pro on WindowsXP.

Are you using Carrara or DS?
    If you are using Carrara, what did you do, if you don't mind my asking.

That would be the difference I would guess..
    Using Carrara 8.5Pro 64 bit here on Windows 10

You need to go through the 'My DAZ 3D Library' which is only on 8.5 then to the props folder

:-/

london_props.jpg
    1098 x 996 - 169K