• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

On today's episode of

DOES

IT

CENTAUR?

サラリー馬ン

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906
    edited May 2022

I love it, it just adds that perfect touch to some of the scenes I'm trying to do! 

delete.jpg
    2760 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by benniewoodell on
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited May 2022

My g8m normally gets his clothes from the bargain bin, but I couldn't resist this one.

Clipboard01.jpg
    3840 x 3072 - 4M
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709

@Gordig It centaur pretty good!

@benniewoodell Straight from a movie scene.  Great render!

@ioonrxoon Your dude is rocking out that suit with his partner in crime ;)

Also FYI Daz update the meta data for the smart content.  Product will apear for G8M characters now.  Change is live for download. Thanks!

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

This looks great, glad to see it released!

• melaniemelanie Posts: 769

Thank you so much for getting the meta data fixed! That was really fast!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,392

Has anyone done a render with dForce yet? I would love to see whether this smoothes the wrinkles in the jacket out a little to give it a more formal touch.

tsroemi said:

Has anyone done a render with dForce yet? I would love to see whether this smoothes the wrinkles in the jacket out a little to give it a more formal touch.

Alot of the detail wrinkles are coming from the normal map since most people can't run dForce on their machine. 

I can show you some examples of dForce used to provide a more slimer fit and some tweaking done to the normal values to smooth out the wrinkles from the suit for a more formal look.  

I made the product in mind to be flexible so users like yourself can fit it for whatever needs you may require for a particular project.  I'll post some samples up soon.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

tsroemi said:

I dForced the jacket onto the centaur body, but the angle doesn't really show it off. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715

mal3Imagery said:

tsroemi said:

Alot of the detail wrinkles are coming from the normal map since most people can't run dForce on their machine. 

I can show you some examples of dForce used to provide a more slimer fit and some tweaking done to the normal values to smooth out the wrinkles from the suit for a more formal look.  

I made the product in mind to be flexible so users like yourself can fit it for whatever needs you may require for a particular project.  I'll post some samples up soon.

Thanks so much for this. 

mal3Imagery said:

tsroemi said:

That would be lovely, thanks very much!

Gordig said:

tsroemi said:

I dForced the jacket onto the centaur body, but the angle doesn't really show it off. 

I see, cool render, by the way! And very helpful also, I can see what mal3Imagery means about the wrinkles coming from the normals.

edited May 2022

Here you go. I used a netural color pattern preset so you can see the difference under harsher lighting to make the normal maps pop.

The mulitple area zones I included also helps with this as well if you want certain parts of the garment to be more wrinkle to be visible or not.

Left is what comes as in with preset.

Right is after tweaking normal map values & simulation for a more slimer fit, wrinkle free and formal look.

BeforeAfter.jpg
    2600 x 1690 - 1M
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on

mal3Imagery said:

Here you go. I used a netural color pattern preset so you can see the difference under harsher lighting to make the normal maps pop.

The mulitple area zones I included also helps with this as well if you want certain parts of the garment to be more wrinkle to be visible or not.

Right is after tweaking normal map values & simulation for a more wrinkle free and formal look.

Ooh, this is so lovely, EXACTLY what I had in mind! Thanks! Could you also give some guidance on what exactly to do with the normals and the simulation settings to achieve this fit? I like dForce but am not very good at it, and I've not yet fiddled with normals at all. 

edited May 2022

mal3Imagery said:

Yay! Perfect! So I can smoothe out the torso and wrinkle up the sleeves. But I avoid dForce.

This would be great info for the product page so that buyers would know.

Post edited by xyer0 on
    edited May 2022

tsroemi said:

mal3Imagery said:

Right is after tweaking normal map values & simulation for a more wrinkle free and formal look.

Ooh, this is so lovely, EXACTLY what I had in mind! Thanks! Could you also give some guidance on what exactly to do with the normals and the simulation settings to achieve this fit? I like dForce but am not very good at it, and I've not yet fiddled with normals at all. 

It's very simple.  Click on the suit garment and then go the surface tab on right side on DAZ.  Then select the Blazer_Arm_Left/Right and Blazer_Front_Left/Right surfaces and then find the normal map slider and change it to 0.2 or whatever value you like.  You'll do the samething for the pants and click on the Pants_Front surface and change the normal map value slider.

For dForce part.  Apply a pose you like first on your figure.  Then click on the Simluation Settings tab and then click on the [G] Simulation and click the Start Bones From Memorized Pose to be On and then press Simulate and that's it.  It might take a while for the sim, but I usually stop it when it reaches my pose.

dForce.PNG
    752 x 571 - 53K
    Surfaces.PNG
    515 x 580 - 76K

mal3Imagery said:

tsroemi said:

mal3Imagery said:

It's very simple.  Click on the suit garment and then go the surface tab on right side on DAZ.  Then select the Blazer_Arm_Left/Right and Blazer_Front_Left/Right surfaces and then find the normal map slider and change it to 0.2 or whatever value you like.  You'll do the samething for the pants and click on the Pants_Front surface and change the normal map value slider.

For dForce part.  Apply a pose you like first on your figure.  Then click on the Simluation Settings tab and then click on the [G] Simulation and click the Start Bones From Memorized Pose to be On and then press Simulate and that's it.  It might take a while for the sim, but I usually stop it when it reaches my pose.

Again, thanks so much, you're amazingly kind and helpful. The suit's been jumping in an out of my cart the whole day today, because I'm actually quite broke right now - but with these options, and the great help you give, I don't think I can do much else but buy ;-)

xyer0 said:

mal3Imagery said:

Yay! Perfect! So I can smoothe out the torso and wrinkle up the sleeves. But I avoid dForce.

This would be great info for the product page so that buyers would know.

Haha yup indeed!  You can smooth out the left and right front part of the suit and keep the wrinkles on the sleeves :)

Yeah I will probably send another update to DAZ on product description on that too as well.

Have fun.

tsroemi said:

mal3Imagery said:

tsroemi said:

mal3Imagery said:

Again, thanks so much, you're amazingly kind and helpful. The suit's been jumping in an out of my cart the whole day today, because I'm actually quite broke right now - but with these options, and the great help you give, I don't think I can do much else but buy ;-)

Thanks. Have fun :)

edited May 2022

It made it to the #1 top of What's Hot!  Thank you everyone who purchased! smileyheart

Whats Hot .jpg
    3155 x 650 - 1M
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited May 2022

This scales up well for bigger guys, definitely liking this.

I need to make some tweaks still (and re-learn how to use Studio... you don't open software for a year and they move everything around on you), but for a quick test this worked very well with morphs that often cause trouble for the neck and waist for clothing. Excellent work!

Maxx wearing a suit and walking

Maxx Suit Test 02.png
    900 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
    edited May 2022

mal3Imagery said:

It made it to the #1 top of What's Hot!  Thank you everyone who purchased! smileyheart

CONGRATULATIONS!!! AND MANY MORE! I couldn't see it because I'm signed in, and it doesn't show purchased items. I'm so glad you didn't give up on this suit!

Double-breasted with Windsor knot next? Just joking. Kinda.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Terrific suit, and much needed.

@AlmightyQUEST That is great it works with bigger character and  works with the morphs that often cause issue with clothing. yes

@xyer0 The double breast suit can be a project in my bucket list.  We'll see :)

@Sevrin Thank you.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Thank you for persevering, @mal3Iamgery.  Wonderful product.  I snapped it up with the texture set.  Renders will have to wait until after I finish a current toony project.  The renders in the thread look great, and thanks for some additional surface tab tips.  Keep up the great work.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,386

This is a seriously good looking suit. Good thing you decided to finish it and release it. We all benefit from your Perseverence.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2022

Here you go. Thanks for the lovely suit!

Smoothing5.jpg
    1600 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

Serene Night said:

Here you go. Thanks for the lovely suit!

Owen and Boyd looking good :)

Having the new guy Bruce from @PedroFurtadoArts in a Suit.