Images are vanishing from the old threads!

de3ande3an Posts: 915
edited July 2015 in Carrara Discussion

It seems that images that were posted in the old threads are disappearing.

Posted images only appear on the first two or three thread-pages of posts. After that, all of the image links are broken until the last two or three pages of the thread.

And clicking on one of the few images that are still visible does not produce the larger version. Instead the link is broken.

I sure hope they're working on this!

Post edited by de3an on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

I hope its just a cloudflare thing, there are a lot old render threads I would be sorry to lose

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

I was looking at a render thread when I noticed it.

Try looking through these:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43528/post-your-renders-6-let-it-rip
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20965/post-your-renders-5-yet-more-hope

In the "post-your-renders-6-let-it-rip" thread every post from page 3 until near the very last few pages are missing the images.

And I don't see any images in the older "post-your-renders-5-yet-more-hope" thread.

sad (well, at least there's a frowny face emoticon.)

that would truely be a shame if those were lost forever crying

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This is another one of those things that is only happening to some people it appears.

Chohole said:

This is another one of those things that is only happening to some people it appears.

Do you see the images in the two threads that I mentioned above? (Remember to look several pages into the thread, since for some reason some images still appear in the first and last few pages.)

yes gone for me too

I quickly grabbed a full htm page save of some threads I hold dear

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

I get no images at all in either Chrome or IE surprise

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

No images here either.. no

using Firefox and Edge browsers

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited July 2015

I see images in those links

I'm using Firefox. And I'm cool. Maybe that helps.  smiley

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on

The images are starting to show up for me now, so hopefully it was just an image remapping process for the new forums.

maybe the images can't get across the Pacific Rim to me...

Dustrider, even your avatar has been banquished on my browser!

Wonga said:

maybe the images can't get across the Pacific Rim to me...

Dustrider, even your avatar has been banquished on my browser!

Loss of my avatar is probably a good thing  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

none for me either and I am cooler than Joe so maybe I am too cool?

no dustrider  avatar either, unless your new avatar is a small cross?

yes maybe they are having twouble clossing the Pathific?

It ith a big othean after awe

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Hold on, I think I have it it's something to wo with Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/daz3d.com/vanilla/plugins/BetterNotifications/class.betternotifications.plugin.php on line 37

Just a small joke.... ;)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Here's an odd twist to this current mess...

I was in one thread earlier today and all the images were present and accounted for.  About 20 minutes ago, I returned to the thread and many of the images were AWOL.  So I closed the thread's tab and made note to post here about it.  But I just went back a couple of minutes ago and all the images were present, again. 

To me that screams a caching/server side problem.

In the current Carrara Challenge thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57301/carrara-challenge-18-graphic-novel-wip-thread-now-open

​I can see no images on page 2.

Most of the images on pages 1 and 3 don't link to larger versions when they are clicked on.

edited July 2015

Maybe, because this is something that is not affecting all members we could ask for people to state what browser and what filters etc they have used when this is happening.  Also I guess it is possible that AV could be doing something?

We need to work out what is the common denominator.

BTW we do have at least one Moderator (admin) that is experiencing this as well.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

Raises her mod hand and nods.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited July 2015

I've also noticed that my Art of the Promo thread has many missing images after the first page.   

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26232/art-of-the-promo/p1

browser is Firefox

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Chrome and in  Australia

• Saba TaruSaba Taru Posts: 170

Images are gone for me as well.

Mac OSX 10.9.5 running latest versions of Chrome and Safari.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2015

Windows 7 pro 64bit. Firefox 39.0  and IE (internet Exploder v11.0.9600.17843).

No AV (no CPU-leaching antivirus installed). No Add-on blocker things (just the suppress pop-up windows in Firefox checked. set to allow "*daz*" pop-up windows).

So, I am more at a loss. I've noticed images work one day, gone the next, then just thumb nails with broken links the next day.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/8c/695f5631a760327e7a1e67ef6af90d.png

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/fe/4062fc351cfb9ad6d1175513b069bd.png

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

And of course now I have started getting problems myself, having been saying I wasn't seeing it.  I get this in some threads now   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/785464/#Comment_785464

Firefox 35 with no addons and Avast

We have re-reported this problem to DAZ 3D, using this thread as a link for them to see what people are posting about it. 

Please keep the posts on topic to the subject

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 873

right now seeing if SeaMonkey shows images

same problem.

See some images, and some are Broke

• artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165

I'd consider it progress if I could even get to a blank photo frame. I can't upload a photo.

I do attach file and I get,   attach file no file selected

uploading

Waited for up to 1/2 hour and still says uploading. I read the help file and selected the image button and it 

gives no upload option. The file is 462 kb and I have an 11mbps upload speed.

Using Chrome on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Chrome, Firefox, edge browsers as well as

ipad safari

also the quote box is hard to write in using ipad

windows10 & ios8

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited July 2015

Chohole, as i get time today, I'll start with the Art Studio and cruise through those using Chrome, Windows 7, 64 bit. I'll try to hit the first three pages and click to enlarge images. That way we'll have some kind of organization at least for the Art Studio forum. I'll edit and post the results here so they'll be in one spot.

EDIT:

Novica And Invited Guest Contributors, Thread 6: Images there, click to enlarges not there, starting page 1

Images not there at all, starting page 1

Exumbra23's Render Thread

Car and Bike Lovers Thread- Mark IV

ZDG Random Daz Studio Discoveries  

Bigh Some of My Renders and Animations

Book Covers 

Art of the Promo

Serene Night's Sci-Fi Fun

Okay, seen enough to know the entire Art Studio forum is down. (as of 10am Central Time, 7-10-15. 

Note this behavior:

Samples of my Renders By Cosmo: one image only was there on the first page, the rest gone. When I clicked on the one image, page not found, and then it was also gone from the first page!

Post edited by Novica on
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited July 2015

Win764. Firefox v39.

I primarily use Firefox and avoid Chrome (really lame security) and IE. Also has 2 dozens Firefox addons, with Daz3D.com VERY white-listed.

Daz3D is the only website that I'm forced to use Chrome to get a coherent view - for the last 6 months since I become active again with Daz3D.

The problem got worse after the forum upgrade a few days ago. Another ticket submitted, 2 days old.

Copy paste bug report:

------

#196730 Daz3D site fails to detect enabled Firefox Javascript issue now WORSEN

Previous report 192387:

Daz3D site refuses to work in FireFox (v35, v36) even with Javascript turned on and Daz3D.com fully whitelisted in all security/ privacy related official settings as well as third party add-ons.

The situation has not changed even with update to v37 as suggested by tech.

The situation has not changed even with update to v38.

I have continued to have to launch Chrome (which famously compromise security) just to shop at Daz3D content store. Which reduce my window shopping impetus. Which reduce impulse buying. Which reduce your sales.

The situation has now worsen after the latest forum update.

Elaboration:
    I still use Firefox v38 to browse Daz3D forums, its layout/looks still behave "normal" in Firefox. I only resort to Chrome when I need to quote forum post to reply (quoting text/ formating has not worked basically). But since the latest forum "upgrade", all forum pages have stopped looking normal. It now also claim Firefox Javascript isn't enabled even when it is.

See attached pic for "new" Daz forum layout in most recent Firefox v38, v39.

In short, nevermind shopping the content store, I can no longer browse Daz forums with Firefox.

I'm a power Firefox user and hyperactive web surfer. Daz3D is THE ONLY royalty site that refuses to detect enabled Javascript in Firefox even with all my security + privacy settings turned OFF.

It is the only site I frequent that looks unitelligible enough in Firefox and forces a switch to Chrome to be viewable. I hope that gives a perspective.

Please fix ASAP.

-----

IMO the most systematic way to troubleshoot this kind of global issues is to have a dedicated Daz3D forum for bug report, with subforums: DS bugs. Carrara bugs. Forum bugs. Etc.

Post edited by Mythmaker on