Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 10,020
    Haruchai said:
    sellet said:
    Hi everybody Any list for Mousso's characters?

That's an interesting point, none of them have ever jumped out at me, but one of them looked a bit like the actress that played the princess in a movie... Can't think of the name, Anne Hathaway, Mousso didn't notice until her son said... Haruchai what do you think ?
    Steve.

Like others have said the 'likeness' is a bit general for me to think of them as 'look-a-likes' (accent on the 'for me'). It's the same with KrashWerks on another store, some seem to be celebrities but I've never committed to posting them here as they are not necessarily 'look-a-likes' for me.

I think there's enough of a case to be made for Revel as a deliberate Sigourney Weaver likeness. She's certainly presented as such in her promos.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948
    Gordig said:
    Haruchai said:
    sellet said:

That's an interesting point, none of them have ever jumped out at me, but one of them looked a bit like the actress that played the princess in a movie... Can't think of the name, Anne Hathaway, Mousso didn't notice until her son said... Haruchai what do you think ?
    Steve.

Like others have said the 'likeness' is a bit general for me to think of them as 'look-a-likes' (accent on the 'for me'). It's the same with KrashWerks on another store, some seem to be celebrities but I've never committed to posting them here as they are not necessarily 'look-a-likes' for me.

I think there's enough of a case to be made for Revel as a deliberate Sigourney Weaver likeness. She's certainly presented as such in her promos.

Absolutely, and someone posted it at the time as I recall. Not saying that slam dunk ones aren't going to be mentioned it's just that sometimes it gets to the stage where an artist creates some look-a-likes and it's tempting to assume they all are and try to find a celebrity they look like rather than the other way round. Maybe they all are.

• Hylas said:

Not really. By the way, the last 4 models carrried out by isourcetextures look absolutely similar. Good quality but good lord, they look all like the same girl. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,291
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Torquinox said:

Definitely see a strong resemblance there.

Thanks @missuskisses ! Glad to know someone else sees it, too cool

• supernoobsupernoob Posts: 154
    edited March 2020
    sellet said:

Steve.

She really said that she didn't notice?

She used her as catwoman in two of the promo images and even matched Anne Hathaway's hair from the film.

Post edited by supernoob on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,306
    edited March 2020

After binge watching Killing Eve, one of the promos for Amanda for Genesis 8 Female struck me as looking a little like Jodie Comer's character.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • supernoob said:
    sellet said:

Steve.

She really said that she didn't notice?

She used her as catwoman in two of the promo images and even matched Anne Hathaway's hair from the film.

He could have said before she'd done promos.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited March 2020

Hey Chuck Mangione ... that‘s because you are willfully ???? closing your eyes ???? to be “cute” or just to be a “contrarian”. Of course, you may have forgotten to put your glasses on, or have skipped your last eye check up ???? maybe it’s because of you wearing your old spectacles ????. Blood gluecose levels may be low ????, or medications ???? could also be affecting perception ????

(Not sure if the emojis are showing up ... lol)

lface8 said:
    NylonGirl said:
    lface8 said:

And now the new CJ8 is looking a lot like Olivia Wilde.

Maybe if you squint your eyes and turn your head to the side it does. 

Well squint and turn your head to the side.

Olivia Wild & DAZ CJ 8

Not seeing it. 

Post edited by mcorr on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    sellet said:

Steve.

I thought they were just all slightly recycled versions of the original spawn 

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    edited March 2020

Anyone else thinks this image from the promo of the new Lynna Hair kind of looks like Kim Kardashian?

Post edited by alex86fire on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

I have four Oilvia Wilde's in my Directory, the one that looks the least is the one for Genesis 2.

https://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities.php?keywords=olivia+wilde&active=1

• Sevrin said:

After binge watching Killing Eve, one of the promos for Amanda for Genesis 8 Female struck me as looking a little like Jodie Comer's character.

The promo with dirt on her face? I see it too.

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 200
    Torquinox said:

Definitely see a strong resemblance there.

Looks more like Raquel Welch to me. Look at the shape of her mouth, her cheekbones and eye ridges. The main pic is the one I base my opinion upon.

nDelphi said:

I have four Oilvia Wilde's in my Directory, the one that looks the least is the one for Genesis 2.

https://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities.php?keywords=olivia+wilde&active=1

A lot of beammeup seems more like wishful thinking to me, or being overly generous in interpretation perhaps. And it seems fairly abandoned now since there's quite a flood of morphs that would certainly qualify for the gallery. 

Gordig said:
    Haruchai said:
    sellet said:

Steve.

The thing about Krashwerks is that their characters are all quite distinctive from one another, which tends to make one think they're more likely to be based on individuals. That being said the only one I recognize as being a likeness from a cursory inspection is KYLAH (Keira Knightley). Apart from her I'm not certain I'd render an opinion. But that is a pretty strong likeness. 

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    Hylas said:

Not really. By the way, the last 4 models carrried out by isourcetextures look absolutely similar. Good quality but good lord, they look all like the same girl. 

Yeah, I agree. I don't mean to sound rude, but I think all those characters look similar. Like it's the same base preset face with very minor edits. Not distinct enough for me unfortunately.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,057

Not sure if this site has been shared here before, but I just stumbled across it via a google search:

http://www.relativitybook.com/CoolStuff/facebank.html

Essentially, it's a bunch of facegen files of various celebrities.  So presumably you could load these into Facegen and generate some likenesses for Daz.

Not sure how well it'd play with the 'Daz' version of Facegen, but am about to experiment with the Christopher Lee file to see how that goes.

In any case, I figured the link might be worth a share, if it hasn't been shared already.

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172

Not sure if this site has been shared here before, but I just stumbled across it via a google search:

Essentially, it's a bunch of facegen files of various celebrities.  So presumably you could load these into Facegen and generate some likenesses for Daz.

Not sure how well it'd play with the 'Daz' version of Facegen, but am about to experiment with the Christopher Lee file to see how that goes.

In any case, I figured the link might be worth a share, if it hasn't been shared already.

Hey, nice find. It's got Lee, Cushing and Price. Horror wonderland!

edited March 2020

Hey, nice find. It's got Lee, Cushing and Price. Horror wonderland!

I ended up downloading Peter Cushing/Tarkin instead.  Here's how he looks after loading into Facegen Artist Pro on a G8M base:

It's a decent starting point at least.  The scar is simulated in the skin texture, but you might be able to replicate it in some fashion on the actual mesh using morphs, Mesh Grabber and such.

Short form, if you have FaceGen, well have fun!

PeterCushingG8M.jpg
    800 x 931 - 125K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • dark-BuBdark-BuB Posts: 44
    Hylas said:

Uuhm, i think not...
    But she is very similar to me to the little Catwoman from the Gotham serie..

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752
    Hylas said:

Uuhm, i think not...

Uhm... how about nope? Doesn't look a bit like Camren Bicondova to me.. different eyes, different nose, different everything...

• New RY Spencer..Hugh Jackman?

https://www.daz3d.com/ry-spencer-for-michael-8

RY Spencer.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 156K
    Jackman.jpg
    1363 x 2048 - 479K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Spencer seems to have a softer face, but there are some similarities

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,126

New RY Spencer..Hugh Jackman?

https://www.daz3d.com/ry-spencer-for-michael-8

My thought, too

• dark-BuBdark-BuB Posts: 44
    Hylas said:

Uuhm, i think not...

Uhm... how about nope? Doesn't look a bit like Camren Bicondova to me.. different eyes, different nose, different everything...

:D Hmhm, maybe, but she is closer to Catwoman than Katie :D

I think Miah HD resembles Marisa Tormei. https://www.daz3d.com/miah-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Torquinox said:

I think Miah HD resembles Marisa Tormei. https://www.daz3d.com/miah-hd-for-genesis-8-female

I immediately thought of Rosie Perez when I saw the face.  A younger Rosie, say from the 1980s, as her smile lines, dimples and such have become more prominent as she has matured.  Not a perfect match, but might be close enough to tweak fairly easily, mainly enhancing the dimples, maybe a minor nose tweak and such.

This discussion has been closed.