56th Bryce Contest ( ComputerWorld )

1235»

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

Past as Future - super idea - a bit creepy and may relate a bit to all this AI hype - and very well done with all those wires.

• adbc, NGartplay - thank you! Material is "Techno Plastic" by David Brinnen. It comes with Bryce, I think. Same with colourful wires on the wall - that's "Wiggly Wires" which I assigned to the sphere and changed mapping mode of the material. I really enjoy how experimental and creative Bryce gets during such moments. 

Horo - thanks! As I said, my main inspiration for this render was a character called Shodan, who originates from System Shock (1994) and System Shock 2 (1999). In those computer games Shodan is a powerful AI, whose morality was removed by hacker - after that Shodan takes over the control of space station. Shodan considers herself to be a God, and humans are as important as insects for her. Very creepy stuff, indeed. I think there were several movies (and cartoons or anime) that also explored a similar theme and featured a similar villain. And yes, I agree that recent AI hype is giving a various range of thoughts to people - including seemingly sci-fi based fears of entity similar to Shodan becoming a danger to the humanity. 

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

sorry running a bit behind. Shall I go ahead and close this contest? or does anyone need more tine?

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,845

I'm done.  Hopefully if anyone is still working on an image they'll chime in and let us know.  Sometimes they can take forever to render.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,010

Past as Future - great idea and entry

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited March 2023

@Apoc: I am still working on an image. If I could have a few extra hours, that would be great. Thanks.

Now I can tell you a more precise time, today until six o'clock p.m. EST (New York) ;-) If you could get this extra time, that would be excellent. Thanks a lot in advance.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited March 2023

Finally the render of the my picture is done. Lasted for hours. The picture is called "Mysterious mainframe memory display"

Mysterious mainframe memory display

mmmd_2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 299K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro, it turned out so pretty.  Well worth the render time.  Love all the colors.

• @NGartplay: Thank you very much.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

Electro-Elvis - great collection of LEDs, very well done and great entry.

Wow Electro-Elvis beautiful colorful entry well done

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,105

Electro-Elvis : very colourful entry, original idea, well done.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,988

Horo said:

Electro-Elvis - great collection of LEDs, very well done and great entry.

+ 1    ~   yeah ,  sure is    ~ 

Ok, if there is no one else, I will close this contest tommorow and get the poll up

Thanks Apoc

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,759

Lovely work Electro-Elvis.

• @Horo, mermaid010, adbc, ed3d, Hansmar: Thanks a lot. The image is inspired by a real computer console.

• I'm sorry that I haven't reported in a long time. I was sick.

@Mermaid:
    Cyber Attack - turned out wonderful. I love the colors and the perspective.

@S Ray:
    Mother Board - very futuristic motherboard. Excellent work.

@ Past as Future:
    The Goddess of Cyberspace - Very Abstract. Wonderful texture on the face. I like it.

@ Electro Elvis:
    Mysterious mainframe memory display - A true firework of colors. Turned out very beautiful.

Thanks Drachenlords

Sorry for the delay, had somethings come up. Poll is up

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624651/56th-bryce-contest-poll

Thanks a ton Apoc 

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Apoc: Many thanks for your efforts!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,105

Apoc : thank you !

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,759