New Daz 3D 'Safe Search' Filter

13»

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,074

I have zero interest in sexy lingerie and all the other sexy stuff, but the blurred images are super annoying.

• EeyoreEeyore Posts: 30

This filter without a means to disable is a bit more than annoying.  I'm darn near 60 y/o, and if nothing else, I should be able to select what I want to view of items I might have interest in buying.  I mean, come on already, you have standards in place to prohibit content which might be a bit too racy for youngsters, let us adults make up our own minds, and if we don't like an image we can go past it.  It's not fair to vendors or customers who wish to purchase products to be restricted in this manner if it's a small minority of people who might be put off/offended by a computer generated character in what might be a skimpy outfit.  For those few people: You have a choice of whether to be offended or not, simply don't look at it!

Last, there's images posted which I might not favor for one reason or another, but I can choose to look at it or not.  I often will at least look at the detail of the work, I can appreciate the efforts of the creator, the time they spent constructing the scene....  I don't have to approve of it, but can at least make an adult decision to look at it or not.  We should have the same liberty in the store too.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,102

Eeyore said:

This filter without a means to disable is a bit more than annoying.  I'm darn near 60 y/o, and if nothing else, I should be able to select what I want to view of items I might have interest in buying.  I mean, come on already, you have standards in place to prohibit content which might be a bit too racy for youngsters, let us adults make up our own minds, and if we don't like an image we can go past it.  It's not fair to vendors or customers who wish to purchase products to be restricted in this manner if it's a small minority of people who might be put off/offended by a computer generated character in what might be a skimpy outfit.  For those few people: You have a choice of whether to be offended or not, simply don't look at it!

But you can decide that - just go to your Account page, click the edit link for your profile, and allow mature content.

Last, there's images posted which I might not favor for one reason or another, but I can choose to look at it or not.  I often will at least look at the detail of the work, I can appreciate the efforts of the creator, the time they spent constructing the scene....  I don't have to approve of it, but can at least make an adult decision to look at it or not.  We should have the same liberty in the store too.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited March 17

At the beach we see guys in typical shorts or swim trunks. Kids see them. The mature content is less provacative in most cases than a pair of shorts. Who is monitoring the use of these filters. Or, are they like the forum ads, unmonitored, meaning some may be off-putting . . . some may be not.

Edit: If DAZ can do a mature filter why can't a a license filter exist for products we paid for yet cannot find such as interactive licenses and 3D print? How selective is that? Please people who browse versus displease customers who buy? I don't get the logic.

Edit: Is customer retention not valued?

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 645
    edited March 17

Richard Haseltine said:

Eeyore said:

But you can decide that - just go to your Account page, click the edit link for your profile, and allow mature content.

Last, there's images posted which I might not favor for one reason or another, but I can choose to look at it or not.  I often will at least look at the detail of the work, I can appreciate the efforts of the creator, the time they spent constructing the scene....  I don't have to approve of it, but can at least make an adult decision to look at it or not.  We should have the same liberty in the store too.T

My constructive feedback on the feature, whch I hope is useful.

I feel much the same as everyone, or at least almost everyone else. This site contains no images that we aren't exposed to every day as we walk around towns or watch TV in the middle of the day, so IMO, it's all a bit silly. But maybe there is a tiny, tiny number of people that don't want to see woman wearing a bikini, and also use Daz. If so, they are the people that should be inconvinienced, not everyone else. It's not because their views aren't vaild, it's because there are very few of them.

I also found a bug:

• Go to a mature preview when not logged in.
    • Click it, and say you want to see the content.
    • Navigate somewhere else.
    • The preference is not retained. I need to agree to see every single image.

Fixing that would make it less annoying.

Something else that would help if the default can't be changed, is to provide the option to show the mature content from the thumbmail or the top-level search. As far as I can see, the only way to see the thumbnails is to create an account, log in, find the setting (which assumes you know it exists), and set it.

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited April 4

This filter is very annoying. Changing it is not intuitive and frustrating.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on