There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I was mistaken on the day. Reported.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,141

Because of the delay i was able to buy the baseball field from the grab bag for 3.99, just to realise there's no baseball outfit (male or female). Lol, not a big deal, as i am not a fan, but still astonishing, as DAZ is afaik an american company and most customers Americans.

N00b4Ever said:

Cris Palomino said:

N00b4Ever said:

kyoto kid said:

...hmm, 40 min past Daz "Zero Hour" and the store still hasn't switched over. 

Thank you for confirming I'm not the only one. 

I see it switched. 

Interesting. I tried both Chrome and Firefox, clearing the cashe and nothing. It's still the old promos 

Try and incognito page. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Guys, if we all start reporting sales problems here now as well as in the Sales thread, the mods are gonna go insane. Let's stick to keeping the discussions HERE and the problems THERE, no?

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826
    edited January 2023

tyra_oeildeloup said:

kyoto kid said:

....yeah  my purchasing is going down manly because everything new is G9 and out seems you need a "new featured release" (which is usually G9 based) to unlock discounts and special offers. I'm tapped out when it comes to upgrading to a new figure. 

Slowly getting what I need for G8 in the way of resoruce content when it is on sale.  Have both Xtransfer and Bone Minion for transferring G3 poses to G8 as well as Skin Builder 8 and Slosh's UHT hair utilities (which will save me a fair amount of zlotys)  The nice thing is both G3 and G8 share the same basic mesh and UI.

WIth G9, I'd have to re purchase just about everything all over again, a "no go" on a fixed income.

I feel just the same. I started DAZ with G8 in June of 2022 and I REALLY don't want to start all over with G9 while I still have G8 stuff I want and all. Moreover the G9 model didn't strike me as better enough to make such a drastic and expensive change.  

Same here, my spending has gone way down. I stil don't see the upside of investing into G9, making all sales kind of "meh nah" to me. I do wonder if we are part of a minoriy of the majority. In any case, I think there are enough of us out there considering the offers we have received on discounts for G9 products over the last period, and the amount of flash sales that require a New Release.

I'm also a bit suprised we are not seeing more products that are made for G8 and G9, I have seen a lot of poducts that were G3/G8/G8.1 compatibel up to the release of V9. Is it a lot of work for PAs to do that (honest question, I have no idea)?

Post edited by BlueFingers on

I got mixed up which thread I was in and then realized and answered in both, heh.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

<--is heeeeeeeeere... Now I just hope I get email notifications... (sighs)  

• tsroemi said:

Guys, if we all start reporting sales problems here now as well as in the Sales thread, the mods are gonna go insane. Let's stick to keeping the discussions HERE and the problems THERE, no?

The original thread was always a combination of discussing sales and asking about potential issues with sales. It's not unusual to be confused about what the sale is and isn't supposed to do. If we don't ask, we don't know if there's actually an issue to report, or is someone else can point out something we missed and there's no issue at all.
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 263

AlmightyQUEST said:

tsroemi said:

The original thread was always a combination of discussing sales and asking about potential issues with sales. It's not unusual to be confused about what the sale is and isn't supposed to do. If we don't ask, we don't know if there's actually an issue to report, or is someone else can point out something we missed and there's no issue at all.

The current model for reporting on issuies inside a forum thread is just weird. Forums always used to be primarily for community driven discussions and support and if community itself cannot find a fix for an issue then they would recommend an user to open a support ticket. If a lot of tickets are flowing in about an issue it should escalate itself naturally.

Here for some odd reason moderators are openning tickets even though there is a ticket service avalible under "Help". Kudos to them for doing extra work, but i feel like thats just teaches people to not use the existing ticket system and rely on moderators for all issues. If they have to make ticket or else tickets made by common users dont get fast enough resolutions that the ticket system is an issue.

• We don't escalate/open tickets on everything - but sales issues frequently turn up at roll-over (Daz midnight) and if not, and not at the weekend, there iss till enough of a delay that a one-days ale may be more-or-less done by the time a ticket can be seen, processed, and escalated so those (and other urgent, geenral isues such as download problems) we do take directly to the relevant people at Daz (assuming we can reach them).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

tyra_oeildeloup said:

kyoto kid said:

....yeah  my purchasing is going down manly because everything new is G9 and out seems you need a "new featured release" (which is usually G9 based) to unlock discounts and special offers. I'm tapped out when it comes to upgrading to a new figure. 

Slowly getting what I need for G8 in the way of resoruce content when it is on sale.  Have both Xtransfer and Bone Minion for transferring G3 poses to G8 as well as Skin Builder 8 and Slosh's UHT hair utilities (which will save me a fair amount of zlotys)  The nice thing is both G3 and G8 share the same basic mesh and UI.

WIth G9, I'd have to re purchase just about everything all over again, a "no go" on a fixed income.

I feel just the same. I started DAZ with G8 in June of 2022 and I REALLY don't want to start all over with G9 while I still have G8 stuff I want and all. Moreover the G9 model didn't strike me as better enough to make such a drastic and expensive change.  

...I've been around since the Gen3/4 days and after dealing with three successive generations of Genesis only two years apart it just became to o difficult to financially keep up with anymore.  I thought G8 would have the same "shelf life" which is why I didn't adopt it at first (particularly as since then I have been on a fixed pension income) but was surprised it lasted as long as Gen4.   I've primarily gone for the more "diverse" and "interesting" characters rather than the standard "stable" (I only have Vicky as she was free as a loyalty bonus). 

Save for Pippy and Spindle Fae, I all but have ignored 8.1 due to the change in UV mapping (fae characters are my one weakness and they fit nicely into my storylines).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858
    edited January 2023

I remember being very confused when they started using the "there is always another sales" thread for issues and said so

firstly we used to discus how good or not sales were as the title suggested and specific threads on issues that came up kept being merged into it where nobody could find them so new threads kept being created

this still happens

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PrefoXPrefoX Posts: 237
    edited January 2023

I'm also a bit suprised we are not seeing more products that are made for G8 and G9, I have seen a lot of poducts that were G3/G8/G8.1 compatibel up to the release of V9. Is it a lot of work for PAs to do that (honest question, I have no idea)?

well G3 and G8 are actually nearly the same model, same topology. The only change was a different bone structure with the feet.

I switched to G8 and G9 now and stop the support for G3 because it just adds more work. its just not possible to support everything. Rigging and morphs take up a ton of time

Post edited by PrefoX on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

...there is also a clothing converter for G8 to G3. 

Hair I usually fit and parent manually as that preserves the morphs and it isn't as difficult to do as manually fitting clothing..  

• PrefoX said:

well G3 and G8 are actually nearly the same model, same topology. The only change was a different bone structure with the feet.

I switched to G8 and G9 now and stop the support for G3 because it just adds more work. its just not possible to support everything. Rigging and morphs take up a ton of time

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up smiley

• Richard Haseltine said:

We don't escalate/open tickets on everything - but sales issues frequently turn up at roll-over (Daz midnight) and if not, and not at the weekend, there iss till enough of a delay that a one-days ale may be more-or-less done by the time a ticket can be seen, processed, and escalated so those (and other urgent, geenral isues such as download problems) we do take directly to the relevant people at Daz (assuming we can reach them).

Have you guys discussed having roll-over at a different time? It seems counterintuitive to have the sale start a good 8-9 hours before anyone can lay eyes on a support ticket, let alone do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, Daz midnight is my 9am, so the sales pop just after the coffee kicks in and I've got my kid our the door for school which is a sweet spot for me. But with as often as things get buggy and stay that way, it also turns me off a lot of sales because they're not working right then when I want to make a purchase - and like I've said before, not fixed by the time I'm in bed. If an issue sits until your 1:00pm, my day's done, I miss the whole thing, and I feel bitter toward you for it if it's a 1-day sale.

Doesnt look like Tiffany Bundle count as "2+ Chic" for some promotions so it is kinda directly compeeting with itself ;p

• marcus.ames said:

Richard Haseltine said:

We don't escalate/open tickets on everything - but sales issues frequently turn up at roll-over (Daz midnight) and if not, and not at the weekend, there iss till enough of a delay that a one-days ale may be more-or-less done by the time a ticket can be seen, processed, and escalated so those (and other urgent, geenral isues such as download problems) we do take directly to the relevant people at Daz (assuming we can reach them).

Have you guys discussed having roll-over at a different time? It seems counterintuitive to have the sale start a good 8-9 hours before anyone can lay eyes on a support ticket, let alone do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, Daz midnight is my 9am, so the sales pop just after the coffee kicks in and I've got my kid our the door for school which is a sweet spot for me. But with as often as things get buggy and stay that way, it also turns me off a lot of sales because they're not working right then when I want to make a purchase - and like I've said before, not fixed by the time I'm in bed. If an issue sits until your 1:00pm, my day's done, I miss the whole thing, and I feel bitter toward you for it if it's a 1-day sale.

It's been suggested on various occasions so I think it's a settled decision, though I don't knoww hat the reasoning is. I do, as another Eurpean, find the timing of Steam sales a bit hard to follow (they usually seem to switch during the late morning on the US west coast)

• Richard Haseltine said:

It's been suggested on various occasions so I think it's a settled decision, though I don't knoww hat the reasoning is. I do, as another Eurpean, find the timing of Steam sales a bit hard to follow (they usually seem to switch during the late morning on the US west coast)

I figured you had to be on this side of the Atlantic, too.  Nobody wants to be a night owl to moderate this stuff. :D

• It's either my New Years resolution (spend less), the lack of interesting products, the missing holidy discounts or the whole Gen9 ride - or a bit of everything. But my store credit is still good and my eagerness to get new stuff is lackluster. Even that Tiffany bundle is not convincing me. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,405
    edited January 2023

AlmightyQUEST said:

tsroemi said:

You can still have those discussions in the reporting thread because it gives us an idea of where the issue may occur. That's my fault and I'm sorry. I should've clarified better. The debate we want to avoid are the ones that are saying "This sale doesn't benefit me", "This was cheaper 2 days ago", I feel slighted because I didn't qualify for XYZ". We want the types of posts like, "This discount isn't adding up, are you guys seeing the same", This isn't on sale when it should be", This XYZ isn't in the right category, therefore not on sale"

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

AlmightyQUEST said:

tsroemi said:

Well, I don't see any particular problem  with discussing issues here as long as they are reported in the report thread

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2023
    The "complete the bundle" flash sale is appreciated - after buying so many bundles during the holiday sales, "purchasing" all of the smaller bundles greatly improves the experience of browsing the store. That both makes me happy and increases the chances that I'll find new products to buy (because there's less clutter on the sales pages). Win-win for customers and Daz.

(Yeah, it's all been said before, but it's good to reinforce positive things.)

I'd like see G3 bundle completion next, please - picked up quite a few of those bundles last month, too.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Saved so much today!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,514

doubledeviant said:

The "complete the bundle" flash sale is appreciated - after buying so many bundles during the holiday sales, "purchasing" all of the smaller bundles greatly improves the experience of browsing the store. That both makes me happy and increases the chances that I'll find new products to buy (because there's less clutter on the sales pages). Win-win for customers and Daz.

I'd like see G3 bundle completion next, please - picked up quite a few of those bundles last month, too.

It would increase sales, if "Get them for just the price of the items you don't own" was standard.
    Now, if I own half the items on a bundle, I'm not going to buy it because I would be paying also for the items I own already, but if they were compensated and I would only be paying for the items I don't own if I still find the remaining items interesting enough. 

PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

It would increase sales, if "Get them for just the price of the items you don't own" was standard.
    Now, if I own half the items on a bundle, I'm not going to buy it because I would be paying also for the items I own already, but if they were compensated and I would only be paying for the items I don't own if I still find the remaining items interesting enough. 

Not to mention, if I see that an item is being a part of a bundle I will not buy it, and rather wait for bundle discount to come (And that may take a while).

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

AlmightyQUEST said:

tsroemi said:

It's not a problem until certain mods start telling folks they can't have discussions about sales anymore in their sales discussions thread because it is essentially inconvenient for them to allow people to continue having their sales discussions in the sales discussions thread. lol :) 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

Tomhip said:

PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

Not to mention, if I see that an item is being a part of a bundle I will not buy it, and rather wait for bundle discount to come (And that may take a while).

I do the EXACT same thing.

If I see an item that I like and it is on a good sale, but it is in a bundle that has a few other items I like, I won't buy any of the individual items because I know there is a good chance I would end up rebuying things I already bought.  Did it multiple times so far. 

Also, as I am relatively new to Daz having only been messing around with the software slightly around 5 months ago and increasing messing with it as time has gone on, that is the reason I am not jumping on board into Gen 9.  It is SO much more expensive then Gen 8/8.1, and currently everything I need to learn works just fine with those.  Gen 9 can look amazing, but learing about things like good lighting to get really cool results works the same.  If, while learning, I am going to start out making semi lame renders because I don't understand all of the tools and how to light my scene well, I might as well do so with cheaper Gen 8/8.1 instead of spending the money on Gen 9.

I may have been more tempted to jump into Gen 9, if there was some kind of learning bundle for Gen 9, that paired some gen 9 models and stuff with tutorials that show you step by step how to get the most out of Gen 9 characters for folks who are noobs in the Daz environment. lol :)

• Who got the Late Xmas $5 present email?  Seems to be targetted to low spend accounts, just like the great offer on Gen 9 (or CELEBRATE2023  or DAZ-FOR-2023).

Very easy to burn an existing relationship with these type of offers.

• dortybassa said:

Who got the Late Xmas $5 present email?  Seems to be targetted to low spend accounts, just like the great offer on Gen 9 (or CELEBRATE2023  or DAZ-FOR-2023).

Very easy to burn an existing relationship with these type of offers.

I did. But the $5 email code doesn't even work. no

This discussion has been closed.