*Released!* Natural Eyes 9 For Genesis 9 {Commercial}

chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192
edited February 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

https://www.daz3d.com/natural-eyes-9-merchant-resource-for-genesis-9

A comprehensive Merchant Resource for the Genesis 9 figure.

*48 Iris Texture Maps in a Transparent png Format*

*2 Sclera maps*

Corresponding Normal, Bump, and Displacement Maps

Left, Right, and Full Material Settings For Each Eye Style

Material Settings For the Tear

8 HD Iris morphs for Each Eye

2 Lacrimal Morphs

3 Settings to Change Translucency

3 Settings to change SSS

3 Settings to change the SubD

A 12 page Comprehensive PDF with Directions and Explanations

And of course.. the best part.. I left for last!

An improved shader set up that makes these render FAST :)

TIPS & TRICKS - I'll add more as I think of them!

Youtube Video How Tohttps://youtu.be/uZUUZ7P6774

• Sclera Natural and Sclera Aged works best with most skin colors. If they are still too bright, You can change the diffuse color(not the map) to a slightly darker shade on the Eyemoisture Left and Eyemoisture Right.
  • Sclera Bright options are designed for paler complexions.
  • Due to the design, the irises end up looking smaller. Some people like that, some don't.  Dialing the iris size up about 35% brings it back to the same size as V9's. The iris size is a standard morph and is on G9, not the eyes.
  • If you do adjust the size of the irises, they may intersect with the tear. I have included a Tear Move Out Morph for this.
  • If the irises look too dark - Add the sss option. Always start with the SSS Higher. This is usually enough. 
  • If the irises look too smooth - This could be a couple of things. It may need to render longer, or it may need some subd (make sure if you use the option I provided that you have the eyes selected in the scene before you use this),  
  • If the eyes look took glowy/not natural - Play with the translucency options. If they still look too bright change the translucency value manually AND/OR change the translucency color (not the map) from white to a darker gray on the Eye Left and Eye Right surfaces..
  • If the limbal ring isnt dark enough - Try using one of the eye reflection adjustments - Medium or Beauty
  • If the eyes look too dry or are not reflecting enough:  This is a lighting thing. Try adding more lighting that accentuates the eyes. Rotate your HDRI etc.
  • The add limbal ring option - This imo, doesn't look all that great , but I felt it was a great way for all of you to learn how to adjust coloring etc in LIE, and get your hands dirty :)
  • Iris inset morph - This is something that you will probably fiddle with a bit. I don't think you even need it unless you are doing a side shot, or dont want to use the hd irises (which already have some inset in them).  It's just an extra option for those that need or want it.
  • If the iris colors are not saturated enough for you, select the Eye Left and Eye Right Surfaces and change the Diffuse Overlay Color(not the map) to a more saturated color that represents the eye color you are going for. Ex. If you want the iris more blue, select a blue shade.
  • If the eyes are being difficult to light: sleet the Eye Left and Eye Right, and change the Diffuse Overlay value to 90%
00-Main-Natural Eyes 9- Daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 718K
01-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
1600 x 1300 - 593K
02-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
03-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
04-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 1M
05-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
06-Popup-Natural Eyes G9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
07-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
08-Popup-Natural Eyes 9-Daz3d.jpg
2200 x 1600 - 2M
Post edited by chevybabe25 on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

natural eyelashes?

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192

nope. but you are warm :)

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Natural Eyes for Genesis 9?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Everybody's a tease these days. LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

What's the purpose of a placeholder thread? Why not just start a thread when there is something to say? I don't get it.

devil

teasr.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 118K
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Cannot wait!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

barbult said:

What's the purpose of a placeholder thread? Why not just start a thread when there is something to say? I don't get it.

Because they like to tease us and leave us wondering what is to come!  

• barbult said:

To get us ready for the G9 deluge when the official release happens in a week or so.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Beholder?! -breathing intensifies-

• Somebody has been looking at Zevo's placeholder posts laugh

hee hee devil

tsr2.jpg
    1000 x 331 - 203K
  • Nice!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

chevybabe25 said:

hee hee devil

Beautiful :)

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

A placeholder, yay. I always wanted a placeholder. How much place does it hold?

A placeholder, yay. I always wanted a placeholder. How much place does it hold?

Thank goodness we have the Code 66 Placeholder Manager https://www.daz3d.com/placeholder-manager already in the store!
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Are we getting realistic lacrimals at the BEGINNING of a generation? That would be great.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I've been waiting for Placeholder for ages.  Thank you so much!

Sevrin said:

I've been waiting for Placeholder for ages.  Thank you so much!

Don't hold your breath. Many times a PA will post about a Placeholder here, to get us excited. Then they pull the rug and release something else instead of a Placeholder. wink It could happen again.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    I placeholder can be very handy, so I'm waiting for it.
  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

I hear Apple is secretly working on iPlaceHolder, so I hope this comes out first!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084
    I am already clearing space on my hard drive for it. I am planning on getting the whole placeholder bundle.

Sigurd said:

I am already clearing space on my hard drive for it. I am planning on getting the whole placeholder bundle.

When can we preorder? I want to be one of the first to have access to the placeholder.

*whistles* you guys are killin me. 

• Something to hold my place in a queue so I don't have to be there all the time? Wow. I have needed one for years. Is there a 3D print license too? Please, please say there is... Regards, Richard.

Updated the post with pretty pictures. Enjoy :)

• chevybabe25 said:

Updated the post with pretty pictures. Enjoy :)

Invisible pictures, always wondered what it looks like laugh

Yeah I dunno why the email links do that. You have to leave the thread, go out to the Commercial Products, then click on the actual link in there to see them.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Look great.  Will there be no additional reflections?  I liked those.

No.. With this shader set up they simply wouldnt look right.  With the way surfaces have been set up, these were a huge challenge to do correctly. But these reflect so nicely, I doubt you would ever need something like that anyways.

What I do have now are 3 options to adjust the reflection / depth. They look much more pronounced at certain angles with certain lighting.   Ill post a few examples shorty.