Your oldest picture

2»

Comments

• SRay - what a beautiful collection of artwork. Amazing....

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Thanks all for the compliments.  For those who ask, yes I had an early background in art.   I went to a HS that had a huge art department & the only school in the Tampa area with a theater back then. I then went to The Ringling School of Art and Design. It is strictly an Art School. So to get the Math, History, Science ect.  credits for a collage degree I went to Huntington Beach, Golden West Collage (a Liberal Arts School at the time) Still I ended up becoming a Communication Tech. I revisited art when I got my first computer in 95, using windows paint. I would outline the drawing. Then color it in by zooming & fill in the color one pixel at a time slightly changing the color value.

trex.jpg
    800 x 600 - 92K
    surferdude.jpg
    800 x 632 - 40K
    girl.jpg
    800 x 600 - 61K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

My word S Ray, that is dedication.  One pixel at a time and the images look fabulous.

edited December 2022

After checking hundreds of links (most dead now) I was able to find some of the old Bryce3D & Bryce 4  users websites that are still alive. 
    Daniel S. Norris 
    David Wiles (Hamfast)  
     mhongser
    mikebonnell
    Calyxa

Don't remember where I got this link. But meet some of the MetaCreations Fellows  (not sure how many of the links on the page still work)

Post edited by S Ray on

Thank you for the links.  I couldn't get galleries in Norris' to open but the others did.  I saw some very cool work.

NGartplay said:

Thank you for the links.  I couldn't get galleries in Norris' to open but the others did.  I saw some very cool work.

Yea most are so old your browser will not see them as being secure

• S Ray: thanks for all these Sites.... in my first view I saw wonderful Pictures, and I'll look at all the others in the next days.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

S Ray : thank you for the links, gorgeous pictures.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

S Ray: one pixel at a time? Wow, that is indeed a lot of dedication. And thanks for the nice links.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

S Ray beautiful paintings I agree with Hansmar you are very patient,

• one of my first experiments
    as it starts.jpg
    1434 x 735 - 170K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Very nice render, Butterflyer

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

S Ray - thank you for the links. Great paintings, too.

butterflyer - great result of your first experiments.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

butterflyer : wonderful experiment.

• Butterflyer - this is a beautiful picture and very well done.

Butterflyer, that's an awesome first render.  It's interesting and pretty at the same time.