[Released]Bruce HD for Genesis 8.1 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

OK, thanks a lot, Lee. And so, the Skin Folds and Creases will work on both the G8 and the G8.1, huh? I was wondering about that.

• inquire said:

OK, thanks a lot, Lee. And so, the Skin Folds and Creases will work on both the G8 and the G8.1, huh? I was wondering about that.

You're quite welcome, inquire! I don't think I've seen any issues between G8M and G8.1M.  I just need to dial the effect weaker for some poses (since the custom base character I saved loads with the effects at 100%.) Or turn off the effects if there are any conflicts with a character that has built-in fold/crease features, as I believe Bruce has (I think.)

Lee

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456

I absolutely adore this character! There is not enough love for it here, but in some of the 3D LGBT groups I belong to on Twitter and elsewhere, Bruce is on fire! He's in my top ten of favorite characters of all time. Thank you so much. Amazing work!!

• javamattjavamatt Posts: 10

I am looking forward to adding Bruce to my list of characters (in my cart even as I type)! Wondering if the issues noted earlier in the thread have been addressed yet and the updated product ready for download.  Thanks for any info anyone can provide. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

javamatt said:

I am looking forward to adding Bruce to my list of characters (in my cart even as I type)! Wondering if the issues noted earlier in the thread have been addressed yet and the updated product ready for download.  Thanks for any info anyone can provide. 

Not yet...  I believe there is a fair backlog but it is in line for repair.

• javamattjavamatt Posts: 10

nemesis10 said:

javamatt said:

Not yet...  I believe there is a fair backlog but it is in line for repair.

Thanks much for the update; very much appreciate your taking the time to respond. 

• PFAPFA Posts: 117

Hello everyone, I am still taking care of the issue. So just letting you know these issues are being rectified 
    But first I want to ask. Is everyone getting this massage
    "[WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking pCTRLDefaultPose & Bruce Uncircumcised HD in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce Uncircumcised HD.dsf."
    Also, Is everyone getting this distortion under the arm?
    These issues don't seem to affect everyone. So I am asking for the common errors. 

• So glad you're working on the issues with Bruce, PedroFurtadoArts!! :)

This weekend, I repurchased Bruce (got a refund on the first day due to the duplicate formula error) and after viewing your post above, reinstalled him to see if I could help.

I am getting the duplicate formula error upon loading any G8.1M with anatomical elements already attached.

Here are the relevant portions of the log file pertaining to Bruce:

2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7230): Duplicate formula found linking pCTRLDefaultPose & Bruce Uncircumcised HD in /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce Uncircumcised HD.dsf.
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7231):     owner: G8MGenitalia
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7232):     output: G8MGenitalia:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%20Genitalia/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base/pCTRLDefaultPose.dsf#pCTRLDefaultPose?value
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7233):     input: G8MGenitalia:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%20Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce%20Uncircumcised%20HD.dsf#Bruce%20Penis%20Uncircumcised%20HD?value

and another section not related(?) to the duplicate formula error:

2022-05-31 10:28:52.132 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(6975): Formula output property not found: Genesis8_1Male:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Mix%20Bruce%20Bending%20All%20down.dsf#Mix%20Bruce%20Bending%20All%20down?value - in file: /data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce%20Body.dsf

I've been trying to recreate the under arm distortion, but have not been able to duplicate it using multiple arm poses and changing SubD levels from 0 to 4.  Everything looks normal in smooth shaded, texture shaded, Iray preview, and Iray rendering.  If I get the distortion to appear, I'll post my findings.

Lee

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

So glad you're working on the issues with Bruce, PedroFurtadoArts!! :)

This weekend, I repurchased Bruce (got a refund on the first day due to the duplicate formula error) and after viewing your post above, reinstalled him to see if I could help.

I am getting the duplicate formula error upon loading any G8.1M with anatomical elements already attached.

Here are the relevant portions of the log file pertaining to Bruce:

2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7230): Duplicate formula found linking pCTRLDefaultPose & Bruce Uncircumcised HD in /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce Uncircumcised HD.dsf.
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7231):     owner: G8MGenitalia
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7232):     output: G8MGenitalia:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%20Genitalia/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base/pCTRLDefaultPose.dsf#pCTRLDefaultPose?value
    2022-05-31 10:28:35.767 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(7233):     input: G8MGenitalia:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%20Genitalia/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce%20Uncircumcised%20HD.dsf#Bruce%20Penis%20Uncircumcised%20HD?value

and another section not related(?) to the duplicate formula error:

2022-05-31 10:28:52.132 WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(6975): Formula output property not found: Genesis8_1Male:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Mix%20Bruce%20Bending%20All%20down.dsf#Mix%20Bruce%20Bending%20All%20down?value - in file: /data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Bruce/Bruce%20Body.dsf

I've been trying to recreate the under arm distortion, but have not been able to duplicate it using multiple arm poses and changing SubD levels from 0 to 4.  Everything looks normal in smooth shaded, texture shaded, Iray preview, and Iray rendering.  If I get the distortion to appear, I'll post my findings.

Lee

And do you have the issue happening under the arm? 

• I don't have the under arm issue so far.  See the last paragraph of my previous post. :)

I can also add that simply loading the G8M anatomical elements by itself into an empty scene gives the duplicate formula error.

That's the issue that's disappointing me right now.  I sure hope that you can resolve this quickly. :)

Lee

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I don't have the under arm issue so far.  See the last paragraph of my previous post. :)

I can also add that simply loading the G8M anatomical elements by itself into an empty scene gives the duplicate formula error.

That's the issue that's disappointing me right now.  I sure hope that you can resolve this quickly. :)

Lee

Yes, no worries that seems to be an easy fix. The only issue that I was confused about was the underarm distortion. But it looks like no ones is having that problem.  

• I've been trying to get the underarm distortion to occur, but haven't had any luck thus far.  I tried mixing Bruce (and his HD details) in with some other character morphs and the arms bend just fine.  No distortion.

Any chance we can see the duplicate formula problem fixed today/tomorrow? :)

And to make sure you know, I LOVE Bruce.  You've done a WONDERFUL job with him.  I'm looking forward to using Bruce a lot.  Congratulations and thank you for creating this awesome character for us to enjoy. :)

Lee

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

I get the duplicate error, but it doesn't pose any problems. I mean I can use the gens, the figure, etc. It's a little annoying to get the duplicate error, but everything works for me.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I purchased Bruce and I am waiting to download him until these issue(s) have been rectified. He looks like a great character and I cannot wait to use him. I wanted to support your work as I would like to see more like him.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

Yeah, I just have to say that the morph, texture, gens morphs, and smile morphs are so awesome. Like really.

• I updated DAZ Studio to 4.20.1.38 (beta) a few days ago.  The duplicate formula message when loading Bruce no longer appears.  Just a heads up for those interested. :)

Bruce is a super handsome character and I'm enjoying working with him.  Thank you so much, PedroFurtadoArts!

Lee

• After updating my DAZ Studio version and recreating my ghost light setup, I used Bruce to test everything out.

Not 100% Bruce, but a significant proportion is.  He's got a couple of other figures dialed in a little and some shaping morphs sprinkled in here and there, so he's a bit more toned as shown here.

There's so much I like about Bruce.

Lee

LifeguardBruce.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 2M
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited June 2022

I updated to the regular DS version 4.20.0.17. I did get the Duplicate Files or Formula Message when I attached the G8 male gens. I later saved the Bruce character I'd worked on as a Scene Subset. When I tried loading it into a new file, I did not get any Duplicate messages. Will this be problem if I leave Bruce HD on my computer as it is? In other words, will it mess up any other figure?

Oh, wait: there are problems.  If I try to load a different character I have saved as a scene subset, I get the error message. Also, if I just load a basic G8 male, or a basic G8.1 male, and apply the G8 male gens, I get the error message. (See Screen Shot.)

So, I guess I will remove Bruce HD, sadly, very sadly, from my HD, and I hope that the duplicate formulas errors will soon be cleared up.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 12.14.31 PM.png
    426 x 131 - 14K
    Post edited by inquire on
  • Hi inquire!

I started seeing the duplicate formula error again as well.  As far as I can see, it doesn't hurt anything, but is annoying and should be fixed.  Like you, the error doesn't pop up when loading an anatomically correct Bruce character from a scene subset.  When I load my default G8.1 male figure, the error shows up.

I hope PedroFurtadoArts and/or DAZ can sort this one out. :)

I don't blame you for uninstalling Bruce, but if it's any comfort, I don't think anyone is seeing any ill effects with duplicate formula.  I'm living with it for now, but do expect that there will be an update to fix it. :)

Lee

Hi guys. So I think I have it figured out! My issue was that I saved Bruce with a slider that was later removed. But I didn't save him again fresh. And that is why the duplicate error is showing. Obviously, I'll be fixing it but all the work I do has to go through the Daz team which they sometimes take some time to reply to. I don't blame them they have so many products to review. If you guys are worried about this issue causing problems with anything. It won't it's a very surface issue. It's Daz looking for something that isn't there anymore. But I completely understand if you feel like you want to uninstall it. I'm hoping I can have this fix this week. Thank you so much for your support I reeeeeally  appreciate and don't worry I won't let you guys down. You pushed him and I want to give what was promised . 

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

After updating my DAZ Studio version and recreating my ghost light setup, I used Bruce to test everything out.

Not 100% Bruce, but a significant proportion is.  He's got a couple of other figures dialed in a little and some shaping morphs sprinkled in here and there, so he's a bit more toned as shown here.

Lee

also omg he looks so handsome <3 <3 <3 <3 

• PedroFurtadoArts said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

After updating my DAZ Studio version and recreating my ghost light setup, I used Bruce to test everything out.

Lee

also omg he looks so handsome <3 <3 <3 <3 

Thank you!  Wouldn't have been possible without your wonderful Bruce. :)

Lee 

• Any kind of status update on the duplicate formula fix for Bruce?  I don't know if PedroFurtadoArts is still working on it or if it's queued up at DAZ for an update.  Would certainly like this fixed.

Lee

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

For what it's worth, it's possible for the time being to go into the /data directory (/data/Daz 3d/Genesis 8 Male Genitalia, I *think* -- I'm not near that computer at the moment, so I can't check the path) and simply remove the "Bruce Uncircumcised HD" morphs for the time being, and that will make the error message stop until it's corrected. (Unless you plan to use those morphs, of course, in which case I'm afraid you're a bit stuck.)

• vwrangler said:

For what it's worth, it's possible for the time being to go into the /data directory (/data/Daz 3d/Genesis 8 Male Genitalia, I *think* -- I'm not near that computer at the moment, so I can't check the path) and simply remove the "Bruce Uncircumcised HD" morphs for the time being, and that will make the error message stop until it's corrected. (Unless you plan to use those morphs, of course, in which case I'm afraid you're a bit stuck.)

Thanks, vwrangler!  That's pretty much a solution I was considering as I don't use the uncircumcised morphs.  Your suggestion is truly appreciated, though I am still looking for the official fix.  If it doesn't arrive soon/ever, then I'll likely be forced to do as you thoughtfully provided. :)

PedroFurtadoArts implied that this was a simple fix a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps it's been taken care of and is just waiting for the DAZ team to verify and package the update.  I know they're busy. :)

Lee

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 292

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Lee

As always, @leemoon_c43b45a114, your art is amazing!  What is your postwork process?  You style has a wonderful uniformity and I can always tell when it's one of yours!  You truly have found your voice!

Nice work!

• I have Bruce, and I love that I can mix him with other morphs and get a more real looking person. I love being able to look at him and not think (yep, you can see Michael 8 in there, or yep that's a G8M). I'm not seeing the crease, and the duplicate formiulas on the gens should not be a non-seeling point... The gens still loads fairly quickly, so I'm not complaining.

• Bruce has been updated to correct the duplicate formula error.  The update appeared in my DIM this afternoon.  I've tested it and the fix works just fine.

Thank you PedroFurtadoArts and the DAZ team for getting the fix out!  :)

Lee

Thanks for the heads up Lee. I look forward to downloading him tonight.