the future and artists, redundancy?

123457»

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Yes, humans being humans, how long before one of the participants in these AI threads is a ChatBot? 

It may have already happened. surprisesurprise

...buzz...click...crackle...

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

"Artist wins Sony World Photography contest, declines award because image was AI-generated"  (USA Today, 18Apr2023)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited April 2023

Bark AI does crazy text to speech and sings

fair bit of post production in Audacity with these as only 20 secs long

used 30 of them singing and spoken

and added lots more cowbell

I installed the WebUI on my computer

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Weird stuff.  But "more cowbell" is always good.  cheeky

now this is awesome 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

now this is awesome 

That does look pretty interesting.  yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

There is an article on AI in the recent edition of the scientific journal, Nature.  Make of it what you will.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02094-7

edited June 2023

Diomede said:

There is an article on AI in the recent edition of the scientific journal, Nature.  Make of it what you will.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02094-7

with the fear of misinformation and fake news

just remember FlatEarthers and Moon landing Deniers exist and predate Ai 

losing jobs to technology is very real and ongoing but AI isn't the only tech threat there

the issues there are more related to economics, politics and power and obviously cannot be discussed here

edited July 2023

I am having a lot less issues with my AI software than my DAZ 3D software on my  Windows 10 Re-installation on my new C drive

just saying

yes it stuffs up frequently but a reconfiguration of Python and a few other steps I am back diffusing questionable art devil

DAZ on the other hand, I want to strangle that Post Grey Squirrel that gives me errors no matter what hoops I jump through and my plugins Carrara as well as studio are giving me hell

mmm 'kay why am I still using 3D?

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mmm 'kay why am I still using 3D?

"That must be wonderful: I don't understand it at all." (Moliere)

I did this video today on my computer in Stable Diffusion Webui Automatic 1111 with Deforum

I used a website to add the lipsync 

it's all AI

making her move her arms etc would destroy the coherence of the clothing and features but it's getting to the point we can render 3D 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Always enjoy your videos, Wendy.  yes

The hands with wrong number of fingers issue is still a big deal to me with Midjourney and similar, but I am sure that will get solved in the not too distant future.

scary

I just watched a lecture "How AI Can Improve Creativity", part of the Great Courses Co. course "How Digital Technology Shapes Us".  The lecturer is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at the Unif. of San Francisco.  She says "Perhaps the best use of AI, and the least scary, is as a partner."  She gives examples like a master player of "Go" who lost to an AI program, then kept playing agisnt it, resulting in a rise in his ranking.  The lecturer also gives exampals in music and art.  Just FYI, I'm still not using AI for animations or anything.  Yet.