[Released]Bruce HD for Genesis 8.1 Male [Commercial]

Hi Guys. Introducing Bruce!
I hope you guys like him. He is so inspiring to me and I love his body. I was going for Natural Muscular.
Also, You do not need the required Products at all I will talk to Daz about that!
Let me know what you guys think of him and also share images please I'm dying to see what people do with him 

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 844
    edited May 2022

I love his look as well.  Such a handsome, natural looking physique!  You created a wonderful figure.  Also, I love his textures.

I am delighted that he has separate head and body presets (the product page implied Bruce was a full-character morph.)

I've also dialed him in and out with other character morphs and he plays well with others. :)

However, now I get a duplicate formulas error whenever I load a G8.1M figure.  Uninstalling Bruce fixed that.  But now I don't have Bruce to work with.  I'm truly heartbroken.

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,773
    WOOF <3
  • PFAPFA Posts: 117

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I love his look as well.  Such a handsome, natural looking physique!  You created a wonderful figure.  Also, I love his textures.

I am delighted that he has separate head and body presets (the product page implied Bruce was a full-character morph.)

I've also dialed him in and out with other character morphs and he plays well with others. :)

However, now I get a duplicate formulas error whenever I load a G8.1M figure.  Uninstalling Bruce fixed that.  But now I don't have Bruce to work with.  I'm truly heartbroken.

Lee

No Worries I will look into that. Thank you for letting me know! 

Is anyone else having this issue?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261

PedroFurtadoArts said:

First, wonderful character, I am glad I bought him. 
    second, yes, in my log file the error is described as "[WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking pCTRLDefaultPose & Bruce Uncircumcised HD in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce Uncircumcised HD.dsf."

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261

PedroFurtadoArts said:

First, wonderful character, I am glad I bought him. 
    second, yes, in my log file the error is described as "[WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking pCTRLDefaultPose & Bruce Uncircumcised HD in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce Uncircumcised HD.dsf."

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709

He's a cutie man.  I'll do a render of him soon :)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Oh, he looks so great. I have not bought him yet. The gens textures are very important to me, especially the uncircumcised. Is Pedro going to fix this? If I wait the price may go up. But, I hate to buy a product for which there is a problem, unless there's a real assurrance that the product is going to be completely fixed. How soon, Pedro, do you estimate this product will be fixed?

mal3Imagery said:

He's a cutie man.  I'll do a render of him soon :)

OMG I love your renders. I would love to see him in your quality images 

edited May 2022

inquire said:

Oh, he looks so great. I have not bought him yet. The gens textures are very important to me, especially the uncircumcised. Is Pedro going to fix this? If I wait the price may go up. But, I hate to buy a product for which there is a problem, unless there's a real assurrance that the product is going to be completely fixed. How soon, Pedro, do you estimate this product will be fixed?

Thank you for the Love<3 <3 <3 <3 
    He will be fixed for sure no worries. Also, I would recommend buying it anyway because from what I've seen there isn't any issue with the textures or anything is just has to do with code. It might say something is duplicated or that something is missing but again there is nothing missing is just that the saving process was done wrong. 

Post edited by PFA on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2022

I have an issue that when I increase subdivision with the hd applied that there are some problems with the areas under his arms.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited May 2022

Fixed yet? Sorry to be a hound, but I'd love to buy this, but I just don't want to buy a product with a defect, and for me the "uncircumcised gens" error is a biggie. 

By the way, I already own the Aging Morphs. Is anyone using them with this product? What do they add?

I do not have the Skinfolds and Creases: https://www.daz3d.com/skin-folds--creases-hd-for-genesis-3--8-male

But is anyone using the Skinfolds and Creases with this product? Is it worth the purchase? I could wait, for it's not on sale right now, and is going for $23.95 with a DAZ + membership, which I do have.

Hopefully, Bruce will be fixed before the Early Buy price lapses; if that happens that the price lapses, I won't buy him. I'll be sorry, I know, but I just can't get myself to buy another DAZ product with errors in it. I've done that before, and the errors still remain. (I won't mention the products, for fear all hell with descend upon me.) 

Last thought regarding Bruce: DAZ should keep the early buy price in place until the product is fixed. Why should DAZ sell a product with errors at the early buy price, let that price lapse, and then say a customer should pay more for a fixed product?  Oh, I know, this is DAZ. Dahhhh . . . 

Post edited by inquire on

inquire said:

Fixed yet? Sorry to be a hound, but I'd love to buy this, but I just don't want to buy a product with a defect, and for me the "uncircumcised gens" error is a biggie. 

By the way, I already own the Aging Morphs. Is anyone using them with this product? What do they add?

I do not have the Skinfolds and Creases: https://www.daz3d.com/skin-folds--creases-hd-for-genesis-3--8-male

But is anyone using the Skinfolds and Creases with this product? Is it worth the purchase? I could wait, for it's not on sale right now, and is going for $23.95 with a DAZ + membership, which I do have.

Hopefully, Bruce will be fixed before the Early Buy price lapses; if that happens that the price lapses, I won't buy him. I'll be sorry, I know, but I just can't get myself to buy another DAZ product with errors in it. I've done that before, and the errors still remain. (I won't mention the products, for fear all hell with descend upon me.) 

Last thought regarding Bruce: DAZ should keep the early buy price in place until the product is fixed. Why should DAZ sell a product with errors at the early buy price, let that price lapse, and then say a customer should pay more for a fixed product?  Oh, I know, this is DAZ. Dahhhh . . . 

No worries I'm working on it as fast as I can. I've contacted Daz about this because the required products that show are not required at all I'm not even sure why they show up there I never added them so. I am contacting them. I will keep you guys updated :) won't take long  

Great to hear. I trust you. I don't mean any disrespect. But, I sure hope DAZ will keep the early buy price until the fixed product is up on line. Then, I will be a very eager buyer.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

He's great and yes I get the same error when adding the gens only.

However, I found the smile poses, but your promos indicate other poses--where do we find them? or does it just happen if we bend him

GREAT gens morphs BTW, and I love the light chest hair--in addition to, well, everything else. Gorgeous eyes!

For clarification, when I load a gens now it says duplicate formula found in files.

Choppski said:

However, I found the smile poses, but your promos indicate other poses--where do we find them? or does it just happen if we bend him

GREAT gens morphs BTW, and I love the light chest hair--in addition to, well, everything else. Gorgeous eyes!

Yes, so the belly folds and the neck tension all show up when you start posing. The smiles are the only ones who you can dial. all the others are automatic and show up when he bends down and stuff.
    Also, When you apply the gens textures do they apply even after that message?.
    Thank you for the support :) 

Choppski said:

Yes, so the belly folds and the neck tension all show up when you start posing. The smiles are the only ones who you can dial. all the others are automatic and show up when he bends down and stuff.

edited May 2022

Post edited by PFA on

For me, yes. Everything applies in terms of materials, it's just that now if I load any m8gens on any figure, I get a notice about duplicate files.

The hair and eyebrows also didn't automatically fit, but that wasn't a real issue.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited May 2022

Here's my rendition of Bruce in Suit.

Bruce in Suit.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 574K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on

Beautiful!

• Huck GrimHuck Grim Posts: 9

OMG!  He is amazing!  I just did a quick render of him just using the default lights and he looks incredible.  The pic of him is after I spun a few dials to see what kind of a different look I could give him.  He is probably my favorite male character now.  If he looks this good with the default lights I cannot wait to render him with better lighting.  smiley

Thank you so much PedroFurtadoArts for creating him.

My Bruce.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 902K

mal3Imagery said:

Here's my rendition of Bruce in Suit.

WOOOOOOOOOOW, I'm so impressed He looks absolutely gorgeous! So sharp and sexy.(I also seeing him with glasses)

Huck Grim said:

OMG!  He is amazing!  I just did a quick render of him just using the default lights and he looks incredible.  The pic of him is after I spun a few dials to see what kind of a different look I could give him.  He is probably my favorite male character now.  If he looks this good with the default lights I cannot wait to render him with better lighting.  smiley

Thank you so much PedroFurtadoArts for creating him.

Thank you so much !!! I put a lot of work on Him and I agree he is my favourite male character, for now, <3<3 <3.
    I don't know what you did to him but he looks chubby and adorable  

The Skin Folds and Creases price has just been reduced from yesterday. Was $23.95; now is $11.74. https://www.daz3d.com/skin-folds--creases-hd-for-genesis-3--8-male

I already own the Aging Morphs: https://www.daz3d.com/aging-morphs-for-genesis-8-male-s It too is down from $24.95 to $12.23.

I know Pedro says, above, that these products are not necessary to use Bruce HD, but I'm wondering: Is anyone using either one of these with Bruce, and, if so, what do you think or see?

By the way, I did buy the Bruce HD in order to hold on to the price, but haven't downloaded it yet, due to the error messages. So, I'm watching to see when the corrections are made.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Inquire, I am doing the same and not downloading yet.

@Sigurd: OK, I hope we'll have a fully functional version of Bruce HD soon. It's in my DIM to download. When the fully functional version is ready, will that replace what's in my DIM? Or, will I have to download the version with errors, and then download a Product Update? Do you know?

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 844
    edited May 2022

I like the Skin Folds and Creases product.  I've been using it for a while now.  You can dial the effects stronger or weaker as you wish.  It's quite a nice add-on and I have a base G8.1M with the controllers already set to 100%, so it's there when I load a "blank" G8.1M.  I can just dial back the effect during posing if the folds/creases/etc. become too strong.

I sadly got a refund for Bruce, but immediately put him in my wishlist.  I'll buy him again as soon as Bruce gets his update.  Hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

I don't know how the product update works if you've purchased Bruce, but haven't installed him yet.  I'd think you'd see the usual product update showing in DIM.  Someone with more expertise in this area would give us a definitive answer.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Bruce is a great looking character and in the short time I used him, could see that he will fit extremely well with my workflow and custom-dialed character pool.  Can't wait to get him!!

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on