• carrie58 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Shimrian said:

Is there a converter for hair coming out soon? :cross fingers:

We have not started it, but it is on the list. smiley

See!! I didn't do it this time !!!

thiiiIIISSS... time laugh

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

How is it going with the updates to this converter?

I assume, that it just works, but I miss, that there not so many examples of the conversion in this thread.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

Artini said:

How is it going with the updates to this converter?

I assume, that it just works, but I miss, that there not so many examples of the conversion in this thread.

Thanks for reminding me!  (The character converter crowded out everything else).  It works well but there are a couple bugs.  I will try to submit an update tomorrow.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Great to know. Thanks for considering releasing of the update.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667

@RiverSoftArt - This may sound like a strange question coming from someone who purchased your G8>G9 converter, but will you be coming out with a G9 to G8 clothing and hair converter? I think a lot of us would be more excited about purchasing G9 clothing & hair if we could get it to work on G8 figures as well. (I know there's a clone product in the store by MattyManx but I was hoping for the script from RiverSoft & SickleYield).

Thanks so much for all you do! Have a great weekend!

Submitted update today:

• Fixed code to set product name to NOT include gender
    • Fixed error where Auto-Fit dialog would show during conversion
    • Fixed Activate/Deactivate All buttons not working

andolaurina said:

@RiverSoftArt - This may sound like a strange question coming from someone who purchased your G8>G9 converter, but will you be coming out with a G9 to G8 clothing and hair converter? I think a lot of us would be more excited about purchasing G9 clothing & hair if we could get it to work on G8 figures as well. (I know there's a clone product in the store by MattyManx but I was hoping for the script from RiverSoft & SickleYield).

Thanks so much for all you do! Have a great weekend!

Based on prior history, I expect we will make a G9->G8 converter but not right away.

Have a great weekend as well!

• The prefix and suffix isn't working for me. I want to keep the converted assets in genesis 8 library so that applying materials would be convienent but it I'm unable to get the add prefix/suffix to work.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited July 2023

Would it be possible to add an option to create the converted asset inside the already existing smart content product?

EDIT: same for your hair converter. Just like bilyatboring I'd just like to keep the assets inside the existing product so I can select materials etc. from there.

Post edited by Rakete on
  • I'm loving the product, but I have a (potentially dumb) question. How do you re-convert an already converted item? I can't figure it out. Is it even possible?

bilyatboring said:

The prefix and suffix isn't working for me. I want to keep the converted assets in genesis 8 library so that applying materials would be convienent but it I'm unable to get the add prefix/suffix to work.

I am not sure what you mean by "keep the converted assets in genesis 8 library".  The prefix and suffix are for the names of item and won't affect where they are saved.

Rakete said:

Would it be possible to add an option to create the converted asset inside the already existing smart content product?

EDIT: same for your hair converter. Just like bilyatboring I'd just like to keep the assets inside the existing product so I can select materials etc. from there.

I intentionally avoided that as I did not want the product to get clobbered every time Daz had a product update.

echristopherclark said:

I'm loving the product, but I have a (potentially dumb) question. How do you re-convert an already converted item? I can't figure it out. Is it even possible?

Check it again and then convert again.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Thanks so much. I thought I had tried that already, but apparently not. Works like a charm.

echristopherclark said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Thanks so much. I thought I had tried that already, but apparently not. Works like a charm.

You're welcome!

• fmccfmcc Posts: 2

Foot poser G9 wasn't working for me either as part of a G8F to G9 conversion or directly when clicked on it after installing using DazCentral.

Software was complaining it couldn't find "\data\RiverSoft Art\Common\RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse".

Had a look and copied RSG9ClothingConversionFunctions.dse to RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse now appears to be working ok...

• If attempting to convert a clothing item results in a "Preset loaded multiple objects" error does that mean it will be impossible to convert the item? What is it actually referring to if the item in question appears to be a single object (dress)? In the example I'm working with, the item is the topless dress duf in the dForce Night Dress product.

edited August 2023

fmcc said:

Foot poser G9 wasn't working for me either as part of a G8F to G9 conversion or directly when clicked on it after installing using DazCentral.

Software was complaining it couldn't find "\data\RiverSoft Art\Common\RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse".

Had a look and copied RSG9ClothingConversionFunctions.dse to RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse now appears to be working ok...

These two files are NOT the same.  You are going to have problems.  My recommendation is to UNINSTALL using DazConnect, delete all the files in the cloud directory it was stored at, and then INSTALL using Daz Install Manager.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Seeker Stock Art said:

If attempting to convert a clothing item results in a "Preset loaded multiple objects" error does that mean it will be impossible to convert the item? What is it actually referring to if the item in question appears to be a single object (dress)? In the example I'm working with, the item is the topless dress duf in the dForce Night Dress product.

The preset loads multiple objects, so the script cannot know which to convert.  For example, a preset loads a dress and buttons as separate objects.  A lot of times, there is a preset that only loads one item and then a preset that loads the whole ensemble.  Try and find (or make) that preset.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Daz Central does not use the cloud folder. You are thinking of Daz Connect.
  • Rev3DRev3D Posts: 67

Hi, 

So I'm tring to use RSSY clothing converter for g8 - g9 and when I execute the clothing it doesn't convert even when I click force convert. Is that just something that happens with some items or is there a work around?

Any and all assistance would be appreciated! 

edited August 2023

Sorry did mean to post the same question twice :/

Post edited by Rev3D on

Rev said:

Hi, 

So I'm tring to use RSSY clothing converter for g8 - g9 and when I execute the clothing it doesn't convert even when I click force convert. Is that just something that happens with some items or is there a work around?

I need to see the log.  Please try again and post the portion of the Daz Log from when you were trying to convert.

edited August 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

Rev said:

Hi, 

I need to see the log.  Please try again and post the portion of the Daz Log from when you were trying to convert.

Thanks for the reply here's the log for you.

12:33:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Executing Script
    12:33:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm L.duf
    12:33:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm L.duf
    12:33:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm L.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm R.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm R.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Arm R.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Armor.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Armor.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Armor.duf
    12:36:18 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/High Heels.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/High Heels.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/High Heels.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Necklace.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Necklace.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Necklace.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Shoulder.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Shoulder.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Outfit/Shoulder.duf
    12:36:19 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Execution Complete. 

Post edited by Rev3D on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

See my comment on the first page! This utility *requires* the items to exist in a directory path that contains a directory called clothing. Your path does not have this and neither do mine.

Simple fix - create an empty directory called clothing, copy your items into it and then execute from there. I really do think this requirement should be optional but the authors disagree. At the end of the day it's not a big deal and it's a great tool.

TimberWolf said:

See my comment on the first page! This utility *requires* the items to exist in a directory path that contains a directory called clothing. Your path does not have this and neither do mine.

Simple fix - create an empty directory called clothing, copy your items into it and then execute from there. I really do think this requirement should be optional but the authors disagree. At the end of the day it's not a big deal and it's a great tool.

Thank you very much for your reply I'll have a look at your comment and give it ago. 

edited August 2023

TimberWolf said:

So I moved the clothing items into a new folder called Clothing like you said hit execute and it still didn't work. I then tried force convert and it ended up creating grey blocks insteand apart from the necklace and the new buttons to apply say follower? now. The positioning when applying is off to the left of the character and just floats in place. See images linked.

https://i.gyazo.com/bd99937acbf1e25fa93b5d1f2b678569.png

https://i.gyazo.com/bec76650cb5a322ac2e10a323d7d0f1b.png

19:51:24 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Executing Script
    19:51:24 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Arm L.duf
    19:51:24 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting Arm L clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Arm L.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/Arm L.duf
    19:51:24 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Ivy Arm Left (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:39 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Arm R.duf
    19:51:40 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting Arm R clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Arm R.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/Arm R.duf
    19:51:40 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Ivy Arm Right (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:42 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Armor.duf
    19:51:42 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting Armor clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Armor.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/Armor.duf
    19:51:43 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Ivy Armor (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:45 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/High Heels.duf
    19:51:45 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting High Heels clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/High Heels.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/High Heels.duf
    19:51:45 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Ivy High Heels (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:48 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Necklace.duf
    19:51:48 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting Necklace clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Necklace.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/Necklace.duf
    19:51:48 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Ivy Necklace (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:51 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Shoulder.duf
    19:51:51 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting Shoulder clothing, from E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 + 8.1/Custom Characters/Ivy Valentine/Clothing/Shoulder.duf to E:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Converted Clothing/Shoulder.duf
    19:51:51 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Shoulder (Prop) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist.  You could try using Force Convert Item(s) instead if you are sure this is a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory/Head,Follower/Accessory/Waist
    19:51:51 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Execution Complete.

Post edited by Rev3D on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

I had to look that item of clothing up via Google and it appears to come from one of the sites where absolutely zero quality control or content validation is done. It also appears to be copyright infringing as well (not on your part) and there's a reason outfits like this are not accepted by stores that have a reputation to uphold. Caveat emptor.

The reason you had to force convert the items is simply that the creator of this outfit did not assign one of the usual content types to the clothing pieces when they were saved. The converter is not sure they are clothes and needs you to be absolutely certain you are not making a mistake - hence the force conversion option. It is working as intended.

You are getting grey blocks because Studio cannot locate the .dsf file assigned to the clothing. Have you actually tried this and got it working on a G8 figure? It's very hard to say what you've done but the files for that outfit do not appear to be in a content folder you've assigned in preferences.

My experience with this converter is it does a superb job on quality clothing - outfits that have been modelled with care and attention to detail. Those which have been created using shortcuts and workarounds tend not to fare so well. I wouldn't hold out much hope that this is one of those items that has been carefully crafted...

edited August 2023

TimberWolf said:

I had to look that item of clothing up via Google and it appears to come from one of the sites where absolutely zero quality control or content validation is done. It also appears to be copyright infringing as well (not on your part) and there's a reason outfits like this are not accepted by stores that have a reputation to uphold. Caveat emptor.

The reason you had to force convert the items is simply that the creator of this outfit did not assign one of the usual content types to the clothing pieces when they were saved. The converter is not sure they are clothes and needs you to be absolutely certain you are not making a mistake - hence the force conversion option. It is working as intended.

You are getting grey blocks because Studio cannot locate the .dsf file assigned to the clothing. Have you actually tried this and got it working on a G8 figure? It's very hard to say what you've done but the files for that outfit do not appear to be in a content folder you've assigned in preferences.

My experience with this converter is it does a superb job on quality clothing - outfits that have been modelled with care and attention to detail. Those which have been created using shortcuts and workarounds tend not to fare so well. I wouldn't hold out much hope that this is one of those items that has been carefully crafted...

Yes I'm able to apply the outfit to a g8 character perfectly fine just loaded one up and tried after reading this. What do you mean but assigned in preferences?

Yes for the most part I've had good expereinces with this as well but theres the odd item of clothing that just won't convert even when trying to force convert. I just don't understand why none of the clothing items are working apart from the necklace, it can work just need to find the correct way.

Would doing it manually work? Even though I don't know how to do it manually xD

Post edited by Rev3D on