There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited January 2023

zombietaggerung said:

dortybassa said:

Who got the Late Xmas $5 present email?  Seems to be targetted to low spend accounts, just like the great offer on Gen 9 (or CELEBRATE2023  or DAZ-FOR-2023).

Very easy to burn an existing relationship with these type of offers.

I did. But the $5 email code doesn't even work. no

I got the $5 code and it only works on higher priced items. Not worth it. The DAZ-FOR-2023 code does not work on certain items on the daz originals page.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

zombietaggerung said:

dortybassa said:

Who got the Late Xmas $5 present email?  Seems to be targetted to low spend accounts, just like the great offer on Gen 9 (or CELEBRATE2023  or DAZ-FOR-2023).

I did. But the $5 email code doesn't even work. no

I got the $5 code and it only works on higher priced items. Not worth it. The DAZ-FOR-2023 code does not work on certain items on the selected page.

Yeah. i just tried the DAZ-FOR-2023 one and it doesn't work either. What a waste.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

dortybassa said:

As a moderate to high spend account DAZ has rewarded me by NOT sending me one.

edited January 2023

Correction:  DAZ-FOR-2023 does not work on anything I've tried on the daz originals page.

• We have flagged these for Daz and the issue is being looked at.

edited January 2023

DAZ-FOR-2023 works for me now.

• Charlie Judge said:

dortybassa said:

Same. Which, I appreciate if it involves spending to get free stuff. I don't need to be spending any this month.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Tried the $5 late Christmas code...didn't work.  Item is not new, dForce Crop Sweater and Jeans Outfit.  Email says nothing about a minumum purchase price!  Very discouraging!  Makes me not want to purchase anything!

Dana

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

No code for me either. Message recieved: stop spending money lol.

That said, I haven't actually bought anything this year yet. Just feeling burnt out by daz's antics, so probably for the best. (Why do i keep coming onto the site? Some form of economic masochism, I suppose) 

• I did.  Couldn't even find something I wanted that I was willing to spend even the remaining amount for - and I still have 52 D.O. on my wishlist.  Then I saw the new banner for 50% off D.O.s, and laughed - that's not a sale, not here. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

dortybassa said:

I didn't get any of these. What qualifies you to get that? 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Wonderland said:

dortybassa said:

Perhaps not having  spent much money lately?

Dana

• No mail, no present. But I don't care.

Put 4 items in cart today, even at 47% those 4 items were > $50. Moved them to the wislist. Have still enough to do with Content Wizard'ing the stuff I bought elsewhere around christmas. Became much pickier anyway. Guess I will get SuperMassive's Classic Pants (available elsewhere) and call it a day (or even a week).

Side note: Is it just me or is G8 becoming more popular again? Today we have a hair for 8/8.1 exclusively and some poses and earrings which are also supporting 8 next to 9. For me 8-support on a 9-product is a massive selling point. Do try to spend very little on 9-only stuff.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited January 2023

DanaTA said:

Wonderland said:

dortybassa said:

Perhaps not having  spent much money lately?

Dana

I was spending money up until a few days ago. If they are rewarding those that don't spend money, I guess I'll stop spending money.

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

I started spending a little again, maybe I should stop too as no coupons cheeky

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 263

Charlie Judge said:

dortybassa said:

It was my first month and first sale in DAZ. I needed just about everything and if I had spent any more during that sale I would develop blubber ;p

Yeah not expecting a coupon like that...

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

This type of targeted offer works especially poorly when the coupons don't work, and people come to the forums to ask what's going on.  Otherwise, those of us who didn't get the coupons wouldn't have known about them.

• So how long, do you reckon, before the "Flash Sale! Grab Bag!" items are going for $10.99 each ($9.99 if you buy ten new releases)?

edited January 2023

Original Game of Thrones not even House of The Dragon? Did we just move back in time to before the season 8 happened?

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,514

Tomhip said:

Original Game of Thrones not even House of The Dragon? Did we just move back in time to before the season 8 happened?

What is that and what are they selling? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

What is that and what are they selling? 

It is one of the promos in the rotating banner and it looks like they are linking to an external site where they are selling some pricey bundles. 

Yeah one of the banners https://www.daz3d.com/game-of-thrones-build-your-realm

Digital gods for 5000 USD ?!? What in the world.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,514

So, it's yet another NFT pig in the bag sale...

• The categories for the email coupons have been adjusted, they should now include the correct items so please try again.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

dortybassa said:

...never received the email about it and I would definitely qualify. 

• I didn't get the X-max gift thing.  Got a onsite mail/banner for 50% off 1 daz original.  Which didn't work, then did work (cart price checking/dumping), then didn't work and I gave up.

Game of thrones 3rd party website, nifty?  Really?  LOL.  I guess at least its not eurethraium (what ever coin crypto), oh goodie digital cards and avatars.  LOL.

I just threw two new truck tires on the vehicle which I didn't need, gotta love constructions sites with nails, and cigs have shot up to $11.95 a pack.

todays feature sale.  Buy 4+........not EVER going to happen Daz, sorry.  Always another sale, not always a purchase.

• As far as I can tell the crypto is uses is based on ethereum. I don't really care to spend too much time figuring it out though.

...all I kept getting were banners to buy G9 content. which I dismissed.

• kyoto kid said:

That's all I've gotten. Neither of the 2 email coupon offers, nor a 50% off on DOs.

But it's all good and I am taking a break from Daz+, and probably model buying period, for a couple months as I am getting less hours at work right now. Most years I don't spend a lot at March Madness anyways.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

kyoto kid said:

That's all I've gotten. Neither of the 2 email coupon offers, nor a 50% off on DOs.

But it's all good and I am taking a break from Daz+, and probably model buying period, for a couple months as I am getting less hours at work right now. Most years I don't spend a lot at March Madness anyways.

...March Madness used to be fun back in the day when it was more of a "real" sale. With how sales are set up today where you have to boy a "Debut" "Themed", or "New" release (the latter with a minimum value) to unlock discounts or free offers, it's lost a lot of its attraction for me.  I'm not on a budget where I can load up a cart with 600$, 700$, or 800$ worth of products to make that extra 5 or 10% (using Daz Math) for purchasing a 20$+ new release or pricey bundle actually pay off.  Also as I am not interested in G9, what remains each day to choose from is pretty slim.

About the only sales I look forwarded to anymore are the Daz+ spring and fall ones.  Was really disappointed and a little bit miffed that they cut the fall sale event short to introduce G9.  They should have held off until November or later . usually October seem to be when they do site/store upgrades which have also created havoc with the sale. 

This discussion has been closed.