New Daz 3D 'Safe Search' Filter

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,529

barbult said:

And another questionable "mature content" item:
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-spring-vibes-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-female

Also, the texture addon is NOT marked mature. I don't see any sense in showing a customer a texture set for a product that they can't even see to purchase.

This is the product marked as "mature". She's pretty covered neck to knee, including full long sleeves. Marking this "mature" must be an error.

They did say that all the promo pictures are evaluated, and I can see knees on some of them wink 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

PerttiA said:

They did say that all the promo pictures are evaluated, and I can see knees on some of them wink 

We can get Sexy Skinz - Bodysuits Collection for Genesis 8.1 Females instead. It isn't filtered out.

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

We can get Sexy Skinz - Bodysuits Collection for Genesis 8.1 Females instead. It isn't filtered out.

But the only knees on those pictures belong to wooden dolls cheeky 

• So, that "Spring Vibes" outfit is mature, but two guys caressing each other's bare chests in the promo, A-OK, eh?

https://www.daz3d.com/together-brotherhood-vol-2-for-genesis-81-male

Got it.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711

The store doesn't remember my Show Mature setting. I spent five minutes looking for an item on Linday's store, and I thought it might've been removed from the store. Nope. Daz turned off my Show All setting. You guys are beyond the bounds of reasonable discussion.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It doesn't remember mine either ... whenever I am logging in, it is turned off.

I haven't logged out though.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

barbult said:

Also, the texture addon is NOT marked mature. I don't see any sense in showing a customer a texture set for a product that they can't even see to purchase.

This is the product marked as "mature". She's pretty covered neck to knee, including full long sleeves. Marking this "mature" must be an error.

I really hope that is a mistake.

Paintbox said:

barbult said:

I really hope that is a mistake.

Two of the promo pictures showed knees 

xyer0 said:

Well - according to the first message it should be turned on for Current Users - which I obviously am.

Mature content will be hidden by default for any new customer or visitor to the website but will remain visible for all current users.

Kerya said:

xyer0 said:

Well - according to the first message it should be turned on for Current Users - which I obviously am.

Mature content will be hidden by default for any new customer or visitor to the website but will remain visible for all current users.

Yup. As usual for Daz, implementation falls short of stated intent, which may be why they often avoid stating their intentions. At least there's a workaround.

"My Account->Account Info" on the right side "Edit", there's a checkbox for Mature Content.

PerttiA said:

"My Account->Account Info" on the right side "Edit", there's a checkbox for Mature Content.

Thank you.

It was checked ... I unchecked it, logged out, logged in - no Mature Content.

I checked it, logged out, logged in - now I do see Mature Content after logging in.

Toggle, toggle, Daz3d fun ...

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983

Had noticed this setting earlier had not realized there was a thread.. lol Anyway with the Mature setting turned off about 5965 items go away, have to wonder what they were.. laugh

Ghosty12 said:

Had noticed this setting earlier had not realized there was a thread.. lol Anyway with the Mature setting turned off about 5965 items go away, have to wonder what they were.. laugh

Some promo pictures were showing bare knees blush 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited September 2022

Strange facts

FG College Dorm Floor is flagged as Mature Content
    FG Senior College Dorm Bundle isn't.

Bundles don't inherit the flag of the included content. 

Metadata is probably the weakness of Daz3D Shop, it's a full time job for an ISFJ person.

Loungewear Adventure Styles for Verse Clothing Sets is flagged as Mature Content
    X Fashion Leather Lingerie Set isn't.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited September 2022

Yeah. I really think they are using artificial "intelligence" as a part of the tagging process. cheeky

Pictures on the left show navel.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,941

Wait, a heavily censored artist site that has a “mature content” tag!?

Is it April already? :P

• Before doing this great add on for search...can you get Search to work right to begin with. I've searched for one thing and I get results for other things that don't have anything to do with my search subject. Waste of time to use it. I'm also finding Searching Studio as well is hit or miss. I type Bucket and I get None as a result and I know I've got hundreds of buckets scattered in my folders. Sometimes I get results, but more times than not, it finds nothing. I've got multiple locations and Studio is probably being stuck up and will only look in one and not the others even if I have the main root link clicked. 

Along with that Mature click box, can we have Favorites added so we can check that and see if any of our Favorites are in a current sale, some of us don't have time to scour 80 pages of items and we have over 1500 favorites. Just would be a nice addition I think. 

• well I got a suprise looking through one of the sales here I saw one product that I wasn't actually interested in but in the promo pic displayed I wanted to see if the clothing the characte was wearing was listed in other products used so I clicked on it the sales page didn't display the promo picture BUT the main store image was a fully nude woman laying on her stomach so fully exposed backside and fully showing her breasts nipples so does this mean there's gonna tobe more adult type promos - btw can't say name or link last time I reported something from another section I got violently threatened for doing so 

• ANGELREAPER1972 said:

well I got a suprise looking through one of the sales here I saw one product that I wasn't actually interested in but in the promo pic displayed I wanted to see if the clothing the characte was wearing was listed in other products used so I clicked on it the sales page didn't display the promo picture BUT the main store image was a fully nude woman laying on her stomach so fully exposed backside and fully showing her breasts nipples so does this mean there's gonna tobe more adult type promos - btw can't say name or link last time I reported something from another section I got violently threatened for doing so 

Then please PM me - there really shouldn't be any images like that in store.

• Sevrin said:

Since you're going down this road, you might want to require a login before allowing users to enable mature content, like other sites with a similar option do.

If the Stay signed in checkbox worked, then I wouldn't mind them doing that, but for me it doesn't work -- I keep getting logged out if I don't visit every day. It would be totally infuriating to have to re-login every 2 days just to see what little mature content there is in the store.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678

some of our content isn't available and don't undersand why .. but the worst .. how the hell can I turn this filter off?

3D-GHDesign said:

some of our content isn't available and don't undersand why .. but the worst .. how the hell can I turn this filter off?

I don't see the checkbox for the filter and the option to enable/disable the filter is no longer in "Edit Account Information"

When I uncheck "Hide Items I own", I see 247 items in the store.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552

I would love to filter out the sex clothes and lingerie but if the filter is not working as expected I think I will hold off on setting it up.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552

PerttiA said:

3D-GHDesign said:

I don't see the checkbox for the filter and the option to enable/disable the filter is no longer in "Edit Account Information"

When I uncheck "Hide Items I own", I see 247 items in the store.

I don't see it either???

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,233

Same here - but I've seen it before. It must be gone?

• fibre73fibre73 Posts: 16

nice filter, especially if there is no option to turn it off or on. Where was that option again?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    edited March 12

fixed it... Not sure how my mature got UNchecked???  weird.

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

see I'm not the only one that can't see, was looking at the sale for the bundles and for the first time ever I can't see what's advertised V3D Autopose For Genesis 9 Bundle the main promo pic and another is censored with a mature content actually scrolling down it's not the only one others are Eveline Medieval Tavern Maid Bundle for Genesis 9, 8.1 and 8 Female (most of the images), HM Lightstalker Bundle (most images), Essential Enhancements Bundle,Camera - Lights - Tone Mapping - Action Bundle,Luanne's Messy Apartment Bundle, HM dForce Vihar for Genesis 9 Bundle (only one promo pic showing rest censored), Mannequin Bundle for Genesis 9, Day at the Beach for Genesis 9 Bundle, Van Helsing 9 HD Starter Bundle,Sammy's Summer Fun Bundle, Sarah's Fun in the Sun Bundle, if I can't see it not buying it bit like those times we were asked to pay in advance for stuff without seeing what we were going to get maybe trying it here again?