"Thousands of assets for DAZ Studio, 3DS Max, Maya, & Poser"

This is now on the DAZ front/home page: "Thousands of assets for DAZ Studio3DS MaxMaya, & Poser 3D CONTENT MARKETPLACE

Notice anything missing?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

Bryce cheeky

• And...Carrara?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

been like that for months and months now, there are several threads about it in this forum

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Yup - and it still grates...

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Like “average user”, I think that if it's good for Poser, it's good for Carrara too.
    Perhaps am I wrong ?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

oh sock, I put Carrara in the search engine and this came up

http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-8-5-pro

at 65 bucks, cheaper than the non pro.....

Oh I dont know, I just saw this

Garstor et Evilproducer - thanks for your kind comments on my last picture.
    Interestingly, I just received a complaint from another member via PM about the content of my work being disturbing.

I forgot about my work being disturbing, so dont feel special Joe when people take up their pitchforks ;)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    head wax said:

$65.00 bucks for those with Platinium Club, if you don't have Platinium Club and wish to buy, get the 3 month Platinum Club.

Regards, Bunyip

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Like “average user”, I think that if it's good for Poser, it's good for Carrara too.
    Perhaps am I wrong ?

That's how I've always seen "Carrara" content: Just buy stuff that works with Poser

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

I've been hanging in Carrara 7Pro for so long because I just couldn't justify jumping into 8.5 at the price. But I was about to start grabbing up some materials for a new project so I grabbed the 3 month platinum status like Buny suggested and, well...  :D

Carrara.jpg
    1024 x 676 - 212K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    head wax said:

Heh...

I sort of ...  ummm...

Had a bad day when I made the rude-enough-to-be-deleted post you were responding to!  So I walked away for a week to calm down  wink

I suppose I should apologize for that, but wont!  Merely acknowledging that I should will have to do for now unless somebody  I respect was offended and asks me to apologize, then I may.  But I'm still outraged that one needs to search for things Like Cowrarra in the store to find it, and even more outraged at just today getting paid and missing that sale, but think I can keep the comments limited to that for now - just ...  maybe.

Oh well, time to go buy some yucky human related content for that commission! 

Gadzooks!  Reduced to rendering humans for money...

I hates humans.  Especially in art.  It should all be cows!

No wonder I had such an off day  devil  And the worst part - it's for a religious website!!  How do people handle doing work for things they find morally reprehensible, but can't pass up because they need the money??  Hope I win the lottery soon so I can walk away from this job and tell them to find somebody who is not quite as repulsed by the work as I am...

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    head wax said:

Heh...

I sort of ...  ummm...

Had a bad day when I made the rude-enough-to-be-deleted post you were responding to!  So I walked away for a week to calm down  wink

I suppose I should apologize for that, but wont!  Merely acknowledging that I should will have to do for now unless somebody  I respect was offended and asks me to apologize, then I may.  But I'm still outraged that one needs to search for things Like Cowrarra in the store to find it, and even more outraged at just today getting paid and missing that sale, but think I can keep the comments limited to that for now - just ...  maybe.

No wonder I had such an off day  devil  And the worst part - it's for a religious website!!  How do people handle doing work for things they find morally reprehensible, but can't pass up because they need the money??  Hope I win the lottery soon so I can walk away from this job and tell them to find somebody who is not quite as repulsed by the work as I am...

I feel for you man! I sincerely and dearly hope things start to go better for you, and especially for your lady-love. My own troubles are paltry and insignificant compared to what you and your love must be going through. If it helps any, you have been in my thoughts during my intermittent absences.

edited July 2015
    head wax said:

Heh...

I sort of ...  ummm...

sorry about your bad day, last night I had a possum fall through the ceiling at 3.10 and whee overe evrything I hold dear, I caught it at 3.30 am, and got back  to sleep at 5.12. am :)

Possum soup tonight..... I'll send some over :) Man hugs from Oz.!

Post edited by Headwax on
    OZ has possums? Native or invasive?

Ringtails are lovely, most feed them bits of fruit if in backyard, they come out at night and run along the fence, that said they eat the rose petals and if they get into the roof can indeed cause a lot of damage by peeing devil

as cute as a mum with a baby on her back looked in the trapping cage at my Aunty's house it was costly for her to replace the insulation in the ceiling.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615

"After all, this IS a Carrara forum..."

Oh, wait, I forgot. Not necessarily.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

me and the wife had a weekend away to a coastal retreat a few years ago.. the old cabin was super dandy, warm and cosey and the bed was inviting.. our evening amourous adventure was just about to start when we heard some growling and hissing coming from the ceiling...

we turned the light on and looked up to see a large hole in the ceiling and peering down on us whith barred teeth were three possums... scared the sh!t out of us as we weren't expecting that!

but it did make the night adventurous and I did a great Crocodile Dundee to get rid of them!! yes

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615

Wouldn't this discussion be more appropriate in, say, and National Geographic forum somewhere? Maybe you guys can find a cows and possum interest group. After all, this is a Carrara forum. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me.

edited July 2015
    Stezza said:

me and the wife had a weekend away to a coastal retreat a few years ago.. the old cabin was super dandy, warm and cosey and the bed was inviting.. our evening amourous adventure was just about to start when we heard some growling and hissing coming from the ceiling...

we turned the light on and looked up to see a large hole in the ceiling and peering down on us whith barred teeth were three possums... scared the sh!t out of us as we weren't expecting that!

but it did make the night adventurous and I did a great Crocodile Dundee to get rid of them!! yes

ha ha  yes, my mate lost an entire arm and one eye trying to fight off a baby possum one night - you are lucky to still be with us.

Wendy that is the most attractive monoplus I have ever seen,

this is a render I did of the Daz snake when daz used to suport Carrara. It sits on my verandah every moaning and watches me iron my dress... err I mean shirt ;)

apparently they eat possum eaters :)

I had a lot of trouble getting this close, I had to pretend I was a vegetarian :)

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited July 2015
    Stezza said:

Oh my!

I missed the "r" in peering the first time I read that!!  surprise

Gave the post a whole new meaning.

I've been fighting squirrells in my roof for years.  Little things are persistent and annoying little buggerers.  And when one got in the house once, he missed the "r" in peering too!!  That made my cats freak out and they peered everywhere that squirrel stepped to help get rid of the smell.

And none of them even mentioned Carrara or any other 3D sortware.  They all got banned for a week.

Post edited by Sockratease on

I feel for you man! I sincerely and dearly hope things start to go better for you, and especially for your lady-love. My own troubles are paltry and insignificant compared to what you and your love must be going through. If it helps any, you have been in my thoughts during my intermittent absences.

head wax said:

sorry about your bad day, last night I had a possum fall through the ceiling at 3.10 and whee overe evrything I hold dear, I caught it at 3.30 am, and got back  to sleep at 5.12. am :)

Possum soup tonight..... I'll send some over :) Man hugs from Oz.!

Thanks for the thoughts.  We're geting by as best we can.  Possum soup sounds good as long as we keep that first vowel intact and don't make a similar mistake to my misreading of Stezza's post!

edited July 2015
    head wax said:

UGH!

Just went looking again, and can't find the upgrade to 8.5 from 8.something_less_then_5!!

I'm still out of sorts, so this is fair warniing...  I may MOO Vehemently and say not nice things again!!! 

This sort of thing may have more to do with lagging Carara sales than anything else.

As for using the store search, see attached screenshot of search results for "carrara upgrade" and tell me what I did wrong.  Surely I must be at fault because none of the results apply to the search at all and the Divine Royal Web Lords at DAZ could not possibly be hiding the upgrade pricing from me, right?  I wont pay full price for 8.5 when I have bought everything after 6  (for which I paid full price) at a reduced price for an upgrade deal  (even if I missed the last sale, I was considering upgrading anyhow - but after this latest ...  event ... I am once again unsure if I should bother.

Clipboard01.png.jpg
    1273 x 845 - 421K
    Post edited by Sockratease on

Those are cuter than North American possums. Or is it O'possums?

My problem on the farm is a filthy rat infestation. They dig down in the earth floors of the chicken coop and my cow shed. They find their ways into my garage (which is built out the remains of the barn). I can't use poison, (although I am sorely tempted to), because of our free range poultry and the possibility that one of our cats or dogs would find a poisoned one, and become poisoned itself.

Sorry. No pictures of them, they're dead in traps and not very photogenic, what with their squished heads, or partial remains (from other rats eating their dead brethren).

Disgusting creatures. Wish I had a couple bull snakes or Headwaxes visitor around here. Although... That could be an issue with the chicks, chickens, etc.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    head wax said:

UGH!

Just went looking again, and can't find the upgrade to 8.5 from 8.something_less_then_5!!

I'm still out of sorts, so this is fair warniing...  I may MOO Vehemently and say not nice things again!!! 

This sort of thing may have more to do with lagging Carara sales than anything else.

As for using the store search, see attached screenshot of search results for "carrara upgrade" and tell me what I did wrong.  Surely I must be at fault because none of the results apply to the search at all and the Divine Royal Web Lords at DAZ could not possibly be hiding the upgrade pricing from me, right?  I wont pay full price for 8.5 when I have bought everything after 6  (for which I paid full price) at a reduced price for an upgrade deal  (even if I missed the last sale, I was considering upgrading anyhow - but after this latest ...  event ... I am once again unsure if I should bother.

Sock, refer attached screenshot for what you should be looking for.

If you buy a 3 month Platinum club subscription before you buy 8.5 Pro you get an extra discount. Makes it worthwhile getting the 3 month PC club.

Also with the Platinum Club you get a Monthly PA Coupon of $6.00 off when you buy $18.00 or more which you could also use to lower the price again.

Carrara 85 Platinum Club.png
    1283 x 716 - 270K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

The PC+ price for 8.5 pro is regularly $65, and since it's a Daz product, you may even be able to use one of your $6 vouchers on it, bringing the price down to $59. VERY occasionally it has been reported as cheaper. I don't know what the previous upgrade deals were, but I don't recall ever seeing upgrade discounts that deep on other products.

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

UGH!

Sock, refer attached screenshot for what you should be looking for.

If you buy a 3 month Platinum club subscription before you buy 8.5 Pro you get an extra discount. Makes it worthwhile getting the 3 month PC club.

Also with the Platinum Club you get a Monthly PA Coupon of $6.00 off when you buy $18.00 or more which you could also use to lower the price again.

That's weird...

I distinctly recall the upgrade from previous version to be a separate product listing.  This just seems to show the regular item with no clearly marked upgrade from 8.0.

Is the cost the same whether you own version 8 or not?

That would be  ...  Silly.

Thanks for the clarification.  I had seen that page when searching for Carrara 8.5, but when searching for what I expected to find, the upgrade path purchase, I got the screen shot I posted.

More of the Enigmatic DAZ Business Model which seems to be missing a few pieces...

Tim_A said:

The PC+ price for 8.5 pro is regularly $65, and since it's a Daz product, you may even be able to use one of your $6 vouchers on it, bringing the price down to $59. VERY occasionally it has been reported as cheaper. I don't know what the previous upgrade deals were, but I don't recall ever seeing upgrade discounts that deep on other products.

Thatnk for the tip.  I see a price of $171 as a non PC Member.  No indication of any upgrade path or "Join our Politically Correct" club and get it cheaper!

I don't expect to see a PC Promo on every item, but the upgrade path being missing is extremely confusing and maybe something they should address.  After they have addressed the problem of the expanding universe.  That, and just Release The Millennium Cow!  Then maybe we'll see some sensible stuff going on around here!

More weirdness...  crying

Decided the additional discount was worth joining PC.  enlightened

Joined.  heart

Now see PC Forum.  cool

But...  No additional discount on Carrara 8.5 shows!  Still $171  broken heart

Does that take longer than other aspects of joining?  I'll give it overnight then start being unpleasant  wink

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Are you seeing PC prices for the PC items?

Just came back from checking that to see your question!  Thanks for taking an interest.

I checked "show only pc+" and sorted by price - low to high.

Cheapest item is $6.95, so I guess not.  There should be $1.99 items someplace and thought that would be the best way to find them.

Ugh...

Fortunately, I am finding a small amount of patience I had saved for an emergency, and am using it now.  Hopefully it will last long enough for this to sort itself out...