[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703

Looks natural. Good job.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    The pinball action doesn't look real to me. Is the ball too bouncy?
  • 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220

Is there an approximate release date for the add-on ? I'd buy it in an instant.

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 241
    edited January 2023

RGcincy said:

Daz Pinball.

<snip>

An impressive demonstration - thank you!

.It would be great if Alberto could make Fisio controllable from DAZ Script, which would then allow the pinball paddles and bumpers to be animated procedurally, according to the proximity of the ball to them - that ability would make Fisio so much more versatile.

e.g.  If Fisio could allow a script to:

1. Create Body, Link, Material, Force, etc. Nodes, so that complicated scene elements can be constructed procedurally.
    2. Set a function in the script to be called by Fisio at each frame of the simulation.
    3. Launch the Fisio simulation.
    4. Abort the Fisio simulation (e.g. by returning false from the per-frame function in 2. above).
    Post edited by Praxis on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,821
    edited January 2023

Thanks all. That's as far as I'm taking the pinball example. I'm sure the animation and bounciness aspects can be fine tuned to give a better feel but I've learned what I wanted from it. As Praxis said, it would be great if there was a way to control interactions but I suspect that would be quite complex to implement.

Post edited by RGcincy on

Something new. Started looking at vehicle movement using Fisio. This mars rover is an interesting model as it is rigged with six wheels and arms that let them move to match the terrain. Unfortunately it's all one object with the wheels and arms being bones and Fisio sees it only as one object and there's not a way that I know of to apply say a separate force to each wheel. In this example, the Rover is one Fisio rigid object that is being pulled by a directional force. I found that you have to have a high density set for the rover's FIsio Material otherwise it can bounce into the sky (like low gravity!). I'm going to see if I can disassemble this so that each wheel can be rotated to provide power and the arms can react to keep wheels on the ground.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,907

Nice examples, @RGcincy

This disassembling script would be useful for different scenarios, as well.

Something similar to https://www.daz3d.com/environment-set-splitter

but working with any props or figures would be nice to have.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,907

I have to test https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

as it says "Work with any object that contains a morph, figure, clothes or prop."

Maybe that one could be used for disassembling.

• I must point out that such rovers only go a few miles a day, so the bouncy behaviour at the speeds seen is possibly quite realistic if the thing was to travel at those speeds.

OK, I know that was a fairly obtuse response, but not entirely inappropriate for the particular circumstance.

The problem seems to be a mismatch between DS's rigging method & the rigging/constraint method almost every other package uses, including Fisio. If parts are to rotate about a pivot, the rotational part needs to be separate from the pivot. But not in DS. How to square this circle? Having 2 versions of most non-figure models is impractical & not likely to happen. It really needs the creator to abandon the DS single file approach to a rigged prop. Coming to DS from a good few years using SolidWorks, I tried to rig my first rigged prop from different prop part files, and it really didn't work well. It felt so counter-intuitive, when I found my problem, to then go back and merge all the obj files into one so that I could then make the merged joints work.

Maybe a work method needs to be advocated for rigged props in the library, and then load them as multi part scene subsets, not by using the duf file created when a single part datafile is extracted as the item is turned into a library prop. There is no question that this approach will take longer for the person rigging the items, but it should work as effectively. One thing I'm not entirely sure about is whether It'll be possible to create parameter sliders that activate the separate sub parts. It would be useful to have these so the root of the prop can have dials like "Centre Left Leg Bend" etc without needing to explicitly move the leg parts. If it isn't possible, catering for Fisio would feel like a giant step backwards.

Regards,

Richard.

edited January 2023

richardandtracy said:

I must point out that such rovers only go a few miles a day, so the bouncy behaviour at the speeds seen is possibly quite realistic if the thing was to travel at those speeds.

That's true, they aren't very fast. But your comment made me think of the Apollo moon buggy rides and my mental image was they were bouncy. So I looked up a clip and you'll see some of the wheels going up into the air. I forgot all about that.

Post edited by RGcincy on

Artini said:

I have to test https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

as it says "Work with any object that contains a morph, figure, clothes or prop."

Maybe that one could be used for disassembling.

That would be worth getting if it did 

richardandtracy said:

Coming to DS from a good few years using SolidWorks, I tried to rig my first rigged prop from different prop part files, and it really didn't work well. It felt so counter-intuitive, when I found my problem, to then go back and merge all the obj files into one so that I could then make the merged joints work.

That was my initial thought, exporting each wheel and arm as obj files and then importing back and trying to rig but seems like a lot of work that might not work. Maybe I can get rid of the wheels and replace them with primitive cylinders and see how that works. 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

3DMinh said:

Is there an approximate release date for the add-on ? I'd buy it in an instant.

Not yet. It should be ready in between three and five months.

Praxis said:

RGcincy said:

Daz Pinball.

<snip>

An impressive demonstration - thank you!

.It would be great if Alberto could make Fisio controllable from DAZ Script, which would then allow the pinball paddles and bumpers to be animated procedurally, according to the proximity of the ball to them - that ability would make Fisio so much more versatile.

e.g.  If Fisio could allow a script to:

1. Create Body, Link, Material, Force, etc. Nodes, so that complicated scene elements can be constructed procedurally.
    2. Set a function in the script to be called by Fisio at each frame of the simulation.
    3. Launch the Fisio simulation.
    4. Abort the Fisio simulation (e.g. by returning false from the per-frame function in 2. above).

It's an interesting idea. Let me think about it. 

RGcincy said:

Something new. Started looking at vehicle movement using Fisio. This mars rover is an interesting model as it is rigged with six wheels and arms that let them move to match the terrain. Unfortunately it's all one object with the wheels and arms being bones and Fisio sees it only as one object and there's not a way that I know of to apply say a separate force to each wheel. In this example, the Rover is one Fisio rigid object that is being pulled by a directional force. I found that you have to have a high density set for the rover's FIsio Material otherwise it can bounce into the sky (like low gravity!). I'm going to see if I can disassemble this so that each wheel can be rotated to provide power and the arms can react to keep wheels on the ground.

Impressive! 

I plan an add-on for the simulation of vehicles. The library Chrono (the one Fisio is based on), in fact, has a VEHICLE module.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 164
    edited January 2023

VEHICLE module?? DAZ has really needed something like this. When it comes out, I will definitely buy it. Similar to how rigacar works in Blender, it would be awesome if we can simulate cars in DAZ with steering. Great work on this product, btw.

One other thing I have wanted to try implementing is an interactive vehicle pedal system where the gas and brake pedals can be pressed by the figure/driver. The interaction is driven by physics/constraints. I have created similar things in Maya and recently in Blender but it would be a godsend if it can be done in DAZ:

https://imgur.com/a/tJWOs9x <- the pedal system in Blender using hinge/spring constraint and active rigid body for the pedal and the foot is a passive rigid body.

Would it be possible with the current iteration of the Fisio product?

Post edited by cain-x on
  • SamuelKhanSamuelKhan Posts: 10
    edited February 2023

Hello.

I am very excited to have purchased this plugin which will give me the ability to create animations with rigid object physics.

My only issue with this when I define one of my Genesis 8 figures as FIXED, it will not interact with other objects in the scene...its foot goes through the ball it is trying to kick.

I am trying to get a G8 figure to kick a ball or knock something off the table. How do I get this to work?

I did parent another ball to the figures foot with Fisio rigid settings and material. That did work.

Thanks

SK

Post edited by SamuelKhan on

SamuelKhan said:

Hello.

I am very excited to have purchased this plugin which will give me the ability to create animations with rigid object physics.

My only issue with this when I define one of my Genesis 8 figures as FIXED, it will not interact with other objects in the scene...its foot goes through the ball it is trying to kick.

I am trying to get a G8 figure to kick a ball or knock something off the table. How do I get this to work?

I did parent another ball to the figures foot with Fisio rigid settings and material. That did work.

Thanks

SK

For a figure to interact with other bodies, the Updating Shapes parameter must be set to On.

However, your solution, parenting another ball to figure, is good and faster.

• Any ETA on the soft body plugin? Can't wait for it to drop and then the viehicle one. Hope this time the plugin serials will work.

dziemian.pawel said:

Any ETA on the soft body plugin? Can't wait for it to drop and then the viehicle one. Hope this time the plugin serials will work.

I think the AddON would be ready to be sent to review by Daz3D in a few weeks.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited May 2023

Self-deleted comment.  Concern was posted and shared.
    Look forward to release and seeing if can use in geograft-oriented workflow.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Fisio SB AddOn for Fisio, is coming soon.

Fisio SB is the Soft Bodies Physics Simulation AddOn for Fisio, the Physics Simulator.

The main features of Fisio SB are:

• Soft or deformable bodies are those that get deformed under the action of forces.
    • Any close-geometry prop or figure can participate in the simulation as a soft or deformable body.
    • There is no limit to the number of bodies in simulation, other than the computer's memory.
    • The bodies can be subjected to animatable gravity and pressure points, and also to damping, point, directional, torque, oscillatory, or wind-type forces.
    • Soft bodies can interact with rigid bodies.
    • The motion of the soft bodies can be constrained by using links between them or with rigid bodies.
    • Like in the natural world, a body can be defined by its material and its shape.
    • The physical material nodes are the same as the ones in the Fisio core plugins, with some more properties exposed.
    • It can simulate four models of deformable bodies:
      a) Springs: The most common; it works as a spring network. Useful for tissues, sheets, or hollow bodies.
      b) Shell: It can simulate a great variety of body types but is the most appropriate for hollow bodies.
      c) Cable: It works with rigged nodes to simulate cables and wires.
      d) Tetrahedra: This is more appropriate for solid bodies.

https://youtu.be/QO2JFo8MrKc

popup_01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 197K
    popup_05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 194K
    popup_03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 96K

I'll be watching for it! Please include stepby step sample instructions like you did for the main Fisio. I'd be lost without those.

barbult said:

I'll be watching for it! Please include stepby step sample instructions like you did for the main Fisio. I'd be lost without those.

Yes, there are included 9 step-by-step examples in the manual, besides a video tutorial that will be public on YouTube in a few days. 

• The wait is killing me, I've been holding out for this plugin for months now. Hopefully Daz won't fail with the serial number distribution this time. Big thanks to Alvin for bringing simulations to Daz, without you, we would be stuck with only dforce for another decate or so. Are fluidos also based on chrono? Will it be possible to merge those plugins at some point so that we can simulate a few simulations interacting with each other? I don't even know how you plan on making the simulation of vehicles possible, but I can't lie and say that I'm not excited about that as well.

dziemian.pawel said:

The wait is killing me, I've been holding out for this plugin for months now. Hopefully Daz won't fail with the serial number distribution this time.

Don't worry, this is an addOn for Fisio, thus, it doesn't need a registration with a Serial Number (there is none). It only requires that the Fisio core plugin is installed and registered already.

dziemian.pawel said:

Big thanks to
    Alvin for bringing simulations to Daz, without you, we would be stuck with only dforce for another decate or so.

You're welcome. I like to do these things.

dziemian.pawel said:

Are fluidos also based on chrono?

No. Chrono has a fluid-solid interaction module, but the methods are pretty different. 

dziemian.pawel said:

Will it be possible to merge those plugins at some point so that we can simulate a few simulations interacting with each other?

I have been thinking about it for some time. I'd like to create some linking between them.

dziemian.pawel said:

I don't even know how you plan on making the simulation of vehicles possible, but I can't lie and say that I'm not excited about that as well.

There is a Vehicle module in the Project Chrono library. This is the easy part. Implementing it in Daz Studio is the laborious one.

Thank you for your continued hard work!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,410

Am very eager for this! Hopefully there'll be a discount for the base Fisio, as I don't have that yet. The promo video looks great!

barbult said:

Thank you for your continued hard work!

You're welcome! 

tsroemi said:

Am very eager for this! Hopefully there'll be a discount for the base Fisio, as I don't have that yet. The promo video looks great!

As usual, there'll be discounts for Fisio, and all other products in my store where there is a release.  smiley