"Trick Or Treat" Animated Short done in Carrara

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    My computer is to old and crotchety to view the video. :-( The characters look nice though. Good luck in the festivals!

It is only a short preview available at this stage due to festival rules. 

• Holy WOW...like others above me, i wanna see the whole thing. that is just...wow i can't even think of anything other then simply amazing great job Phil,

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

Outstanding Phil!! Congratulations and good luck at the festivals!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

Good luck at the festival, Phil. :)

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    PhilW said:

Well done.

It would be Nice to see.

Montreal is only 4 hours away may have to see if I can make it.

4 hours sounds like a long drive to see a 5 minute short! But hey, if you are willing to do it, I am sure it would be a good day out.

Well if you submitted it to the Ottawa International Animation Festival for next year. It would cut the drive to 30 Mins.

https://www.animationfestival.ca/

I will post to this thread any additional festivals that it gets selected for, or you can follow the Facbook page posted earlier and probably know before I do!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    PhilW said:

I will post to this thread any additional festivals that it gets selected for, or you can follow the Facbook page posted earlier and probably know before I do!

Facebook? Ugh! No way! Took me long enough to cancel my membership....
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

done yes

imagine if you did win an Oscar, DAZ would HAVE to develop Carrara!!!

so, I am gunning for you heart

The Australian one is in Coffs Harbour NSW, I don't know if that is anywhere hear you, Wendy?

PhilW said:

The Australian one is in Coffs Harbour NSW, I don't know if that is anywhere hear you, Wendy?

other end of coontinent cheeky 

PhilW said:

other end of continent cheeky 

It's probably safer that way! wink

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Wendy just doesn't want to have to pay the toll to go over the Sydney 'arbour bridge ;) 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2015

Wendy just doesn't want to have to pay the toll to go over the Sydney 'arbour bridge ;) 

Hmm , don't you love double posts... 

Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:

Hmm , don't you love double posts... 

is OK would go via Dubbo etc, prolly get no further than Morree Spa, liked that, all my aches went away in mineral swimming pool

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very cool, Phil! I love their web page too. All of the who's who and behing the scenes... very cool! You must have had a blast! 

The director/writer and her family are coming to the UK next week, so we are meeting up for the day in York, which will be great!

• DondecDondec Posts: 243

Beautiful achievement... and good luck in the competitions.  Can't wait to see the whole thing.

- Don

• And in other news, aparently the short film dinner for few by NASSOS (according to him, all modeling, layout, lighting,  texuring and rendering was done in Carrara 8.) has ganered 29 awards in two years!

Saddle in PhilW.....you're in for an exciting ride, picking up lots of awards along the line, and if they don't give the Oscar, we'll model one for you and animate it to boot in Carrara!!

Alright, so someone please remind me, who was it that said Carrara was some kinda inferior software?????

• Maybe you can watch it with your phone ? smiley

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited July 2015

done yes

imagine if you did win an Oscar, DAZ would HAVE to develop Carrara!!!

so, I am gunning for you heart

Ditto. Congrats again Phil.

Then again you don't need a Carrarist to win an Oscar to justify developing Carrara...

The end game is always eyeballs. We already have a fellow Carrarist with as many Youtube subscribers as Daz3D or Reallusion!  

OMG WHO IS THAT ??? wink

So many talents, so much market expansion potential, so little renovation efforts to keep fresh new arrivals. 

Carrara 10 already!!! laugh

Post edited by Mythmaker on

Maybe you can watch it with your phone ? smiley

Except it is not publicly available yet due to film festival rules. 

• sukyLsukyL Posts: 251

Congratulations, Phil! Can't wait to watch more. Good luck with the festivals.

• Except it is not publicly available yet due to film festival rules. 

Ah, sorry, I lost the quote somehow, it was ment for evilproducers comment that he could not watch the preview with his computer, maybe the phone works better, possibly has a little more cpu power.... 

• SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132

Congratulation PhilW.

Always good to see Carrara animation out there.

• Belated congratulations also from me, Phil.  I always think of Carrara as a program that would allow a determined user to create a whole animation from scratch rather than as a place to host pre-made content.  It's great to see what you've done.

I'm a little bit curious about the whole Film Festival scene and the need to keep works un-published.  It doesn't apply to me but I suppose anyone determined to amaze the world with their work needs to keep it under wraps until they have done their best and are ready to submit it to festivals?

Over in the Iclone world there are serious users who seem to be investing everything in getting a mini TV series (for example) out there.  I admire their commitment and find it inspiring.

Good luck with your own work - I look forward to seeing all of it.

Yes, I am still a novice in the film festival area, but some preclude you showing it on YouTube or similar before being considered for the festivals.  Our ideal is that it gets picked up for broadcast on TV, or even gets a series commissioned, that would be amazing.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    PhilW said:

...but some preclude you showing it on YouTube or similar before being considered for the festivals.   ...

On a related note, the 48 Hour Film contest also requires that no entries be put on YouTube or have any public showing before they show the entries, typically a couple of weeks after the contest weekend.  And to which they sell tickets (mostly to team members, family members, reluctant friends ...).

Just an update on progress of "Trick or Treat" at Film Festivals. It has been accepted into Frack Fest in Oklahoma and the Boston Film Festival.  It was shown last month at the Montreal World Film Festival and as a result of that, three other festivals have also requested it to be shown at their film festivals, so it must have been well received.  These extra three are another in Montreal (Kids FF) Hong Kong (Kids FF) and Savannah Georgia’s Big River Film Festival.

It is very exciting to know that it will be seen by so many people at so many locations across the globe!

• You may just have to jump across the pond for one of these festivals, Phil!

By the way, Madison, Wisconsin has a big film festival, so you all may want to look into that as well. The Dart and I may be able to see it on the big screen as well!

We are waiting on a couple of film festivals in the UK, one very local to me, so I will definitely attend if it gets selected for those.