Classical Minotaur [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,808

Classical Minotaur for Genesis 8.1 Male

https://www.daz3d.com/classical-minotaur-for-genesis-81-male

Classical Minotaur is a character set that converts Genesis 8.1 Male into an anthropomorphic Minotaur. Two different texture options offer a wide variety of looks, and the character can be used with and without dHair fur options and still have a proper furry look. Options include both Human and Cow legs. There's also a bonus nose ring prop to complete the look.

This character was designed with ultra-realistic skin techniques using the DAZ PBR shader. The High Definition morphs and High Quality textures, along with realistic dHair fur to really bring this character to life for your renders.

Break free of the labyrinth with Classical Minotaur for Genesis 8.1 Male!

Comments

• I absolutely love this model! My personal preference for minotaurs is more beastly legs though. I've tried throwing some fur onto this model such as the hair from Gnollicious and Satyr but the fur always stops at the top of the thigh. Anyone know of any options for fur that covers the legs AND the pelvis?

Minotaur001.JPG
    904 x 1619 - 115K
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,300

Snagged it. heart

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,808

Elemental Flame said:

I absolutely love this model! My personal preference for minotaurs is more beastly legs though. I've tried throwing some fur onto this model such as the hair from Gnollicious and Satyr but the fur always stops at the top of the thigh. Anyone know of any options for fur that covers the legs AND the pelvis?

You would likely have to take a full body fur from some other set and make your own transparency maps to get the looks you are looking for,

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

RawArt said:

Classical Minotaur for Genesis 8.1 Male

Classical Minotaur is a character set that converts Genesis 8.1 Male into an anthropomorphic Minotaur. Two different texture options offer a wide variety of looks, and the character can be used with and without dHair fur options and still have a proper furry look. Options include both Human and Cow legs. There's also a bonus nose ring prop to complete the look.

Great looking figure again. I just got one question: could the tail positioned a bit lower? A human skeleton has a couple bones where a tail would be located, which is way lower than on most 3d models sold by DAZ, probably due to some rigging restrictions? So.. can the tail be moved lower? Else it would be a Minotaur without tail for me wink

maikdecker said:

Great looking figure again. I just got one question: could the tail positioned a bit lower? A human skeleton has a couple bones where a tail would be located, which is way lower than on most 3d models sold by DAZ, probably due to some rigging restrictions? So.. can the tail be moved lower? Else it would be a Minotaur without tail for me wink

There really is no "Lower" it can go.....it is right above the butt crack, and it is morphed to look like it is properly growing out from his spine. Believe me, we do all we can to make things look as natuarl as possible. Humans are just not built the same as animals.

minotail.jpg
    964 x 903 - 496K
  • RawArt said:

Elemental Flame said:

I absolutely love this model! My personal preference for minotaurs is more beastly legs though. I've tried throwing some fur onto this model such as the hair from Gnollicious and Satyr but the fur always stops at the top of the thigh. Anyone know of any options for fur that covers the legs AND the pelvis?

You would likely have to take a full body fur from some other set and make your own transparency maps to get the looks you are looking for,

That's way outside my expertise level... I'll just give my minotaurs pants until you release a furry bottom model that works with him, lol.

Top notch work again. :)

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

LOve the character! great work!... but that Sword!!!! Is that available? I could sure use that!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668

hacsart said:

LOve the character! great work!... but that Sword!!!! Is that available? I could sure use that!

Pretty sure the sword is from this: https://www.daz3d.com/stf-bone-breaker-armor-for-genesis-8-males

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Looks it! Thanks!

RawArt said:

maikdecker said:

There really is no "Lower" it can go.....it is right above the butt crack, and it is morphed to look like it is properly growing out from his spine. Believe me, we do all we can to make things look as natuarl as possible. Humans are just not built the same as animals.

Didn't want to bash you and I know you're doing your best. Still from personal preference and some photos on the internet I'd prefer to have that tail maybe about 5 cm lower. But if it's not possible to move the geocraft, it's okay with me, too. I'd just not use it then wink

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 581

He looks a bit whimpy the head looks doopy and it needs more body hair for my taste and whats with that tail?

So its a pass from me, will stick with the older Minotaurs

Not sure what is expected from the rude comments

If something isnt to your tastes, then just pass on it.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 581

wasnt being rude. just saying not for me

I have some of your stuff and was looking forward to this. 

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 684

Sorry it sounded rude to me as a bystander. 

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

I think he looks great

some fun with this guy

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

very cool

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,661
    edited July 2022

myotherworld said:

He looks a bit whimpy the head looks doopy and it needs more body hair for my taste and whats with that tail?

Not sure what 'doopy' means but the good thing about being based on G8.1M  is that you can combine him with other stuff.

Too wimpy? Bulk hiim up with Biggun (or other body morphs), not wimpy enough? Emaciate him! Too many legs? Cut them off and replace with wheels!! *ahem*

Also, the tail is fine.

Pic below of quick character sketches with this bad boy/bovine (click for larger)

Minotaur ideas.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 279K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 830

Haha A minotaur on wheels... a raging bull is bad enough. We don't need one on wheels. cheeky

I think he looks great. I personally love the head sculpt. And I agree, Silent Winter. There are enough G8 products out there on the market for just about any personalized minotaur.

Thanx...nice thing about D/S is you can easily adjust character shapes to however you want if you have a different vision in mind for your shots.

• Silent Winter said:

myotherworld said:

Not sure what 'doopy' means but the good thing about being based on G8.1M  is that you can combine him with other stuff.

Too wimpy? Bulk hiim up with Biggun (or other body morphs), not wimpy enough? Emaciate him! Too many legs? Cut them off and replace with wheels!! *ahem*

Also, the tail is fine.

Pic below of quick character sketches with this bad boy/bovine (click for larger)

Can even use the transgender morphs to make minotaur into minotaurette! :)

• SadeSade Posts: 883
    Hullo..shameless self advertise, please check my addon to minotaur <3 https://www.daz3d.com/labyrinth-heroes-for-minotaur

DisparateDreamer said:

Sooo... instead of spewing out random nasty words she grows some horns? devil

maikdecker said:

DisparateDreamer said:

Sooo... instead of spewing out random nasty words she grows some horns? devil

Shhhh..., don't give 'em any suggestions.  The words are sharp enough!surprise 

• there must be some cultural reference or something I'm not getting about random nasty words.... 

edited July 2022

DisparateDreamer said:

there must be some cultural reference or something I'm not getting about random nasty words.... 

I think it's that '...taurette' sounds like 'tourette' (a condition wherein someone shouts random profanity (or other words) without knowing they're doing it).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,411

Silent Winter said:

DisparateDreamer said:

there must be some cultural reference or something I'm not getting about random nasty words.... 

I think it's that '...taurette' sounds like 'tourette' (a condition wherein someone shouts random profanity (or other words) without knowing they're doing it).

That is a gross mischaracterization of Tourette syndrome.

edited July 2022

Gordig said:

Silent Winter said:

DisparateDreamer said:

That is a gross mischaracterization of Tourette syndrome.

Fine - was just explaining the reference made above.

"Tourette syndrome is a disorder that involves repetitive movements or unwanted sounds (tics) that can't be easily controlled." which can, but does not usually, include the use of profanity (one of my students has it and includes both the body movements and the swearing).

"Coprolalia is the medical term used to describe one of the most puzzling and socially stigmatizing symptoms of Tourette Syndrome—the involuntary outburst of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks. Other examples may include references to genitals, excrement and sexual acts. Although coprolalia is the most widely known symptom of TS, it occurs in only a minority of patients with TS." - https://tourette.org/resource/understanding-coprolalia/

---

But now we're waaay off topic so here's a non-historically/mythologically accurate portrayal of Theseus and the Minotaur.

Theseus and Minotaur.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 198K

I love Minotaurs.yes  There are several good art works depicting Theseus slaying the minotaur.    My favorite is that huge bronze fountain statue in Hyde park in Sydney, near the Opera House.heart  I didn't know it was there and discovered it by accident just wandering the park before attending a performance at the Opera House.cool

TheseusSlayingMinotaur_Sydney.jpg
    640 x 447 - 86K
  • Dumb question here but... would the geograft for the hooves work on a genesis 8 model, or does it have to be 8.1?

TIA.