Inagoni plugins now open source.

As reported on the Carrara Facebook post earlier this week...

Release Release 1.0 · Chaplier/inagoni · GitHub

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Sweet!
  • awesome,

but sad as well as I never had a problem buying them

when we could...

so it is the end of development by Inagoni of anything new 

and not many others left to take on the task

Sparrowhawke seems to be busy with recent updates...
  • PGrePGre Posts: 95

I bought all but primavol. The only issue I had was not having a backup of the latest update of Baker and I could never find that version it on the wayback machine. Unless I am mistaken, his source code for Architools might provide a clue for anyone still interested in properly instancing a modeling room. As that SDK sample has been broken forever. I've only ever gotten as far as successfully compiling the Star and DXF export samples in VS2019, though.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,679

Great to see them available for newbies - I had bought all of them while still available !!!

• I will need to see which ones I have

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,981

~    all in all an interesting subject   ~

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 292
    edited November 2022

verry interesting but i can't found the Serials. Many Text but i cant found,

edit:
    i found it in the Download Source code /inagoni-1.0/ Readme.md
    open it Scroll down to the end  all Serial there. :)

Post edited by Khoe on
  • RuudLRuudL Posts: 189

Thank you, Julien for placing the source code in the Open Software domain.

I've just compiled the Baker plugin and testing it against the version that i bought in 2014. It's my intention to compile all the plugins and to make them available for download on SourceForge. Probably without the need for serialnumbers.

The tutorials, objects and shaders for the ArchiTools plugin are not included in the Github repository. I will place them on SF as well.

@Khoe The serials are at the end of the Readme.md file

• RuudL, that is amazing.  Thank you for your efforts!  Sorry that a still-vibrant software has been allowed to fall so far in the world's estimation, but happy that a few still recognize its value and keep working to maximize its potential.

• Baker is awesome 

I use it the most out of all the plugins I own

not just for Carrara but to bake procedural textures for export too

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited November 2022

How do I install these into Carrara?

Edit: I mean what do I put into serial number for the items?  I am getting a request for serial number for Baker.

Post edited by Sfariah D on

@Sfariah The serialnumbers are at the end of the Readme.md file.

But I will post them here.

ArchiTools 13B8-CIB1-220M-V0BC
    Velouté 54O2-CUD0-6402-R0VB
    Primivol 53X7-CNQ0-U10A-I0G8
    Baker 73B4-C3P0-L00A-J0BO
    Deeper 13D5-CIY1-J50O-W0NS
    Replica 53N9-COO0-030A-U0BK
    Shaper JP27-ATQ0-870H-U0S3
    Swap V367-CWQ0-870W-I0SU

Update on the compile process:

Today i've removed/disabled the serialnumber mechanism of all the plugins and created a final build for all of them.
    After that i removed the keyfiles, in which the serialnumbers are stored, and installed the plugins in the Extensionfolder.

Time to start Carrara. It did not crash and NO serialnumbers were asked!

Will do some more testing.

• RuudL your work is appreciated heart

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

PGre said:

I bought all but primavol. The only issue I had was not having a backup of the latest update of Baker and I could never find that version it on the wayback machine. Unless I am mistaken, his source code for Architools might provide a clue for anyone still interested in properly instancing a modeling room. As that SDK sample has been broken forever. I've only ever gotten as far as successfully compiling the Star and DXF export samples in VS2019, though.

Primivol really Rocks!!!

It was one of those things I couldn't wait to get my hands on, but then never got around to using for the longest time. 

One day, not satisfied with the fire primitive version of rocket emission flames I made and offered as a freebie, I thought I remembered Primivol coming with some samples to get started. Sure enough!

With a little tweaking of one of the samples to get the effect I wanted going for as long as I wanted it to go for, it completely blew away that fire primive flame... I mean blew it away!

The other samples are excellent as well, but I think the real magic will come when we just dig into the many controls within it and get creative with it. Pretty cool how good the flames look.

I agree that it's a shame that these wonderful tools aren't still available at the store. I can't imagine that Customer Support could have been having a tough time with any of them, and "Carrara" being an easy enough tag, I just never really got it. All of that cool stuff... just not available to new Carrara users really bums me out.

I'm grateful to Inagoni and all others who have gone out and made them available again. 

Carrara is such a magical place that the only reason to Not gain new users is if it disappeared entirely - which would really blow. I find it amazing how incredible this software is.

I'm still planning to make more Carrara products. What I have out there now is rather dated for my tastes. I'd like to release some new stuff the reflects the growth I've gained over all these years.

Thanks Inagoni!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

WendyLuvsCatz said:

RuudL your work is appreciated heart

Very much so +1

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Dartanbeck said:

I'm still planning to make more Carrara products. What I have out there now is rather dated for my tastes. I'd like to release some new stuff the reflects the growth I've gained over all these years.

Has been a real pleasure watching your cinematic extravaganza develop.  Would enjoy any spinoff products that come down the pike.

Okay, I had all but Shaper and ArchiTools. New tools feels like fun!

• Shaper only one I didn't have

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 292

Thanks Inagoni!

and Thanks RuudL

All of these are Excellent!

I've updated my Carrara Plugins Index and FAQ to reflect this news and provide links

Update: I'v tested all of them except AchiTools. The tests were not done very extensively, because there is not a lot of documentation available. I found some useful articles in C3DE issues (Baker: issue 1 page18; Primivol: issue 6 p60 and Shaper: issue 6 p34) available at https://carraracafe.com/downloads/

AchiTools comes with a rendernode and just needs a little bit more time to test. 

This site seems to work now: https://web.archive.org/web/20180704011915/http://www.inagoni.com/

Not everything was captured, here is the docs/tuts page from 2018: https://web.archive.org/web/20180129013422/http://www.inagoni.com/?page_id=519

Maybe someone kept an offline backup of them?